Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you promise anyone money from your potential lottery winnings?
Yes 6 26.09%
No 10 43.48%
I never play 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 11-08-2022, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongoMike View Post
aka shoebootie aka DeathInGrasp aka XenoTitty aka Apia aka Keith
I might get shit for this but....

why are you here? Why do you listen? You don't like the show, the hosts, or the listeners. I'm not saying you gotta agree/like everything they say. But if you don't like or enjoy the majority, why the fuck are you here?

Get a hobby that brings you more joy than this. Go out and have experiences that don't make you the "well actually" motherfucker that no one likes.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
aka shoebootie aka DeathInGrasp aka XenoTitty aka Apia aka Keith
Yeah except you were actually the only one who got caught using a bunch of accounts. At this point you’re just kinda like the kid playing pretend in the corner while the grown-ups talk. It’s kind of adorable in a sad sad sad weird way.
shoebootie and bag of lazers like this.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoTitty View Post
Yeah except you were actually the only one who got caught using a bunch of accounts. At this point you’re just kinda like the kid playing pretend in the corner while the grown-ups talk. It’s kind of adorable in a sad sad sad weird way.
and I have been in a physical room with shoebootie and Keith and we all had separate bodies.
MongoMike likes this.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
I might get shit for this but....

why are you here? Why do you listen? You don't like the show, the hosts, or the listeners. I'm not saying you gotta agree/like everything they say. But if you don't like or enjoy the majority, why the fuck are you here?

Get a hobby that brings you more joy than this. Go out and have experiences that don't make you the "well actually" motherfucker that no one likes.
Hi Shoebootie,
I'm here because I very much enjoy the show and get great pleasure from listening. I really enjoy most of the guests. I mostly really like Keith and still love Chemda. I feel as a listener as if Keith is like a long distance friend who is being brainwashed by the media and social pressures and it's been very sad to see his quality and frequency of thought deteriorate. At the same time I used to feel Chemda was totally out to lunch but have really been impressed with her critical thought recently on the opposite trajectory from Keith. I know sending him and his ill guided listener base these messages on the board won't change minds (only they can change their minds but first they have to be open to the idea - Chemda seems to be but not Keith for a long time now) but at least having some counter voice viewable to other viewers on the forum allows (to a much lesser exposure and extent) them to see where 'alternate facts' and horribly untenable views are at work in the show and subsequent conversation. Hopefully, there is a slight pause and maybe some critical thought applied to some of the tact on ideas viewers may hold by hearing one point of view but not arriving there of their own contemplation. It is extremely dangerous to just hear the echo chamber over and over saying the same things (I see this becoming more and more the norm) and even if it's one or a handful of voices that is ridiculed and disliked it still serves a value.

If I didn't care or didn't like these people I would have unsubscribed, cancelled my VIP, asked for refunds etc a long time ago. I care deeply about them and their listeners and some of their guests so I feel (even if I respond incoherently and I'm wrong some of the time {I'm actually not very smart at all but I do my research and try really hard to find truth and to not rely on other forming my positions for me}) getting some push back is good for all and hopefully at least causes a SLIGHT pause and contemplation on the loose allegations/thought processes/parroting of other thoughts and a deeper evaluation of their convictions.

Thank you for the recommendation on getting hobbies. I have many hobbies and listen to this and other podcasts from time to time while I do some of those things. I have a very full and happy life and part of being satisfied with who I am as an individual includes the taking of responsibility to speak up for what I see to be true and to exercise through conversations (digital or otherwise) refinement of my thinking by speaking to people who hold opposing points of view. Your statement that no on likes me is of no value or concern to me; my value is not externally exsigned. If you think it matters, I like you.

- Michael
Old 11-08-2022, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
and I have been in a physical room with shoebootie and Keith and we all had separate bodies.
As have I
Old 11-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoTitty View Post
4 Social Points to Hufflepuff. Ad hominem is clearly more effective than dealing with the content of discourse...well done.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
C'mon... we don't have to be THAT separate

Old 11-08-2022, 02:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
C'mon... we don't have to be THAT separate

I give enthusiastic consent.
shoebootie and MongoMike like this.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
I'm here because I very much enjoy the show and get great pleasure from listening. I really enjoy most of the guests. I mostly really like Keith and still love Chemda. I feel as a listener as if Keith is like a long distance friend who is being brainwashed by the media and social pressures and it's been very sad to see his quality and frequency of thought deteriorate.
Meanwhile I sincerely wouldn't mind if you were dead. What a strange dynamic we have.
rodimusprime and XenoTitty like this.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Meanwhile I sincerely wouldn't mind if you were dead. What a strange dynamic we have.
Man's is trying to be a villian to your superhero.

Didn't another Keith already try this?