Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeinthetoaster View Post
It's not the age difference per se, it's the difference in maturity: there's a big difference in maturity between 13 and 21, but much less between 32 and 40.

Obviously, this isn't set in stone, but still ...

GP.

Also, it has a lot to do with mentality. Mentality and maturity are a bit different. Chemda kinda elluded to this idea on the show but didn't specifically call it out ( I don't think).

There is always the, "Oh but she is so mature for an <some young age> year old" response when talking about girls 16-23ish being with guys 6+ years older then they are. For instance 16 with 22 and 20 with a 40 year old. A 16 year old may be mature but she still doesn't have the mentality of a 20+ year old guy even if they are equal in their maturity. They view the world differently due to their actual experiences in the world. Now a 24 and 30 match up, still 6 years is not so bad but mostly because both have had a sinificant amount of time out of school and or just having life experiences. They can "relate" more easily which is a pretty large part of a "relationship". Same ting with a 20 year old woman and a 40 year old guy. Unless he's the type of guy who never left his mother's basement or moved out of his home this is mentality mismatch as well. At 40, you would expect a man to be established in his career and have moved up a ways in that respect, owned a home, paid bills mabe even get married and divorced. The 20 year old girl is just getting started in life and will not be a mentality match for the older guy. Typically these relationships only "work" if the girl either 1. Didn't have a father figure growing up or 2. Had a father figure that was a little to "involved" with her development (in a creepy quiet your mother is in the other room kinda way). If this isn't the case, the 20 year old is an answer to the 40 year old's "Do I still have it?".

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #42 (permalink)

true, it's really not about age at all.. after living in latin america, I've noticed you can easily be 25 and act like you were 18 when you've lived all your life with your parents. in South Am, girls AND guys often live with their parents until they're engaged to be married.. a sure recipe for a successful relationship.

You should start counting maturity from the point you start paying your own rent and take responsibility of your own life. Now, allow 3-4 years of maturity to be considered grown up.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

aka gumby's a fucking creep.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I think it really should be based on IQ (IQ is supposed to be your "mental age", to which the 1/2 +7 rule should then be applied). Which would make gumby a fucking super creep (I'd estimate his IQ in 140+ range, jane's IQ in 100-120 range).
But your IQ doesn't change much as you age.

Oooooooooh

I see what you did there.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
A creep with a 19 year old pierced girlfriend.

High five!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Why are we picking on Gumby? I thought it was still pick-on-arcatacat day...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
I agree with Jesse Joyce about No Country For Old Men. It was like this great fucking movie that just stopped. If they had a good ending it would have been five stars.
i have to agree about this movie. i mean really, it was this badass story with great acting and everything, but it was like the director said, "aw shit, we're out of funds...cut! that's a wrap people...go the fuck home."
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_chic View Post
i have to agree about this movie. i mean really, it was this badass story with great acting and everything, but it was like the director said, "aw shit, we're out of funds...cut! that's a wrap people...go the fuck home."
FFUUUUUUCKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU! And welcome to the forums!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #49 (permalink)

When I was 18 I fell for this lesbian girl (24) from Russia after making out with her in a music festival. So I travelled across the border to see her in Petrozavodsk for a week. Turns out her ex-girlfriend who she was still madly in love with just happens to come to town from Moscow without any warning. So I'm stuck at her place (obviously, she invited me over) trying to get her attention while all she's thinking how to get the other chick to come over for a pussy feast.. Anyway.. I was really torn apart inside. They really mindraped me that week.

I'm glad I had the chance to share this.

I'm not a funny guy but I've lived a life of perverse comedy.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
Why are we picking on Gumby? I thought it was still pick-on-arcatacat day...
They are just jealous...

Last edited by gumby013; 01-24-2008 at 05:26 AM.