Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

603: Reunited

"The sincerity of your shit is amazing."

www.TheDavidLawrenceShow.com

www.TruthFilms.com
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

awesome show as usual. ive got to say, i like David Lawrence more when he's on your show than when he's on his... i think thats kinda weird.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

I never realized how small Somerset is. Wikipedia said it had just under seven thousand people in 2000. I went to a freakishly large high school, but it had 2,400 kids. My high school times 3 might be able to take Somerset in a fight. Crazy.

Class reunions seem weird to me, too. There were like 800 people in my graduating class. I didn't know who the fuck they were. I didn't even go to my graduation, 'cause listening to them call names for three hours was the last thing I needed. They broadcast it on public access, and I was gonna tape it and fast forward to see my friends and girls I wanted to fuck, but I forgot.

Big schools are fucking weird. At my smaller junior high school I got randomly bullied, but in high school it completely stopped. The place was just too big, everyone was shell shocked and nobody gave a fuck about anything. Not even sports. Creepy fucking place.

Last edited by McNally; 10-23-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Bullies in Canada talk sternly.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

That's fucking true. I got kicked once, but it was a good one, right in the head, and this one girl punched me in the stomach when I was twelve. Other than that it was all fucking talking. This one short, chubby little shit named Chris Skead verbally kicked my ass every day. How does that even make sense? He was short and fat! Canada could use more punching. My arms were longer, I coulda punched the shit out of him.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

So... who's the guest, and who's the host of this show?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

There were 30 people in my graduating class, and about the same in my wife's. Someone tried to organize a 10 year reunion, and ended up somehow bringing together people from my class and her's. Even with the two of them combined, there weren't enough people interested to make it worth the trouble of renting a hall. About half a dozen of us ended up going out for dinner at a Chinese restaurant, and aside from the two of us, the only other people there were the ones who still lived in the area, and probably had nothing better to do on a Saturday night. For three hours we sat around and talked about what everyone who didn't show up had done with their lives.
I've been invited to subsequent reunions, but figured it wasn't worth a plane ticket.
Keith's 200+ graduating class sound positively metropolitan in comparison.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Oh...and by the way....does anyone realize that Dumbledore is now the 2ND iconic gay wizard, after Ian McKellan as Gandalf? What's next....we find out the Wizard of Oz was looking at the tin man and thinking, "Hmmm...yeah. That's what I'm talkin' about!"
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Great show!

David Lawrence sounded a little creepy when he said he feels exhausted after listening to your shows...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I never realized how small Somerset is. Wikipedia said it had just under seven thousand people in 2000. I went to a freakishly large high school, but it had 2,400 kids. My high school times 3 might be able to take Somerset in a fight. Crazy.

I grew up in a small town in PA called Beaver. It's less than 100 miles from Sommerset. As of the 2000 census, the borough population was 4,775.

It's where they filmed Gung Ho starring Long Duck Dong and Wonder Boys and the upcoming Adventureland with Ryan Reynolds.

The population of the 70's and 80's was a lot higher, but when steel died, so did the town.

We left in 84. At the time, they were having talks about building new schools because it was getting crowded. In 86, they ended up merging a bunch of schools in the area.

The white parents were not happy. The town looked like segregation was still in full effect with the white part of town and the black part of town. Even the whites were somewhat separated into the Polish, the Italians and the Slavs.

When the steel companies pull the plug, everyone got dumped in together.