Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Great segment, Dina - best one yet I'd say!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dina rocks - but we would like to see pictures.
A few things I love - looking forward to Patrice on Thursday, and Dina on Friday.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by be leaves View Post

i also asked friends what they think the protocal is, without telling them how i felt, to get some honest answers out of people... and generally the response i got is that it depends on the situation. depends on the people, depends on the party, etc. which is what i think too.. there are SOME cases where it's okay, but they should be thought of as exceptions that prove the rule.
I think it depends too.

When I was younger and we were all poor, it was understood that you took your own booze to the party, drunk YOURS and then took it if you didn't finish it.

Then when I got older and started going to more grown-up parties, there was that 'bring a bottle' thing, and the bottle is considered a gift - the host might not even open all the liquor, but they still get to keep it all.

By then I had stopped drinking though, so I would just take some OJ or something. Sometimes the host will give it back to me if it is unopened, but otherwise I'd leave it there.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
I think it depends too.
It only depends if You are the douch that takes home the booze.

You only get to take home the booze in your belly – and thats on bad partys!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Cooler call comes to life - go Dena!

OK - I am going to try to write this without it being one of those word/math problem questions that screwed up GPA.

We had a cookout at my house about a month ago. I had a 12 pack of Henies and provided all the burgers / BBQ Chicken snacks and dessert. All I asked was for people to bring booze.

One guy (we'll call him Derek) brings a cooler full of micro brews. Another guy, (we'll call him Asshole) brings a 12 pack of Henies and 12 pack of Bud Light. These go in the fridge.

We have a great cookout, people bring all kinds of booze and we have a great time. Derek leaves and takes his beer. I never felt like - what an asshole - about him doing that. Not only did he bring his own cooler, but he served as beer wench. Asking people if they need a beer and providing from his cooler. Never had a second thought about it.

So party is over and I am left with 11 Bud Lights and 12 Henies and some Bacardi Twist / Zema type bottles. Great! I have some Henies to sip on over the next week or so. At this point Asshole leaves his beers in my fridge, and says "hey you can keep those beers."

So it is the next Saturday. We are staying in to watch Asshole's son while him and his wife go to see a concert. His son is about 4 months old and we are going to watch him over night so he and his wife can drink (we have a 4 month old daughter).

So he shows up at the house with his cooler and asks "you got any of those Henies left?" Sure I said as I moved to the fridge to get one out for each of us. At which point he puts his cooler in front of the refridge and TAKES THE REMAINING SEVEN HENIEs OUT OF THE FRIDGE AND PUTS THEM IN HIS COOLER.

When he said "you can keep those beers" I did not realize he tacked on a "for me" under his breath.

His wife was mortified - he felt there is not a problem with it. Shit, even if he wanted to take them - we started the party with the same amount - half were mine. Also, they were going to bring over dinner for us watching their son...guess what - no dinner. Big surprise! It is like when Keith talks about playing the lottery, if you play, you know you are going to loose.

I am going to have to treat his beer deposits like a shady roommates check - you know 1 out of 10 checks he writes every month is going to bounce so you run to the bank before the ink is dry so it does not bounce on you. As soon as he brings beer over I am going to have to hide them in the fridge in the garage. What a punk!

Moral of the story: Dena is right. Derek with the cooler - didn't even think twice about him taking them home with him. Asshole...I'm going to cook a quiche, take it to their house, and as I am leaving take some eggs out of their fridge and put them in a bag for myself.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwriv View Post

Moral of the story: Dena is right. Derek with the cooler - didn't even think twice about him taking them home with him. Asshole...I'm going to cook a quiche, take it to their house, and as I am leaving take some eggs out of their fridge and put them in a bag for myself.
Oh no, that is just wrong. But funny!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

I really think it depends on what is customary for your social circles. Some circles its acceptable to take stuff you bring home with you, some its not. I think you should go with the expectation that you're NOT taking it home, but if the host insists you do, then its only right to honor your hosts wishes (after the customary attempt to decline their offer.)
Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Gazaar - loosen the mask, I think it is cutting off the circulation to your brain. If you bring stuff and don't cooler it - it is the hosts. Dena is brilliant!

If you feel comfortable bringing an igloo to your next wine tasting party - you shouldn't have a problem taking home a 1/2 drank bottle.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

bump . . if you haven't heard this one . . classic and pre-flageolet register laugh
Old 05-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hey ya, Where has Rellek been? I haven't seen him sitting on the couch or on the forums for many months.