Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-28-2006, 04:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Wow. Rain much in the northwest? There's only two reasons for having an unplanned kid. Bad planning or bad rhythm. (I guess there's rape but I don't wanna be a downer.)

But if you really hate people, at least you're doing the responsible thing and staying at home.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Definitly try having pets (young pets you have to train) first to get used ot the commitment and dedication. A puppy is the next best thing to a kid to see what it would do to your life and relationship. *Shrug*
Old 10-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazT N8
Wow. Rain much in the northwest? There's only two reasons for having an unplanned kid. Bad planning or bad rhythm. (I guess there's rape but I don't wanna be a downer.)

But if you really hate people, at least you're doing the responsible thing and staying at home.
LOL. I don't really hate people, just the ignorant ones that cross my path.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeDrunkReadyToFakeFight
Definitly try having pets (young pets you have to train) first to get used ot the commitment and dedication. A puppy is the next best thing to a kid to see what it would do to your life and relationship. *Shrug*
We've got two dogs and two cats. They're about as much responsibility for another living thing that I'm comfortable with. Plus they don't talk back or call in to podcast shows and blab about all their sexual indiscretions
Old 10-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavimbi
My sister told me not to have kids until I could like other people's kids as well. Since I can't stand most other people, never mind their curtain-climbing rugrats, I'll pass for now.
That is bad advice. You can't judge how your children are going to be, by others kid. Most parents suck at discipline. My best advise is if there is a strong father in the picture that disciplines fairly. Then the kids should be alright. My kids know I'm very easy going for the most part, but if they step out of line, the wrath of GOD will strike them. Always be constant, logical and fair with the discipline and you should be alright. I have many comments from other parents saying my children are so well behaved. Your mileage may vary.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Now I'm curious: how many listeners do you guys have in Washington State? Enough to do a show over here and get Max laid? Spokane or Seattle on the weekend would be a fantastic time for a live audience show, definitely worth one of my three personal days.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindCharger
That is bad advice. You can't judge how your children are going to be, by others kid. Most parents suck at discipline. My best advise is if there is a strong father in the picture that disciplines fairly. Then the kids should be alright. My kids know I'm very easy going for the most part, but if they step out of line, the wrath of GOD will strike them. Always be constant, logical and fair with the discipline and you should be alright. I have many comments from other parents saying my children are so well behaved. Your mileage may vary.
A: You're avatar sucks, btw.

Secondly: I think it's great advice coming from someone who has three kids and basically opens her house to anyone, including her brother. My sister and her husband enjoy kids. They plan their life and activities around their kids and they include their friends and neighbors kids too. I'm not saying she's perfect, but think back to those people who just treated you like their own after five minutes of knowing you. It doesn't take a lot if you have the right personality, but if you don't, it'll probably never happen.

My brother in law is never home, so discipline and whatnot is left to my sister. In my eyes, she's a softie. in her's, I'm a fascist. We grew up without a father, so your whole argument is bullshit. I'd like to see you go head to head against the old lady. Good luck to you, sir, and she ain't in her prime no more.

People are people, and you're going to raise your kids in the image of yourself. It's inevitable. It's being prepared to accept the responsibility that counts.

"That's actually one of the most logical and reasonable comments I've read on the forums for a long, long time." Ooda
Old 10-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeDrunkReadyToFakeFight
Definitly try having pets (young pets you have to train) first to get used ot the commitment and dedication. A puppy is
I can just imagine Keth with a pet dog:

Let's see if there's anything a dog will not eat?

Can someone's ass smell so bad, a dog wouldn't even smell it?

Does goes urine taste the same as a human's urine?
Old 10-29-2006, 04:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavimbi
A: You're avatar sucks, btw.

Secondly: I think it's great advice coming from someone who has three kids and basically opens her house to anyone, including her brother. My sister and her husband enjoy kids. They plan their life and activities around their kids and they include their friends and neighbors kids too. I'm not saying she's perfect, but think back to those people who just treated you like their own after five minutes of knowing you. It doesn't take a lot if you have the right personality, but if you don't, it'll probably never happen.

My brother in law is never home, so discipline and whatnot is left to my sister. In my eyes, she's a softie. in her's, I'm a fascist. We grew up without a father, so your whole argument is bullshit. I'd like to see you go head to head against the old lady. Good luck to you, sir, and she ain't in her prime no more.

People are people, and you're going to raise your kids in the image of yourself. It's inevitable. It's being prepared to accept the responsibility that counts.

I am sorry you misunderstood me. She said "My sister told me not to have kids until I could like other people's kids as well."

It is hard to like other people's kids when they are raised so differently then the way you are going to raise them. I am sure your sister is a GREAT mother, and I commend her for raising her children.

If you enjoy your nieces and nephews, then you might be ready to have kids.

But I still stand behind my argument that having a strong male influence in a child's up bringing is very beneficial.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindCharger
But I still stand behind my argument that having a strong male influence in a child's up bringing is very beneficial.
Ok. I'd ask all the single mothers, and fatherless children out there what their opinion is. I'm sure there's a lot of difference in opinions.