Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballzon View Post
Actually, I would want to be the first or second patient in. Do you want the doctor who is fresh in the morning, or the doctor who has been standing and hunched over patients all day, maybe thinking about that appendectomy he almost fucked up earlier?
I'd rather have a doctor who didn't do any operations in the morning unless they are emergencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballzon View Post
Which is why they don't want you to have anything in your stomach. So you don't wake up puking when they bring you out of a drug induced coma.
Or so you don't throw up while on the table and have the vomit go into your lungs reducing their capacity by 40% and putting you in ICU in a drug induced coma for 2 weeks.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:01 PM   #42 (permalink)

So, my iTunes still won't download the show. Who do I blame for this? Libsyn, iTunes, or Jesus?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #43 (permalink)

I'm voting for

Adam Curry...he's EBIL!!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:46 AM   #44 (permalink)

When I was 15 I collapsed one day at home for no reason at all. Afterwards I couldn't walk, my legs were jelly, I couldn't get them to move. Naturally I was fucking panicked. Cut to a few weeks later I'm told by my doctor that I have a tumour the size of a golf ball growing out of my spinal cord and that unless I have it operated on I would never walk again.

Well fuck me I said...

...So I have the operation, the tumour is removed. I am confined to a bed for 6 weeks unable to move below the waist being turned every four fucking hours, have my shit and piss cleaned up by the nurses as well as myself...(come to think of it...that wasn't so bad - the nurses were hot). I'm told there's a 70% chance I'll never walk again as the tumour was so extensive. I'm pretty fucking pissed off by this stage. But not to be out done I spend two years (on and off) teaching myself to walk again and I CAN walk again. I did it by swimming a couple kilometers in a pool every day. I am completely normal looking although I can't feel my left leg any more (that's one thing the doctors screwed up but I'm not sure I can complain too much about that - on second thought though - they shoulda done their fucking job properly!!

So yeah...surgery is a bitch...but we get through somehow...
Old 03-30-2007, 08:11 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banisters_mind View Post
When I was 15 I collapsed one day at home for no reason at all. Afterwards I couldn't walk, my legs were jelly, I couldn't get them to move. Naturally I was fucking panicked. Cut to a few weeks later I'm told by my doctor that I have a tumour the size of a golf ball growing out of my spinal cord and that unless I have it operated on I would never walk again.

Well fuck me I said...

...So I have the operation, the tumour is removed. I am confined to a bed for 6 weeks unable to move below the waist being turned every four fucking hours, have my shit and piss cleaned up by the nurses as well as myself...(come to think of it...that wasn't so bad - the nurses were hot). I'm told there's a 70% chance I'll never walk again as the tumour was so extensive. I'm pretty fucking pissed off by this stage. But not to be out done I spend two years (on and off) teaching myself to walk again and I CAN walk again. I did it by swimming a couple kilometers in a pool every day. I am completely normal looking although I can't feel my left leg any more (that's one thing the doctors screwed up but I'm not sure I can complain too much about that - on second thought though - they shoulda done their fucking job properly!!

Wow...what an intense story. It really pisses me off when doctors throw out percentages (70% chance you'll never walk again). Fuck that. Congrats on overcoming a serious medical situation. Cheers!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banisters_mind View Post

Well fuck me I said...

In your picture. Are you the one on the right or left?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoboy View Post
In your picture. Are you the one on the right or left?
The right. The one on my left is my evil spawn...but he's so cute!!

And by the way, Gunderling - Thanks man...
Old 03-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Thank You!!
Last Fan, the gay dude.

YAY!
I finally know that my gay-dar
does work, before you said anything about the clothing thing.

I was like...some teenage boy picky? When there are a lot of fucking hot girls out there.

I was like, he is gay.

MY GAY-DAR DOES WORK!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r View Post
there's the feed and then the GUID if either changes or the podcatcher looses track shows get re-downloaded.

podshow fucks up the most though, and they do insertion for their ads at download time like kiptronic do, so their'd be no need to re-upload a show to put an ad in.
Some RSS readers make a decision to download based on the "last updated" timestamp in the XML of the page that they use. This is why so many people have a complete re-download after DSL changes.

That's completely different to the "download requests" stated by Adam Curry, which could simply refer to the viewing of an XML page by an RSS reader.

Every time you hit "update" in iTunes, for example, could count as a "download request". Even though you don't actually download an mp3.

Inserting an ad would require a whole new download, if it alters the mp3 and therefore the time that it was last updated. If it [the ad] is just tagged onto the front and/or end of an mp3 when you download, then changing the ads makes no difference.

Changing the "GUID" (I assume you mean IP address, Paul_r) makes no difference, unless you use a different machine.

My final comment; "their'd" Paul_r, really? I'd normally rip into this, but I though it more jwdd27's style to point out spelling and grammar mistakes.

Proud member of Keith's top 20
Old 03-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallnorth View Post
Some RSS readers make a decision to download based on the "last updated" timestamp in the XML of the page that they use. This is why so many people have a complete re-download after DSL changes.

That's completely different to the "download requests" stated by Adam Curry, which could simply refer to the viewing of an XML page by an RSS reader.

Every time you hit "update" in iTunes, for example, could count as a "download request". Even though you don't actually download an mp3.

Inserting an ad would require a whole new download, if it alters the mp3 and therefore the time that it was last updated. If it [the ad] is just tagged onto the front and/or end of an mp3 when you download, then changing the ads makes no difference.
podshow can do an insert at any point in an mp3 at download time, this is after the download request. (or they say they can)

Quote:
Changing the "GUID" (I assume you mean IP address, Paul_r) makes no difference, unless you use a different machine.
No, GUID is part of the rss spec, it's a unique id for the file.
Quote:
My final comment; "their'd" Paul_r, really? I'd normally rip into this, but I though it more jwdd27's style to point out spelling and grammar mistakes.
as it says in my sig [sic] i doze it just to wind you up, init.