Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

667: Bugger!

"I really think he meant I sell my daughter on the street."

guest Keith Farnan: www.myspace.com/IrishComedian

Last Comic Standing letter from www.myspace.com/JeffMacKinnon
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think more Hugh Jackman rather than Hugh Grant. Breaking into the showtuney thing at the end too.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Meh - from a political standpoint, I understand why Hillary Clinton complained. Politicians running for office need to garner an air of presidential respectability, and being compared to a pimp is the exact opposite of that. Had this not been an election year, I don't think anyone would've complained. Plus, her complaint also got her some free press and discussion (what politician doesn't love that). I had to laugh when the reporter said he didn't mean to be pejorative with the word, because he obviously did.

Also, you have to realize that the popular media in America is essentially a bitchocracy: whoever complains gets their way. Corporations will always apologize whenever people complain (example: Don Imus), and they'll "do the right thing" (aka kowtow) by suspending people if they think it will make the public happy. The media is just plain spineless and will tell people whatever they want to hear. Corporations care about one thing: money, and if they think apologizing will get them more money than not apologizing, they'll do what it takes - usually erring on the side of excessively apologizing. Besides, an apology doesn't cost any money.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Keith is right about the Guinness fag spoon.

http://www.guinnesswebstore.com/prod...ar&T1=GUI+2123
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Also, I wasn't sure which Hugh Keith Farnan looked like...

Keith Farnan

Hugh Laurie

Hugh Grant

Hugh Jackman (not British)
Old 02-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Crap, I'm not seeing the show in the feed.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith Farnan was really good, have him on again! It's great to hear an Irish guy's humour, it's a lot like the British stuff (which I love, of course). I was surprised K+C didn't laught more at his jokes, I thought he was really funny!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrit View Post
Also, you have to realize that the popular media in America is essentially a bitchocracy: whoever complains gets their way. Corporations will always apologize whenever people complain (example: Don Imus), and they'll "do the right thing" (aka kowtow) by suspending people if they think it will make the public happy. The media is just plain spineless and will tell people whatever they want to hear. Corporations care about one thing: money, and if they think apologizing will get them more money than not apologizing, they'll do what it takes - usually erring on the side of excessively apologizing. Besides, an apology doesn't cost any money.
Exactly.

And my point would be this: how can you blame Hillary for the fact that the media (MSNBC) reacted so spinelessly? It is her *job* as a politician to look for any advantages that she can get in a campaign like this, especially when fortune has turned against her to the extent that she is now basically running against the political equivalent of the iPod at the height of its popularity. She put the bait out there and they took it. Gasp! Shame on her!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdougan View Post
It's great to hear an Irish guy's humour, it's a lot like the British stuff (which I love, of course).
Ouch, you just lost your invitation to the next Guiness tasting.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

I love the Irish accent. I had to learn an Irish accent for 2 different plays I was in and I loved it. It was so fun learning. I played a child in both shows, so it was not supposed to be as developed... but I love listening to it.

These were the shows:

The Rope Dancers
By The Bog Of Cats

Last edited by Aurora; 02-13-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: The shows I did. People were guessing... and guessing wrong.