Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   623: A KATG Outing (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/623-katg-outing-8527/)

Keith 11-22-2007 03:36 AM

623: A KATG Outing

"I will not be on the show, and I will not discuss any of that."

gumby013 11-22-2007 08:10 AM

Spooky's "F-Word" count for show #623 - 5

He was either off his game, or sober.

paul_r 11-22-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumby013 (Post 303427)
Spooky's "F-Word" count for show #623 - 5

He was either off his game, or sober.

Is he still claim SITC is coming back. :)

thepetek 11-22-2007 10:19 AM

Caught a bit of the show live and then read the comments today before listening. So I went into the show knowing either someone else showed up, or Mark was gay. And yet still, when Keith said, "Someone in this room is gay." I thought, "Broke up with Dee, baking, was supposed to take dance classes, show title is a takeoff of a tv show beloved by women and gays...so that's what Spooky's next learning experience is gonna be."

MaltaFan 11-22-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepetek (Post 303472)
...so that's what Spooky's next learning experience is gonna be."

Looking at a mirror jurking to himself!!!!!!

DaHonay 11-22-2007 12:36 PM

6 Degrees

So I'm listening to the clip at the end of the show... from Chemda & Mike's aftershow. Mike starts talking about having a crush on Scott Erickson of the Minnesota Twins. And I about died!!!

My sister dated Scott Erickson all though high school (she lived in Cali/me in Texas). She was madly in love with him. I spent summers in Cali with them and had the best time! He was the sweetest nicest guy... I know the crush feeling Mike's gay love confesses.

My sister and Scott broke up as their freshmen year in college started. But they have always staying in contact. Oh... those blue eyes.... :p

gumby013 11-22-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHonay (Post 303528)
So I'm listening to the clip at the end of the show... from Chemda & Mike's aftershow. Mike starts talking about having a crush on Scott Erickson of the Minnesota Twins. And I about died!!!

My sister dated Scott Erickson all though high school (she lived in Cali/me in Texas). She was madly in love with him. I spent summers in Cali with them and had the best time! He was the sweetest nicest guy... I know the crush feeling Mike's gay love confesses.

My sister and Scott broke up as their freshmen year in college started. But they have always staying in contact. Oh... those blue eyes.... :p

He had one sick breaking ball back with the Twins.

MichaelG 11-22-2007 03:23 PM

Dee, 50 bucks if you get Spooki to kiss you.

Keith are breaking out the Gay Card? Is it an Election Year?

UGrabMyDrumstick 11-22-2007 03:27 PM

If we all had people trying to win bets on whether we would make out with members of the opposite sex, the world would be a better place.

gumby013 11-22-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceboy (Post 303611)
I had to re-read that a couple of times, I thought you were talking about yourself there.

My remaining ball likes the extra room. It's like when your college dorm-mate gets expelled mid-semester.

anil 11-22-2007 10:56 PM

Haha, finally an episode where we can fully appreciate the full brunt of Spooky's questions. I loved hearing Keith's brother's reactions (or lack thereof) to Spooky's questions.

At one point (forget exactly when) it was as if Spooky would ask a question, knowing how ridiculous it is, and then Mark would answer and I could feel Spooky thinking 'Wtf, he's actually answering this shit??' ... Great show, congrats Mark... fag

MichaelG 11-22-2007 11:09 PM

I like Mark, but I think the homoh gene is in the wrong brother.

Brad 11-23-2007 08:52 AM

I love how Keith and Spooky say "Doing" weed.

that is all.

phooey 11-23-2007 11:07 AM

ok, as I listen to the show, I wonder... did Keith invite Spooky over just so he could grill his brother?

wait.. Of Course he did... !

Nice job, excellent show!

Happy Thanksgiving day weekend... it's now time to go to KATG/Store to buy Christmas/holiday/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah, presents/

bonkrood 11-23-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sajizzle (Post 303758)
This episode was the very best of KATG: shocking, hilarious, awkwardly heartwarming, and more genuinely honest than any other form of entertainment out there. Definitely an instant spot in my top ten favorite shows.

I concur. I was at work all night so that allowed me to listen twice and re-giggle.

My favorite line was Chemda, "Are you disgusted that he just called you non-regular people?"

phooey 11-23-2007 01:46 PM

i was thinking... since Keith isn't married to Chemda and they are able to visit Keith's Mom and Dad, I think that Mark should bring home a "friend" and wouldn't it be great for the show if it was Spooky? and heelariaty around the dinner table in Pennsylvania as well.

dubyah 11-23-2007 01:53 PM

Everytime Spooky talked I started to cringe...

The entire second half of the show was hilariously awkward!

Two Finger Andy 11-23-2007 08:31 PM

This is easily in my top five favorite KATG shows. There was a lot of love in the room and it was topped off with a perfect dollop of Spooky to keep you guessing what might be asked next of the unflappable Mark.

And though I'm the inquisitive sort, it's never once crossed my mind to ask a gay man if he owned a dildo.

MichaelG 11-23-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Finger Andy (Post 304116)
This is easily in my top five favorite KATG shows. There was a lot of love in the room and it was topped off with a perfect dollop of Spooky to keep you guessing what might be asked next of the unflappable Mark.

And though I'm the inquisitive sort, it's never once crossed my mind to ask a gay man if he owned a dildo.

Welcome to the forums.

Fuuuuuck Yooou

and do *you* own a dildo?

Two Finger Andy 11-23-2007 10:29 PM

That's weird that it says this is my first post cuz I have posted before. Nonetheless, I appreciate the "Fuuuuuuuuck You!"

And I'm not buying a dildo until Ron Popeil comes up with something special.

MichaelG 11-23-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Finger Andy (Post 304150)
That's weird that it says this is my first post cuz I have posted before. Nonetheless, I appreciate the "Fuuuuuuuuck You!"

Look at your Post count

So you are happy with your finger?

gumby013 11-23-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Finger Andy (Post 304150)

Spray some GLH hair-in-a-can on your fingers...

tga 11-24-2007 02:49 AM

To offer an alternative quote for the show - this made me laugh the most

Keith - "All the letters coming in, anytime I say something homophobic sounding, you wouldn't say this if you had a family member, blah blah blah - all forgiven!"

bullymike 11-24-2007 09:45 AM

also one of my favorites. mark is hilarious, hope he comes back to the show

Trucker Bill 11-24-2007 03:01 PM

This has to be one of the best shows EVER!

Mark need to come back soon. :eek:

ElleJ 11-24-2007 04:47 PM

I'm now convinced that funny runs in the Malley Family.

Thataboy 11-24-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelG (Post 304157)
Look at your Post count

So you are happy with your finger?

No one is happy with a finger.

J.T.Khan 11-26-2007 12:55 PM

Easily one of my favorite episodes! Mark handled Spooky very well. And in this episode I suddenly realized why I like Spooky so much. He usually asks the questions that are brewing somewhere in the curiosity file in your brain. The difference is, there is no safety valve with Spooky so it just comes out! We can just let him shoulder the awkwardness and learn a little something at the same time.

matt2404 11-26-2007 06:07 PM

Yeah that Mark is one of the coolest guests they have ever had on the show.

I really wonder how they're going to top this one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker Bill (Post 304319)
This has to be one of the best shows EVER!

Mark need to come back soon. :eek:

mblaze 11-26-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.T.Khan (Post 305248)
Easily one of my favorite episodes! Mark handled Spooky very well. And in this episode I suddenly realized why I like Spooky so much. He usually asks the questions that are brewing somewhere in the curiosity file in your brain. The difference is, there is no safety valve with Spooky so it just comes out! We can just let him shoulder the awkwardness and learn a little something at the same time.

If you look at yourself in the mirror can you jerk-off? It's not about no-filter, Spooky is seriously an idiot.

spooky 11-27-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_r (Post 303461)
Is he still claim SITC is coming back. :)

nobody is smart enough, not even mblaze
SITC

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElleJ (Post 304412)
I'm now convinced that funny runs in the Malley Family.

you should hear them off air. Mark is funny, but believe it or not, i think he restrained himself for the show, ten times the biting humor, easily!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mblaze (Post 305831)
If you look at yourself in the mirror can you jerk-off? It's not about no-filter, Spooky is seriously an idiot.

with a statement like that, theres zero doubt that you far surpass me in lack of intelligence. prove me wrong.

stjoe 11-27-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooky (Post 305841)
nobody is smart enough, not even mblaze
SITC

No. You're wrong. Nobody cares. Put out a show or don't, but don't make people work for it. They've been faithfully asking for one for long enough... to make them actually have to prove to you that they deserve it shows how egomaniacal you really are.

spooky 11-27-2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stjoe (Post 305843)
No. You're wrong. Nobody cares. Put out a show or don't, but don't make people work for it. They've been faithfully asking for one for long enough... to make them actually have to prove to you that they deserve it shows how egomaniacal you really are.

FACT!

jabberwock 11-27-2007 11:47 AM

that is so fucking weird!

I had no idea that there were statistics that said that thanksgiving is the number one time of year that gay people come out.

Because I just came out to a lot of my family this thanksgiving before I even heard this show...

Wonder why that is, I just felt the urge to tell more strongly this thanksgiving for some reason.

scottperezfox 11-27-2007 12:30 PM

I suspected Mark was gay after looking over my photos from Boston last fall:

http://www.divingtank.com/photos/2006111144.jpg

But he's still awesome, and as a fellow Drexel alum, we're brothers till the end. You know, common struggle and that.

OverTork 11-27-2007 05:44 PM

Why is it so crazy for Spooky to ask if gays can jerk off to themselves but it's funny when a male comedian says if they had boobs they would play with them all day or if they could lick their balls like a dog they would never leave the house? Spooky is obviously not the first to ponder such questions. I heard no judgmental tone in the questions. Mark seemed pretty secure in his sexuality and comfortable discussing it in public so why would a simple yes or no answer not suffice.

I guess I'm socially retarded too.

spooky 11-27-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTork (Post 306310)
Why is it so crazy for Spooky to ask if gays can jerk off to themselves but it's funny when a male comedian says if they had boobs they would play with them all day or if they could lick their balls like a dog they would never leave the house? Spooky is obviously not the first to ponder such questions. I heard no judgmental tone in the questions. Mark seemed pretty secure in his sexuality and comfortable discussing it in public so why would a simple yes or no answer not suffice.

I guess I'm socially retarded too.

its alright, i cultivate the hate, they are mine to entertain myself with.

besides, people are right to not want to ask questions about things. duck and cover, die blissfully ignorant. and defend ignorance like its a religion.

somehow i doubt the 15 year olds from the flyover states are soooo fucking worldly and informed (and if they are, they arent posting in these forums, maybe 5% of the people here arent fucking retards, thats one in twenty to non-math people). most of these asshats come from an uncultured background, and would be just as blown away by its exposure as i was/am.

"oh look, spooky wants to know if you like cock, is your own cock arousing, lol, duh, what a retard, everyone knows everything about gays, thats why they are soooo accepted here in america!"

"oh look, spooky doesnt know jewish culture, what an idiot! seriously! they rank like 11th most popular religion! everyone knows jews are everywhere and make up far far more than .002% of the population of the world, seriously, they are fucking ubiquitous!"

"everyone knows everything, except, apparently, spooky."

"oh spooky"

angelofother 11-27-2007 07:13 PM

Spooky I gotta say from all those of us here in London, you ain't offending any of us

If anything keep it up, makes for great radio

stjoe 11-27-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooky (Post 306352)
its alright, i cultivate the hate, they are mine to entertain myself with.

besides, people are right to not want to ask questions about things. duck and cover, die blissfully ignorant. and defend ignorance like its a religion.

somehow i doubt the 15 year olds from the flyover states are soooo fucking worldly and informed (and if they are, they arent posting in these forums, maybe 5% of the people here arent fucking retards, thats one in twenty to non-math people). most of these asshats come from an uncultured background, and would be just as blown away by its exposure as i was/am.

"oh look, spooky wants to know if you like cock, is your own cock arousing, lol, duh, what a retard, everyone knows everything about gays, thats why they are soooo accepted here in america!"

"oh look, spooky doesnt know jewish culture, what an idiot! seriously! they rank like 11th most popular religion! everyone knows jews are everywhere and make up far far more than .002% of the population of the world, seriously, they are fucking ubiquitous!"

"everyone knows everything, except, apparently, spooky."

"oh spooky"

I prefer to wear my asshat with an ascot. It makes me feel important and sophisticated.

spooky 11-27-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stjoe (Post 306371)
I prefer to wear my asshat with an ascot. It makes me feel important and sophisticated.

touché