Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballzon View Post
I just looked in my wallet and I have bills that were printed in the 80's. How's that work?

Pennies will be the first to go because it costs something like twice as much to produce them as they are worth.

Coins are from ancient biblical times. Bills are the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballzon View Post
RFID is the future.

Picking up what you want and just walking out of a store with it and your account gets charged automatically.
OK which future are you going with? Bills or RFD?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #52 (permalink)

I swear, those things are dollars, not just subway tokens. I bought a chocolate bar with one. It's called the "Sacagawea Dollar".

Quote:
The Sacagawea dollar, along with the Presidential Dollar series, is one of the two current United States dollar coins.

The coins are widely available in New York City, where the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, the state agency that runs the New York City Transit System subways and buses, uses the coin in their MetroCard Vending Machines for change up to six dollars.
also:

Quote:
(James C. Benfield, executive director of the Coin Coalition) also pinned down the root cause of the Sacagawea's failure: "The chief stumbling-block to the success of the 'golden dollar' is the continued presence of the $1 bill. The lesson demonstrated by our SBA experience, and learned by all countries that have introduced a high-denomination coin since 1979, is that the equivalent note must be removed from circulation. The only country not to learn that lesson is the United States."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea_dollar

Last edited by McNally; 08-28-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #53 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I swear, those things are dollars, not just subway tokens. I bought a chocolate bar with one. It's called the "Sacagawea Dollar".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea_dollar
LOL, there haven't been subway tokens since 2001 I think

For the record, I hate coin money. If I had my way I would always use a card but if that isn't an option I prefer as much paper as possible.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

Holy Lord. I can't believe how many posts I've made about american $1 bills, but I just found this: There was an organization formed called "Save the Greenback", because people love their dollar bill so much, even though "the Government Accountability Office reported that a full implementation of the dollar coin could save $500 million a year".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_the_Greenback
Old 08-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #55 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Holy Lord. I can't believe how many posts I've made about american $1 bills, but I just found this: There was an organization formed called "Save the Greenback", because people love their dollar bill so much, even though "the Government Accountability Office reported that a full implementation of the dollar coin could save $500 million a year".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_the_Greenback
We would just waste the $500mil on something meaningless anyway. Save the Greenback (and quit making it gay colors)
Old 08-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #56 (permalink)

I just have something to throw out there.

So, Chemda and Patrice were talking about Britney on the show, and how she wanted to whiten her kids' baby teeth.

Don't get me wrong, Britney is fucking insane for wanting to do that. But about the sensitivity thing... Don't mother's get their babies' ears peirced when they are as young as 6 months old? Why is it that babies are not too sensitive to get their ears peirced and no one thinks that is crazy and harmful, but the teeth whitening is crazy and harmful?

I'm interested to hear what others think about this.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAP View Post
I just have something to throw out there.

So, Chemda and Patrice were talking about Britney on the show, and how she wanted to whiten her kids' baby teeth.

Don't get me wrong, Britney is fucking insane for wanting to do that. But about the sensitivity thing... Don't mother's get their babies' ears peirced when they are as young as 6 months old? Why is it that babies are not too sensitive to get their ears peirced and no one thinks that is crazy and harmful, but the teeth whitening is crazy and harmful?

I'm interested to hear what others think about this.
kids lose there teeth not there ears
Old 08-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:

That would be one of the aforementioned dollar coin attempts that "didn't take." Like the two dollar bill, it's very rarely seen or used.

I use my debit card almost exclusively these days so rarely carry cash, but there's just something satisfying about a wad of bills that isn't duplicated with a jangle of coins.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
No one carries coins except old ladies who hold up the line getting exact change to pay for their groceries.
No, it's not old ladies who hold up the line (or queue, 'cos I'm English) it's just ladies. The number of times I've been stood behind some female in a queue who waits until the till operator gives her the total for her purchase before she then starts sorting through her handbag to find her purse. Eventually she finds it and pulls out a debit card, not cash 'cos that would be too easy. Then, once the transaction is complete she has to put everything back in the purse, all the time I'm stood there with the pint of milk I've nipped out to buy and the exact change in my hand.

Alongside the "Ten Items or Less" checkout I think there should be a "Ten Seconds or Less" checkout. It would certainly concentrate peoples minds when they're in the queue, it may even provide entertainment.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #60 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Non smelly lotion

Hey Chemda,
What is the brand of lotion you like. I am always looking for good moisturizer, and hate the smelly shit too.
Tanks!