Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-14-2006, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

406: Spreading the Cheer

"Hate 'em for being the equivalent of me breaking into your house and wiping a strange 12-foot dick across your neck."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

After seeing that KATG Zippo I'm thinking I might have to take up smoking so I have an excuse to buy it.

~

Recommended daily alcohol intake according to the British government:

"British recommendations are two to three units of alcohol a day for women and three to four units for men. It's a good idea to have two or to three alcohol-free days each week.

What's a unit?
One unit is considered to be 8g of alcohol. Often units are quoted as being one small glass of wine, half a pint of beer or one pub measure of spirits.

However, the alcohol content of different products does vary. Some stronger beers and lagers may contain as many as 2.5 units of alcohol per half pint. The size of some drinks may also vary; home measures of spirits are usually more generous than pub measures, and many bars now serve large glasses of wine (175ml, around 2 units) as standard."

~

And for Keith McNally, I have been loving your segments at the end of shows lately. Vote McNally in 2024!

Last edited by Solar; 12-14-2006 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Smoking and Drinking. It's a lifestyle choice.

Now I have three gifts on my Christmas list...

DENN_VIZ_lighter.jpgopener-keychain.gifZippo.gif

Last edited by smallnorth; 12-14-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hee, Keith thinks that Boost phone map is going to be like Harry Potter's Marauder's Map. It'll probably be about as retarded as Yahoo maps...streets are listed wrong, it tells you crazy directions, etc.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
Hee, Keith thinks that Boost phone map is going to be like Harry Potter's Marauder's Map.
Matt has no idea what you're talking about. Try to make you posts more better writed.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream
Matt has no idea what you're talking about. Try to make you posts more better writed.

Okay, insert some reference about bullfighting or the unrequited love for a nurse while recuperating from terrible war wounds. Then Matt will get it.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
Hee, Keith thinks that Boost phone map is going to be like Harry Potter's Marauder's Map. It'll probably be about as retarded as Yahoo maps...streets are listed wrong, it tells you crazy directions, etc.
Oh this application is much more sinister than anything in Harry Potter.

First a little back ground. Boost is a prepaid product for Nextel (owned by Sprint) (why would they market a prepaid service to an Urban market segment? Who knows) and you can get the same product under different names from both i.e. Sprint offers Family Locator service.

The thing is that you first have to allow the person to track you by responding to a text message sent to your phone, and every time someone uses this application a text message is sent to the phone Keet has located you so its not all that nefarious.

But when you think about the fact that all cell phone services do this behind the scenes its a little creepy. Your phone is triangulated using cell towers at every moment so they can pass your call from one tower to the next and keep your call connected when you are moving. But the bad part is that they can (and probably do) keep records of where your phone has been. If you remember the Lacey Peterson Case (where dude killed his wife and unborn child then dumped them in the bay) during the trial the prosecutor pointed out that records showed Scott Peterson had been driving around the area where the bodies had been dumped several times after they were reported missing, and that he had conversations with people and said he was in one place while the phone records indicated he was in another. I guess my point is that just like the fact that your credit cards track not only the amount and location of your purchase, but every item that you purchase as well, your phone company knows were you are and where you have been.

All this information is stored in huge computer databases, which is exactly where the robots want it while they wait for the revolution to begin. Sleep well kiddies

HUAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dep junior Teggsas
Old 12-14-2006, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Phone games cost 8 bucks!!?? What a fucking rip-off!
Old 12-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

cool pic
Old 12-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPjrTX
I guess my point is that just like the fact that your credit cards track not only the amount and location of your purchase, but every item that you purchase as well, your phone company knows were you are and where you have been.