Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juline
What I don't understand is why they took that route to the coast. Granted, I live here, I know there's going to be snow, and I know it's not a well-traveled road, but he was a techie that worked at CNET, you'd think he'd know to check his sources before relying on Mapquest (or whatever he was using). If you look at a real road map, you can see that route, while it may be more direct, isn't what you're going to want to be traveling on in bad weather. Even in good weather -- if you have car trouble, you're not going to get cell service out there.
I'm confused as hell.

How does this happen in America?

A whole week with no passing traffic? No cellphone, no laptop, no sat-nav, no blankets?

The guy did a very stupid thing. Brave but stupid.

Damn good show though with damn good guests, my only question... Where is Max? Spooky, Max and Matt, now there's a guest-list!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallnorth
I'm confused as hell.

How does this happen in America?

A whole week with no passing traffic? No cellphone, no laptop, no sat-nav, no blankets?

The guy did a very stupid thing. Brave but stupid.

Damn good show though with damn good guests, my only question... Where is Max? Spooky, Max and Matt, now there's a guest-list!
Oregon is a big enough state, and not very populated. Half the state's population (approx. 500,000) is in the Portland metro area, where I live. They were down in the boondocks, a heavily forested area on a road that really is only used by hunters and serious outdoor enthusiasts. They were in a Saab wagon with young children. Just dumb.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
Matt's a snob! I've never heard a Harry Potter reader say "it's well written." It's fluffy entertainment, that's all. I read non-fiction (I'm especially interested in history), I read literature (although Hemingway is a self-obsessed prick), but I also read Harry Potter.
That's almost exactly what I wrote on the feedback but it didn't get read.

Harry Potter is a great way to have kids READ BOOKS rather than sit in front of an xbox or Wii all day. Just for that alone, I think Harry Potter is great.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat

Harry Potter is a great way to have kids READ BOOKS rather than sit in front of an xbox or Wii all day. Just for that alone, I think Harry Potter is great.
Matt was talking mainly about ADULTS reading Harry Potter. I agree that the stroylines and characters (what little I know of them) are ideal for young children, but I'm with Matt, reading them as an adult is a sign of feeble-mindedness. However, I disagree with his alternative - Hemingway sucks.
I was lucky in that I grew up without a TV until I was 10 or so, which means I've always read plenty of books.
Kids nowadays have too many damn distractions, no wonder they're fat and stupid (except for your kids, KATG parents).
Old 12-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat

I'm with Matt on this one.

You kind of touch on the point Arcatacat, it is a fluffy, easy read. So are the other books in the children's section of your local library.

Bottom line is that it's a book for kids, you wouldn't read "famous five" or "cat in the hat" now, even if it was in an "adult" jacket.

You make a good point about getting the kids to read, doesn't mean you have to read it too though.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesikat
anyone have a link to the punish your kids Nintendo Wii box eBay listing or the text from it? The original auction is now down or has ended...

that guy is my new hero. damn bratty kids!
http://theanswermaysurpriseyou.blogspot.com/
Old 12-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Funky Remix!!!

You don't get stuff

uh uh

Work Harder

uh uh

You Don't get stuff

uh uh

Work Harder

Someone needs to make that into a song!!! I live in an industrial town in south western Ontario. Everybody here either works 50 hours a week at a dirty factory or lines up at the unemployment office demanding better service. I would fucking crank Keith saying "You don't get Stuff" in my car as i drive by those lazy fucking soap dodgers!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

BTW I can't support your show anymore because I don't want my children learning that they have to work hard in order to get the things they want. I'm alright with all the nigger saying, drug smoking, sex having and retard identifying. It's responsibility that makes me uncomfortable!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesikat
anyone have a link to the punish your kids Nintendo Wii box eBay listing or the text from it? The original auction is now down or has ended...

that guy is my new hero. damn bratty kids!
Here's the direct link to the related blog post...
Old 12-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
NO BRUMSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefastdieold
Here's the direct link to the related blog post...
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yoooooooooooooou!