Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtkitty1313
the math part of this was too funny. My boyfriend freaks out on m b/c i am constantly calculating costs/averages/etc.....the latest one he spent too much on toilet paper per roll....

I do that, too. "Is it better to buy this 12 pack for X amount of dollars when the six pack costs X amount?" And then you end up with 20 rolls of toilet paper in your house. Maybe it's a chick thing.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #52 (permalink)

Speaking of reviews I saw this today...

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...2142006/243619

Headroom by Ryan Brosmer / December 14, 2006 12:50 am

Two comedy masterpieces just in time for the holidays

Welcome back to our little year-end wrap up here at Headroom. Classes are over, final exams are in full swing and the PlayStation 3 is still sold out everywhere. Good riddance--I'm holding out for a Wii.

But I digress. None of that is pertinent to this week's little gem.

I've talked before, at some length, about podcasts, little audio or video downloads that can turn your computer or MP3 player into your own (more or less) on-demand media and information center. Well, I've recently found a new one, one that goes above and beyond the bounds of normal podcasts. I am, of course, speaking of "Keith and the Girl."

"Keith and the Girl," or "KATG," is more or less a talk radio show that happens to benefit greatly from its two hosts, comedian Keith Malley and his singer-songwriter girlfriend, Chemda Khalili.

"KATG" can be downloaded, five days a week at the least, as a podcast through iTunes. Downloading the podcasts would probably be a good starting point for new fans, and it's where I began. But before it's put up for download, the show originates as a live, streaming broadcast that can be listened to through iTunes or other media players. The live shows happen at different times during the day from midafternoon to the wee hours of the morning.

One thing that makes "KATG" such fun to listen to is the level of interaction they have with their audience. They read posts from their online forums and their chat room. They even have a live feedback program that lets listeners instantly give their input and, many times, have it read on air. All that on top of taking phone calls, reading e-mails and featuring guests who are also parts of their regular online community.

Now, one thing before we go on: This show (and anything that comes out of Keith Malley's mouth) is funny--but the adult kind of funny.

The podcast/radio show is just one discovery I made late in this year--they just broke into the 400s on their episode count. The second half of this tale is a DVD recently released by Mr. Malley.

Malley is a one-time grand-prize winner of the prestigious World Comedy Laugh Off, and is author of the most downloaded book in history, "The Great American Novel," his still incomplete autobiography. His latest comedic offering is "Happy to Serve You," a live DVD taped this past spring. This is just in time for the holidays, and perfect for that person who has everything, especially a funny bone.

On the "KATG" store on their Web site, the DVD is said to detail Malley's "disgusting work in the service industry and his search for employment. This time, he skewers high school teachers, college professors, police officers, his girlfriend and probably you."

"Happy to Serve You" runs just under an hour in length, but packs in a perfect amount of comedy sure to offend you or somebody nearby. It also might make you think twice about going out to eat. Good thing there are still lots of Thanksgiving leftovers still in the fridge.

To get in on the "KATG" action and to pick up a copy of "Happy to Serve You," visit their Web site, KeithAndTheGirl.com--and get there before tomorrow for guaranteed shipping in time for Christmas.

RYAN BROSMER is a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #53 (permalink)

Good find William (wb by the way).

Decent enough review - I wonder if Ryan is on the Forums yet??
Old 12-14-2006, 04:49 PM   #54 (permalink)

"12 months in a year into $2500. That's $28 dollars a month" - Keith

Chemda may be skeptical but I'm pretty sure that nobody on the chat helped Keith out with this.