Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #61 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingxyou View Post
I wasn't arguing.
Of course you were.
Main Entry: ar·gue
Pronunciation: \ˈär-(ˌ)gyü\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): ar·gued; ar·gu·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French arguer to reprove, argue & Latin arguere to demonstrate, prove; Anglo-French arguer, from Latin argutare to prate, frequentative of arguere; akin to Hittite arkuwai- to plead, respond
Date: 14th century
intransitive verb
1 : to give reasons for or against something : reason <argue for a new policy>
2 : to contend or disagree in words : dispute <argue about money>
transitive verb
1 : to give evidence of : indicate <the facts argue his innocence>
2 : to consider the pros and cons of : discuss <argue an issue>
3 : to prove or try to prove by giving reasons : maintain <asking for a chance to argue his case>
4 : to persuade by giving reasons : induce <couldn't argue her out of going>
That wasn't what you were doing?

And nice to see you dropped it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingxyou View Post
Now, I’m sure you guys are about to begin bashing me after you read this, so let me just stand up and say I have never actually listened to KATG, nor do I plan to. It’s not anything against you all; it’s just not my thing. I was directed here by a friend who DOES listen to your show, and I wanted to put in my two cents.

I think I saw reference that Mugglecast started it by being petty and whining that KATG was higher than they were on Podcast Alley. I think you have to know the hosts to understand, but Andrew and Co. are teenagers. The way they were talking is just the way they are, and they didn’t mean to insult you. They were just joking around, which is what EVERY episode is MC is like. If you’ve ever been to our forums (mugglecastfan.net/forum), it’s not bothering us that you all are bashing us. Hell, you’ve practically had whole episodes bashing us. That’s who YOU are, what this podcast is. And it doesn’t bother us.

There is at least one well known person on the MC Fan Forums, and they’re also a KATG listener. They’ll remain nameless but I’m sure it’s not hard to guess. Anyway, they asked on of the hosts “If I send you a clip from Keith and the Girl responding to what you said about them on episode 129 (all three of their shows being in the Top 5 on PodcastAlley), would you promise not to say anything bad about it on the show? Though I don't want a podwar to start over who gets to be the most popular podcast, because you guys are more mature than that.”

You have called Mugglecast immature for complaining about ratings. Is Mugglecast letting this get to them? No, we’re not sitting around all down bashing KATG. In passing, there has been joking on the show about KATG, but Mugglecast has even made fun of Harry Potter at some points, and they’re a Harry Potter podcast. That’s the type of stuff the podcast does, just like yours sits around and has “the intent to destroy and make people cry.” I’m not saying Mugglecast is totally innocent for everything, but just let it go, guys. The podcasts are two completely different types of shows, and I agree with sme_chan, they are just podcasts, no matter how pathetic our lives are that they mean this much to us. /Rant
I don't think you know what you're talking about to be honest.

And if Keith ever let anything "get to him" I think his head would explode.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil View Post
And if Keith ever let anything "get to him" I think his head would explode.
Have you ever listened to the show? Are you kidding me? Everything seems to get to Keith for some period of time, which is why he goes on all those hilarious rants [and why there was that huge bitch fest with Nick Starr, who insulted Chemda, awhile back]. So maybe we should look at who thinks they know what their talking about.

Eats Paste - not everyone likes to swear you know, so calm the fuck. It just so happens that most of us that do have congregated here. You can have a perfectly valid rant without swearing. I'm sure if you had a rant to your mother or you're fiancé's mum, and swore constantly, she'd clip you around the ears (unless of course, she's like my mother ...).

Last edited by sme_chan; 02-08-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sme_chan View Post
Have you ever listened to the show? Are you kidding me? Everything seems to get to Keith for some period of time, which is why he goes on all those hilarious rants [and why there was that huge bitch fest with Nick Starr, who insulted Chemda, awhile back]. So maybe we should look at who thinks they know what their talking about.

Eats Paste - not everyone likes to swear you know, so calm the fuck. It just so happens that most of us that do have congregated here. You can have a perfectly valid rant without swearing. I'm sure if you had a rant to your mother or you're fiancé's mum, and swore constantly, she'd clip you around the ears (unless of course, she's like my mother ...).
I never get the feeling that anything actually affects Keith the way he portrays it on the show. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's actually the one that points out how fucked up people are because they care too much and make big deals out of nothing... I think you need to read between the (loud and profane) lines; nothing is brought up without a point to prove, however once its proven... well, that's the end of it.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:52 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil View Post
I never get the feeling that anything actually affects Keith the way he portrays it on the show. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's actually the one that points out how fucked up people are because they care too much and make big deals out of nothing... I think you need to read between the (loud and profane) lines; nothing is brought up without a point to prove, however once its proven... well, that's the end of it.
Ok, you have a point. Yes, now that I think about it, you are right. Keith definately goes more crazy on the show for the entertainment value.

But what about the robots?

Last edited by sme_chan; 02-09-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sme_chan View Post
Ok, you have a point. Yes, now that I think about it, you are right. Keith definately goes more crazy on the show for the entertainment value.

But what about the robots?
Sorry, my expertise only lies within the grasps of realistic humanoid issues.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #67 (permalink)

Jesus Christ I can't believe I didn't catch this the first time around! I went to school with this kid, Andrew, from Mugglecast! Kid is a fucking smarmy smug shit eating bitch ha ha. Oh wells just was listening to back episodes and kinda freaked out.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Kid is a fucking smarmy smug shit eating bitch ha ha.
Amazing.

I used to listen to that podcast. Everytime they said fuck and forgot to bleep it, they'd get around 40-50 e-mails the day after saying "My daughter listens to this show and I've never...!" or "Hey guys, you dropped the f-bomb and forgot to bleep it! Just saying!"

It was so fucking (oh yes) annoying! If one of the hosts were doing a half imitation of someone, a texan, canadian or a british person - everything went crazy.

So damn annoying...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #69 (permalink)

"SmallCasts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayepants View Post
Funny... every time Mugglecast bashes KATG, there are suddenly a bunch of new KATG listeners who realize that Mugglecast actually blows, because who wants to listen to a bunch of children whining?

I don't care about your goddamn pickles, Mugglecast! Or whatever the hell you talk about these days, I haven't been able to stand listening in over a year.
Controversy/mentions/exposure helps all news media. Why are you confused?
Look at what Madonna did. Are you the median age group here? 15 Years Old?