Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Just got back from ANOTHER trip to Walgreens for more lice treatment. I found a lively one in her hair again even after the treatment on Saturday. GROSS!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderling
Just got back from ANOTHER trip to Walgreens for more lice treatment. I found a lively one in her hair again even after the treatment on Saturday. GROSS!!!
did you do your own? they like to travel...
Old 10-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

I treated EVERYONE in the house. My daughter is the only one who has it. Blech!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

The Departed = Infernal Affairs

Everyone knows that "The Departed" is a xerox of the Hong Kong film "Infernal Affairs" right?

"Infernal Affairs" is IMO the best Hong Kong movie ever, and if anyone is in doubt to how slick and modern Kong Kong films can be (without a hint of Kung-Fu) check it out.

I also love Scorcese, but it is a little disappointing that it seems that every scene is a rip off of the original. Even the shots and Police HQ sets are very similar. The only re-interpretation is that it is in Boston(?) not Hong Kong. Jack Nicholson is a master stroke and a very different crime leader than the Kong Kong version (who was extremely charismatic in a very different way).

Anyway I thought I would let people know that whilst "The Departed" is good its not an inspired original but a scene by scene copy. Those who like "The Departed" might want to check out "Infernal Affairs" and its 'Godfather 2-esque' prequel "Infernal Affairs 2" which details the crime boss's rise to leadership. Like GF 2 its slower but far more epic in scope. Skip the sequel "Infernal Affairs 3" as its just tedious and un-involving.

Last edited by Squirter; 10-11-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
We had the issue with our daughter a few years ago, unfortunately, it's a long process to rid yourself of them. You have to vaccum daily, and empty the contents each time, seal all her stuffed animals and throw pillows in a plastic garbage bag for a few weeks to ensure their dead...washing the bedding each day...ARGH. My wife had one or two but we caught them before they got her. My wife spent an hour each night going through our daughters hair with a nit comb. One tip is to have scotch tape available to stick then to, then fold it to seal it, before throwing it away. I feel for you and yours!
Good luck!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft
We had the issue with our daughter a few years ago, unfortunately, it's a long process to rid yourself of them. You have to vaccum daily, and empty the contents each time, seal all her stuffed animals and throw pillows in a plastic garbage bag for a few weeks to ensure their dead...washing the bedding each day...ARGH. My wife had one or two but we caught them before they got her. My wife spent an hour each night going through our daughters hair with a nit comb. One tip is to have scotch tape available to stick then to, then fold it to seal it, before throwing it away. I feel for you and yours!
Good luck!
Oh crap...that is not what I wanted to hear. I am doing all of the above (with the exception of the Scotch tape) so we shall see what happens. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh crap...that is not what I wanted to hear. I am doing all of the above (with the exception of the Scotch tape) so we shall see what happens. Thanks for the tip.
Just breed them and sell them on the internet.

Call the Glitter revenge guy and he can add them to the glitter for special request.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #28 (permalink)

Lice was my biggest fear when I had dreadlocks. I was worried that the kid would come home with it and I'd have to shave my head.

No lice yet, but I shaved my head anyways last year.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
I shaved my head anyways last year.
Punk rocker.

I had a roommate in college that shaved her head. She thought she was making a statement. Everyone thought she was weird.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
Lice was my biggest fear when I had dreadlocks. I was worried that the kid would come home with it and I'd have to shave my head.

No lice yet, but I shaved my head anyways last year.
I wish we would of met when you had Dreads.