Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-14-2008, 04:31 AM   #51 (permalink)

Aces

Keith Farnan was aces. Hope to see him on more in the future.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:14 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
he calls me a midget too and I'm 5.5. he's just a giant. that's what they do.
I'm gonna get my lanky 6'6 friends to shove keith around! ::mad face::

Hey, at least I can pronounce what I drink.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #53 (permalink)

Thumbs up

agreed farnon was great.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #54 (permalink)

I liked how Keith Farnon got uncomfortable when Chemda started the sailor talk.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #55 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germuhknee View Post
...my point would be this: how can you blame Hillary for the fact that the media (MSNBC) reacted so spinelessly? It is her *job* as a politician to look for any advantages that she can get in a campaign like this, especially when fortune has turned against her to the extent that she is now basically running against the political equivalent of the iPod at the height of its popularity. She put the bait out there and they took it. Gasp! Shame on her!
I agree. Not only that, but people *would* complain about anyone speaking about their daughter in that way, especially as Hillary is representing women in general, and people have certain expectations. Otherwise she wouldn't get any votes. I'm from Canada, and I find this hatred towards Hillary pretty suspicious. I like Obama too, but he speaks like he watched tapes of Martin Luther King repeatedly until he could get his speech-writers to imitate that exact same emotional response, and then said them to the public. He is inspirational, for sure, but take it with a grain of salt. I'm not sure who I would vote for if I lived in the U.S.A., but I have to say, I was leaning more towards Obama precisely until I kept hearing more and more people saying the most pettiest things about Hillary, making me question how the thought process works over there. Grapist, your point about saying that Canadians have no opinion or say in this election may be true, but whatever occurs in the U.S.A. effects most other countries around the world, especially us. At least I can say that I did not elect Bush.

Also, that "literally, dreadfully, sorry" thing bothered me too. It's so horrible and embarrassing to have to say something like that. Just a note though, it's not that he meant "literally dreadful". I'm guessing there was a comma in there, so it's actually that he meant: literally AND dreadfully sorry. So it makes sense, but it sounds very awkward.

Last edited by thirteen; 02-14-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
I liked how Keith Farnon got uncomfortable when Chemda started the sailor talk.
I had a Scottish roommate a few years back and whenever I swore, or burped he used to say "A lady doesn't do that back home." Really? When women are born in the UK do they get a cork surgically implant in their asshole and their "burp part" removed?
I fucking hate "a lady does this, a lady does that" shit. (angry face)
Old 02-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Also, that "literally, dreadfully, sorry" thing bothered me too. It's so horrible and embarrassing to have to say something like that. Just a note though, it's not that he meant "literally dreadful". I'm guessing there was a comma in there, so it's actually that he meant: literally AND dreadfully sorry. So it makes sense, but it sounds very awkward.
No, I think he meant they were literally dreadfully sorry. To be literally sorry and dreadfully sorry makes less sense than being literally dreadfully sorry. Which isn't wrong (he's literally full of dread that anyone can lose their job for saying something innocuous and he's probably sorry about that), it's just that two adverbs back to back almost always sounds horribly awkwardly bad.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
While you two still bring the funnies, you are the type of ignorant people who shouldn't be allowed to vote in America. Did you honestly bring up papparazzi as an issue Hillary should work on instead of defending her own daughter? What do you really know about the work Hillary has done as a public servant? Or Obama for that matter? McCain? Before you hit the polls in November, maybe you should pick up a newspaper, the part with real news in it. And for goodness sake, quit throwing out the fifth-grader "first amendment" defense.
If everyone who didn't know what you know couldn't vote, these wouldn't be the candidates we'd have to choose from. Which might be nice, but is pretty unrealistic. Especially if you're saying it's going to involve reading. You're lucky we made it through those two paragraphs.

Point is, this is the system. The system she's supposedly so good at manipulating. Yet, this could easily wind up being the equivalent of Dukakis in the tank or Dean's screaming. And regardless of how unjust that may be, she knows it has that potential. Which makes it dumb and/or reactionary for her to have done it. Neither of which, in the eyes of those who would theoretically want a Clinton in the White House, will be a change from what we've got in there right now.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
No, I think he meant they were literally dreadfully sorry. To be literally sorry and dreadfully sorry makes less sense than being literally dreadfully sorry. Which isn't wrong (he's literally full of dread that anyone can lose their job for saying something innocuous and he's probably sorry about that), it's just that two adverbs back to back almost always sounds horribly awkwardly bad.
Being 'literally sorry' sounds fucked up too. So all the other times you really weren't sorry?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #60 (permalink)

MSNBC? Reputable news source?

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!