Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
Ah no no no. Nobody gets to fuck themselves on here.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yooooooooooooooooooou

My bad, and thanks
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #32 (permalink)

Just listened to the show.

Strange when i first meet keith and chemda, i was shy too. But instead of grabbing balls i shut up and waited for chemda to start talking about sex or the show.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid_liquid View Post
i shut up and waited for chemda to start talking about sex
That doesn't take long, eh?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #34 (permalink)

http://www.songmeanings.net

I always go to this site to figure out what songs mean.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #35 (permalink)

Seriously Tool make some cool tunes, if not for the pretentous as fuck losers in the band. Seeing them live is an excercise of watching all of them barely move on stage, the lead singer sing to a video screen behind the drum kit, and none of them make even a small attempt to engage the audience. Biggest disappointment ever - don't waste your money.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #36 (permalink)

Tool/First Post

Heh heh heh.. I knew the forums would be jumping after hearing this episode today at work... Been a member for a while, but it's intimidating joining a group of such tightly knit people... then deciding something clever to introduce yourself with...wait a sec! Should I grab figurative balls?!?
Fuck it.. had to chime in sometime, and an episode of my hands down favorite podcast discussing one of my all time favorite bands seemed to be it. As someone mentioned a few pages back, the excitement over the lyrics/music gave me this dopey grin on my face at work, when an otherwise mundane Monday morning was unfolding for everyone else. Immediately after I switched the iPod over to Ænima and as always lost myself in it. People do find things at different times, no doubt Keith was right on that... I just figured out 2 years ago how awesome Massive Attack is...
(not that this added much to the discussion, but I'm tired of being quiet)
Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #37 (permalink)

It seems that saying you're a Tool fan makes you a pretentious fuck too. Any time I mention that I like Tool I'm accused of being an over-analytical jagoff who listens to their albums while watching Alice in Wonderland to see if they match up. Even though I rate their singer as one of my all time favorites, I don't usually know what he's on about and I don't care. It more about the musicality to me than the message in the majority of music I listen to.

I agree that compared to other live bands Tool may be a bit boring in that they're not dancing around, throwing the horns up and yelling, "Scream for me Chicago!". But when I listen to their music I can't envision that sort of behavior going along with the music. I've seen them live twice (one at their own concert and once at the Big Day Out festival) and, as a big fan, it was incredible. The singer isn't front and center of the stage which throws some people but after hearing them say that its so the audience doesn't place all their focus on one member - I can see why they do it. They have video screens that play images and movies (many done by the guitarist) that tie into the music, a killer light show (with lasers - cheesy? Maybe) and the two times I saw them they sounded awesome. It must take a lot of concentration and focus to sound as good as they do on their CDs. Just watching the drummer for the whole concert is worth the price of admission. For their style of music, I'll trade them moving around on stage and saying, "You guys are the greatest!" for the show they do put on.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:17 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Othan View Post
Heh heh heh.. I knew the forums would be jumping after hearing this episode today at work...

... but I'm tired of being quiet)
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooooou and welcome!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:29 AM   #39 (permalink)

BrianWard's Post

-Agreed. Saw them twice as well. Once for Ænima and recently for 10,000 days. Sadly, some (EMPHASIS ON "SOME") Tool fans are pretentious fucks who will quickly dismiss anything that doesn't fall into their "brilliant and deep" category of listening. I love NIN and Radiohead as well in my "deep" category but will by all means listen to the genius that is Beck and take his mostly nonsense lyrics for what they are. I dunno... some Tool fans are rather elitist. Fuck 'em. Flush 'em down... And flush those fucks who think all Tool fans are like that. (All this anger... and I just started on here?!?)

-Thanks for the Fuuuuuuuck Yoooooou btw... really
Old 02-12-2008, 05:09 AM   #40 (permalink)

(Blowing into the breathaliser) "And that just reset my highscore."

Had me cracking up for the longest time today. Maximum lulz.