Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I do think the bill vs coin debate is largely personal preference, but the lifespan of a dollar bill is something like 25 months.
nope it's 5.6 months or 24 weeks, that's the reason we got rid of pound notes it cost too much printing them as they fell apart.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #62 (permalink)

on the song barbie girl by aqua. Matel lost the Barbie trademark case in the US supreme court.

Quote:
"Lawsuit

Mattel sued the band, saying they violated the Barbie trademark and turned Barbie into a sex object, referring to her as a "Blonde Bimbo."[2] They alleged the song had violated their copyrights and trademarks of Barbie, and that its lyrics had tarnished the reputation of their trademark and impinged on their marketing plan. Aqua claimed that Mattel injected their own meanings into the song's lyrics and MCA Records was not about to let their hit single be suppressed without a fight. They contested Mattel's claims and countersued for defamation after Mattel had likened MCA to a bank robber.[3]

The lawsuit filed by Mattel against MCA was dismissed by the lower courts, and this dismissal was upheld though Mattel took their case up to the Supreme Court of the United States (Mattel's appeal was later rejected). In 2002, Judge Alex Kozinski ruled the song was protected as a parody under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, and also threw out the defamation lawsuit Aqua's record company filed against Mattel. Kozinski concluded his ruling by saying "The parties are advised to chill."[4] The case was dismissed, and in the process, it garnered lots of media attention for the song and the band.."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie_Girl#Lawsuit
the follow up Dr Jones was equally annoying and a big hit in europe and UK #1

Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristoprat View Post
No, it's not old ladies who hold up the line (or queue, 'cos I'm English) it's just ladies. The number of times I've been stood behind some female in a queue who waits until the till operator gives her the total for her purchase before she then starts sorting through her handbag to find her purse. Eventually she finds it and pulls out a debit card, not cash 'cos that would be too easy. Then, once the transaction is complete she has to put everything back in the purse, all the time I'm stood there with the pint of milk I've nipped out to buy and the exact change in my hand.

Alongside the "Ten Items or Less" checkout I think there should be a "Ten Seconds or Less" checkout. It would certainly concentrate peoples minds when they're in the queue, it may even provide entertainment.
and on the bus after they've been standing there for 10 minutes... grrrrr...
Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #64 (permalink)

Jenna Jameson

Pics of Jenna's new look
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...69&newsLang=en
Old 09-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #65 (permalink)

tom rhodes is a badass comic.

i, like keith, have had him in my top comedians list for years..

i saw him last time he was in houston.. during the set i saw, he was a little toasted, and part of the time just let people request jokes...

i requested his mushroom joke, which is pretty old.. and he got about half way through it and then completely forgot the rest of it.. i felt guilty, but mainly just because, since it had been so long since i heard the joke, i couldn't remember it either...

despite being drunk and forgetful, he still killed.. killed!

it was impressive.. but talking to him after the show was a little weird.. i got the feeling that he wished i would disappear and a dozen hot girls would magically appear in my place.. which is totally understandable... but yea, still weird.
"The internet will eat you." - patrice (ep 539 1:49:04)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by be leaves View Post
i got the feeling that he wished i would disappear and a dozen hot girls would magically appear in my place..

Me too, Me too....
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #67 (permalink)

this episode randomly showed up in my feed on 08 Jan 2009, did that happen to anyone else?

Oh well, might as well listen again.