Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

602: Pulling Out

"I was worried that I wouldn't get a boner, and then she would be insulted."

www.LiamAbroad.blogspot.com

www.KidNation.tubecasts.com
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

"I heard Vancouver is the aids capital of North America"

OMG. I wanted to smack Spooky. Primarily because him and I had already had this discussions MONTHS ago and he conceded he was wrong...

The most recent information available finds that Washington DC is the Aids capital of North America.

Vancouver, while I'm not a big fan (nobody from the island is, we're pretentious that way) Kind of does have it figured out. There's ONE really dodgy area in the city where all the shelters are and treatment centers, so ya it looks really bad, because it looks like there's TONS of junkies - but really they're just all condensed nicely into one area.

That little red area? THATS the piece of Vancouver with the bad rep. Yes it has a HUGELY high HIV and STD rate, but when you hear statistics it's usually just referring to that area. The rest of Vancouver? Pretty damn nice - cause all the junkies are in one place.

Except for that tranny hooker in my friends neighborhood...but she provides us with endless entertainment. So we're ok with her.

Ok. I'm done. It just brought back old memories...this might have been my first conversation with spooky and I made him cry like a girl.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Junkies...pffft

Vancouver has other problems. They're losing their strip clubs! I lived there for University about 5 years back and since then the city has lost 2 that I know of (The Marble Arch and The Drake) and the second for low income housing! WTF, sure give the junkies a home, but what about the strippers?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

"You can get genital herpes from toilet seats."

MYTH

Myth. The genital herpes virus is a fragile virus that dries out when it is exposed to air. There have been no proven cases of genital herpes transmission from a toilet seat.

ps: want to know where Liam got his sources saying that Ellen do this all the time - if he can provide it, than I'll concede on the Ellen issue. Although it wasn't a "tiny little puppy" that the kids could injure, and I think the agency just handled the situation really really badly.

ASPCA President & CEO Ed Sayres, "We would encourage Mutts & Moms to re-visit their approach to this situation and look forward to a positive outcome that reinforces the importance of pets in our society and the human-animal bond."

and even Petfinder, where Mutts and Moms had listed their pets, that the agency said in their "Research, however, suggests that there is no difference in the success rates of the adoptions between organizations that screen heavily versus those that have more open adoption policies."

I think my biggest issue with the whole thing is how militant the pet adoption process is. And after seeing the reaction for Ellen's dumbass fans, I can see where it was very silly thing to talk about on national TV

Last edited by SkeleGirl; 10-19-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkhead View Post
Vancouver has other problems. They're losing their strip clubs! I lived there for University about 5 years back and since then the city has lost 2 that I know of (The Marble Arch and The Drake) and the second for low income housing! WTF, sure give the junkies a home, but what about the strippers?
Ya, What's up with the strip clubs closing down? I guess there's more money to be had in turning them into condos and lofts. Have you seen the prices of condos in Yaletown lately.
At least there's still the Number 5 Orange, I haven't been there for quite a while but I here it's still pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeleGirl View Post
That little red area? THATS the piece of Vancouver with the bad rep. Yes it has a HUGELY high HIV and STD rate, but when you hear statistics it's usually just referring to that area. The rest of Vancouver? Pretty damn nice - cause all the junkies are in one place.
I don't know about being the aids capital of North America, but the downtown Eastside is definitely the poorest postal code in Canada. Not a nice area to be strolling around.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Smile

Quote:
Vancouver, while I'm not a big fan (nobody from the island is, we're pretentious that way)
Oh ya, Your bums are much more aggressive than our bums!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty View Post
Ya, What's up with the strip clubs closing down? I guess there's more money to be had in turning them into condos and lofts. Have you seen the prices of condos in Yaletown lately.
At least there's still the Number 5 Orange, I haven't been there for quite a while but I here it's still pretty good.

You know, thats the one spot I never made it to. Next time, if its there. The problem in Van is that a lot of the good places for live music + peelers are being taken over by people who market for the "internationals", so you get more idiotic clubs. Too bad...

Yaletown, don't get me started, the douchebag to normal person ratio matches the property price increase. I've seen the infamous t-shirt "Yaletown: Genuine people, ample parking."

I've been living in France the past number of years and ended up moving to Montreal this week for work. It may be cold as balls here in the winter but its affordable.

That being said, in the spirit of Keith and Brolo's taste test, if I can get my shit together I'll start my own taste test here in Montreal. I take Keith's disappointment in Canadian strip clubs as a call out. I'll do my part for the show, and I will be in New York soon to compare.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty View Post
I don't know about being the aids capital of North America, but the downtown Eastside is definitely the poorest postal code in Canada.
/Sigh...

no. That would be in the City of Regina. Back your shit up people!

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?c...75&source=srch

As long as we're talking cities that is, if you want to discuss rural areas or Native Reserves when it comes to poverty...that's a whole different ball game.

Yes East Van is a fucked up area, but let's not paint the whole city with the same brush.

PS: I was just trying to be kind earlier, I actually kind of hate Vancouver. But I will concede most of the bums here on the island are damn aggressive and get up in your face...but at least all of them say "Thank you, have a nice day miss" when denied :P
Old 10-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
/I actually kind of hate Vancouver. But I will concede most of the bums here on the island are damn aggressive and get up in your face...but at least all of them say "Thank you, have a nice day miss" when denied :P

Yeah, but IIRC you are from the Island, so thats normal. I'm kind of down of Vancouver myself these days. I get back every year and its just gone to the dogs.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

I disagree with the person who said armchair kidnation is automatically targeted at kids because it has a kid in it. Would you take your kid to see a movie rated 18A just because one of the actors in the movie is a child? So why would you let your kid listen to a podcast with an Explicit tag just because it has a child in it.
Keith and the girl have finally convinced me to listen to another podcast now though. I never listened to an episode of mr.x and julie or soccergirl or brotherlove's thing, but I think I will have to finally listen to this, I've started downloading all the armchair kidnation episodes. What finally convinced me to listen is to find out how a conversation about Kidnation could turn into a lesson about clamidia.
The show might not be the same without patrice reacting shocked to all his comments though.