Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
I have written about dogs before. I truly love them and think of them as perfect companions. The exception to this rule are Daschunds. My girlfriend has one, and if by some chance we get married then have children the thing will have to go. If that thing even shows one ounce of aggression towards my kid I would snap its dissproportionate frame in half. I HATE DASCHUNDS!!!
Finally we can put this whole dog thing to rest then. We just get rid of Daschunds and we'll never have to hear a story like this again. I feel better.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Patrice's stance that no one should be allowed to try and change a law just because it personally affects them makes no sense at all. Of course someone is going to fight for something that affects them. How darned selfish of Megan Kanka's parents, getting the law changed regarding the registration of sex offenders after their daughter was abducted and murdered by one.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Patrice's stance that no one should be allowed to try and change a law just because it personally affects them makes no sense at all. Of course someone is going to fight for something that affects them. How darned selfish of Megan Kanka's parents, getting the law changed regarding the registration of sex offenders after their daughter was abducted and murdered by one.
totally agree with you on this and disagree with Patrice. If you feel something affects you and want to change the law I fully can agree with that.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

you are really going to compare Megan's law to the one legged lady who married up?

My issue with Heather is that she's making it seem like she's been building aganist the press for ages, when that isn't the case. And because it would suit her now that the shitstorm of the divorce is going on laws should be changed.

There of course have been lies about her in the press and that is unfair and she should address it but calling for national legislation because someone plants a fake story about Angelina Jolie picking up a few more kids is dumb.

My bad on the accent I could have sworn she came from a bit of middle class money.

Twitters

"Be gone, back to the cave from which you came." -Abs

"No, you can't go. He's a pederast."- Nick Postagulous
Old 11-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
you are really going to compare Megan's law to the one legged lady who married up?

My issue with Heather is that she's making it seem like she's been building aganist the press for ages, when that isn't the case. And because it would suit her now that the shitstorm of the divorce is going on laws should be changed.

There of course have been lies about her in the press and that is unfair and she should address it but calling for national legislation because someone plants a fake story about Angelina Jolie picking up a few more kids is dumb.

My bad on the accent I could have sworn she came from a bit of middle class money.
I have to agree with Patrice on this one. If Heather were doing this as a matter of principle it would be different, but she isn't. She may believe that the press printing all this stuff is wrong in general, but do you think she would be on this crusade if it hadn't directly affected her?

This is just an adult version of "I'm telling my mommy on you."
Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
I have to agree with Patrice on this one. If Heather were doing this as a matter of principle it would be different, but she isn't. She may believe that the press printing all this stuff is wrong in general, but do you think she would be on this crusade if it hadn't directly affected her?

This is just an adult version of "I'm telling my mommy on you."

How do you think people get principles?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
How do you think people get principles?
The issue here is the difference between having a problem with the media...and having a problem because the media has a problem with her.

There is no legitimate reason to petition for national legislation because the media has a problem with her.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
The issue here is the difference between having a problem with the media...and having a problem because the media has a problem with her.

There is no legitimate reason to petition for national legislation because the media has a problem with her.

Actually, if the media has a problem with her, that's pretty much the only legitimate reason to push for legislation. You're implying there's some sort of vendetta involved.

I assume you mean this isn't really the case, but that this is her perception.

But really, there's no reason for anyone to not try and change the laws for their own selfish reasons. Just like there's no reason for Patrice to lobby for them to not be changed for her own. To attack the reasons for doing this doesn't make any sense. If what she's proposing it so ridiculous and unsubstantiated then you ought to be able to squash her efforts by exposing that. Saying she shouldn't be doing what she's because it's currently effecting her personally is like telling people to not buy umbrella because they're getting wet. They should have already had one or they deserve it.

Last edited by starscream; 11-09-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Actually, if the media has a problem with her, that's pretty much the only legitimate reason to push for legislation. You're implying there's some sort of vendetta involved.

I assume you mean this isn't really the case, but that this is her perception.

But really, there's no reason for anyone to not try and change the laws for their own selfish reasons. Just like there's no reason for Patrice to lobby for them to not be changed for her own. To attack the reasons for doing this doesn't make any sense. If what she's proposing it so ridiculous and unsubstantiated then you ought to be able to squash her efforts by exposing that. Saying she shouldn't be doing what she's because it's currently effecting her personally is like telling people to not buy umbrella because they're getting wet. They should have already had one or they deserve it.
What I have a problem with is, to my understanding she is trying to appear as being a benevolent person, fighting to change the media for the greater good. When I don't think this is the case. The reasons she gives and the actual reasons seem to be in conflict.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

My only point was that people who fight to get laws changed are usually personally affected by the issue. I admit that I purposely chose an extreme example to illustrate it.

The entire show was great, by the way. Two hour Thursday with Patrice=happiness. And I love to hear the three of you lose your shit over the Kid Nation podcast.