Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

I can't wait to listen to this tomorrow at work. I was checking the all episodes section and saw tool! I love tool! They are fucking amazing live!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

TOOL KICKS SO MUCH ASS!
I saw them at Nassau Coliseum in 2006. It was my first TOOL show and it was nothing short of life altering. I also saw them in Baltimore in 2007. Tickets weren't too hard to get. AEnima is my favorite song, if I had to choose. Then hooker with a penis or maybe pushit or maybe 46 and 2. sigh.. i can't choose.

and mcNally I think I have a harmless-you're-a-cutie-i'm-in-a-relationship-crush on you. must be the canadian thing. Keep on keepin on.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

I never liked Tool. I gave them a try a couple of times and they never worked for me. I seem to be in the minority here and on the internet in general on that, though, so I'll go along with it.

On a semi-related note, I don't think only old music (or movies, or books, or anything, really) is good, but we only remember the good stuff. There is a bunch of good music out there today but it is being outshined by shit like Umbrella. There was shit like Umbrella out when The Beatles or Bob Dylan were around, too, we just forgot about them while the greats live on.

I take pictures of things.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabobbin View Post
and mcNally I think I have a harmless-you're-a-cutie-i'm-in-a-relationship-crush on you. must be the canadian thing. Keep on keepin on.
Well, that's not a lot to work with, but... okay.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabobbin View Post
TOOL KICKS SO MUCH ASS!
I saw them at Nassau Coliseum in 2006. It was my first TOOL show and it was nothing short of life altering. I also saw them in Baltimore in 2007. Tickets weren't too hard to get. AEnima is my favorite song, if I had to choose. Then hooker with a penis or maybe pushit or maybe 46 and 2. sigh.. i can't choose.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yooooooooooooooooooou

Welcome to the forums.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Regarding Andy Rooney, Larry King, et al: Whenever I hear one of these old guys like Andy Rooney, I always like to search out a bio to find out what they've done to get them where they are. People like Fred Rogers, Tom Poston, and Bobby Ash ("The Uncle Bobby Show") have impressed me with their resumes when I've done a little research.
Thinking about Rooney, I did a quick check on Wikipedia, and found the following:

"According to CBS News's biography of him, "Rooney wrote his first television essay, a longer-length precursor of the type he does on 60 Minutes, in 1964, “An Essay on Doors.” From 1962 to 1968, he collaborated with the late CBS News Correspondent Harry Reasoner —Rooney writing and producing, Reasoner narrating — on such notable CBS News specials as “An Essay on Bridges” (1965), “An Essay on Hotels” (1966), “An Essay on Women” (1967), and “The Strange Case of the English Language” (1968). “An Essay on War” (1971) won Rooney his third Writers Guild Award. In 1968, he wrote two CBS News specials in the series “Of Black America,” and his script for “Black History: Lost, Stolen, or Strayed” won him his first Emmy." "

So he started with an essay on doors, branching off into such fascinating topics as bridges, hotels, women and the English language, then writing a couple of specials on the "black" problem. Conclusion: Rooney was always boring.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Webster needs to add a new word to its list...

"Armagidden" - formerly known as "Armageddon"

Both Keet and Chemda said it that way.

EDIT: Dang... I wish I was on cam for when Keet was doing the he-she soldier voice.

Last edited by Aurora; 02-11-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: I was rolling due to Keet's gay voice...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I think the old-stuff-is-the-only-stuff people are the same as the people who write in saying they were offended by something. Just as the offended parties have something personal at stake that makes autism or whatever offensive to them but not everything else said on the show, the people who come out swinging for a politician or Frankenstein have some knowledge of and/or connection to the thing and so feel personally affronted.

That said, there's at least a little more to Frankenstein than a dumb monster running around. And there were plenty of books in 1818.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Webster needs to add a new word to its list...

"Armagidden" - formerly known as "Armageddon"

Both Keet and Chemda said it that way.

EDIT: Dang... I wish I was on cam for when Keet was doing the he-she soldier voice.
MY GOD - I am so glad I wasn't the only person who thought that. I was listening to Aenima the other day and I couldn't help but hearing their voices in my head. "Armagidden... Armagidden"

DAMN YOU KATG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I think the old-stuff-is-the-only-stuff people are the same as the people who write in saying they were offended by something. Just as the offended parties have something personal at stake that makes autism or whatever offensive to them but not everything else said on the show, the people who come out swinging for a politician or Frankenstein have some knowledge of and/or connection to the thing and so feel personally affronted.

That said, there's at least a little more to Frankenstein than a dumb monster running around. And there were plenty of books in 1818.
But dude who was talking HADN'T EVEN READ IT.

"That's brilliant, it was brilliant... oh, but I've never read it."

I haven't read a lot of books, how many do I think are brilliant? Yeah uh, none. I'm sure a lot are great stories, but until I read them, I'm not going to be a blind follower and just say "Wow, if they all think it's brilliant - heck, I don't need to read/see it - I'm sure it's just aces!"
Old 02-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
But dude who was talking HADN'T EVEN READ IT.
Well, sure, but neither has Keith. So I mean, that whole conversation ought to get deleted from history.