Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r View Post
GUID = Globally Unique Identifier.
Tanks. I dint want to be prolem or roon your day. I owe you a bare.

-Peesch
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Their point was why give them the specific time of "midnight" no matter what time of day the surgery is actually scheduled?
I'm sure they don't tell everyone that. When I've had surgery it was midnight, but the operation wasn't till well after noon, or 12 hours, sometimes even being told not to eat for 24 hours before the knife. They just don't want there to be active shit going on in your stomach that could come up.

Quote:
If they just tell everyone to stop eating at midnight, a person with a seven a.m. surgery is going to have a much easier time than someone with a four p.m. surgery.
I have never had an operation before lunch time, and I'm not so sure how many doctors want to be doing surgery at 7am.

Quote:
And then of course after the time it takes to do the surgery, recover from the anesthesia, and get home, Keith probably had to go more than 18 hours without eating. That sucks!
You can for a while without eating. Some people don't even feel like eating after anesthesia because it makes them nauseous.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r View Post
there's the feed and then the GUID if either changes or the podcatcher looses track shows get re-downloaded.

podshow fucks up the most though, and they do insertion for their ads at download time like kiptronic do, so their'd be no need to re-upload a show to put an ad in.
Glad you brought that up paul - I re-call reading up on this when some of my feeds went haywire in the last few years.

Changing the GUID messes up Juice and iTunes and can cause these probs - it's not always a nefarious plot - can happen when you try to migrate feeds. Problem is in the guts of the aggregator and rss feed implementation.

Some of leo laporte/pixel corp feeds are being jiggered with this week and may trigger the same thing. and they are warning people about it, just in case. It's a BIG pain in the ass when juice all of sudden decides to re-sync/download 3.2 gig of shite you've already seen!

Can someone explain the tech side of things more clearly?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
It's so you don't throw up while your on the table from the anesthesia and the tube down your throat breathing for you. Otherwise you could get have some bad shit happen like rooin your lungs.
I'm glad it's easy to joke on a forum for a comedy podcast.

Quote:
I'm sure they don't tell everyone that. When I've had surgery it was midnight, but the operation wasn't till well after noon, or 12 hours, sometimes even being told not to eat for 24 hours before the knife. They just don't want there to be active shit going on in your stomach that could come up.
They tell a lot of people that. You don't know if you're going to get bumped up a few time slots because of cancellations or reschedules.

Quote:
I have never had an operation before lunch time, and I'm not so sure how many doctors want to be doing surgery at 7am.
Actually, I would want to be the first or second patient in. Do you want the doctor who is fresh in the morning, or the doctor who has been standing and hunched over patients all day, maybe thinking about that appendectomy he almost fucked up earlier?

Doctor's schedule their time pretty tight and if you are in at 4, you are probably the 6th or 7th surgery they've done that day. The doctor's I've had surgeries with (5 and counting) have all done surgeries in the right away morning and do their rounds in the afternoon when they don't have to be as sharp.

Quote:
You can for a while without eating. Some people don't even feel like eating after anesthesia because it makes them nauseous.
Which is why they don't want you to have anything in your stomach. So you don't wake up puking when they bring you out of a drug induced coma.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

I have a gmail account and I NEVER got Spam until I went to vote for KATG at Podcast Ally. Those motherfuckers sold my email to EVERYONE.

I guess I could look at it as a blessing if I wanted to "feed my dick and watch it grow" or "make her choke on cum"

but since I don't, it sucks
Old 03-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkhead View Post
Thats odd, I've never had that problem. Anyone else?
not on KATG I'd get double episodes of the SSBS on occasion

iTunes 7.0.2.16 on XP
Old 03-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
I stay at home and work from home and I listen to KATG. Just sayin'.
You don't see Jerry Springer on Prime time I'm just saying
Old 03-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

I would like have a referendum to change the current O Canada to Keith's O Canada officially.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhian View Post
I would like have a referendum to change the current O Canada to Keith's O Canada officially.
MAPLE SYRUP!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhian View Post

Seconded.