Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
dayofthehippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LA ... UKnow
Posts: 79
does bugger actually refer to "anal"?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DJQuad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanknapper View Post
Crap, I'm not seeing the show in the feed.
It's still hosed.

...and deleting posts that report problems is not nice. Instead of taking the time to delete the posts, take the to fix the feed.

Last edited by DJQuad; 02-13-2008 at 01:06 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
germuhknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Hillary has once again shown that she cannot make a logical, reasonable decision without letting her emotions get in her way. Thus more strongly reinforcing my utter disdain for her as a politician.
You had me till the end ...

First, what is this "logical, reasonable decision" that was blocked by her emotions? From the point of view of trying to win a literally, dreadfully fierce political campaign, it is perfectly logical to make noise and try to get yourself air time -- especially when your opponent is having it (air time) spoon-fed to him because he is the flavor of the day.

Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be implying that emotions should be off-limits for politicians. But emotions are driving the whole process! For example, Obama is stoking the fires of emotion. Hope! Change! Obama's whole campaign is based on emotions.

And yet, to be taken seriously, Hillary must behave like a robot? Ironically, her social conservative opponents would probably take the opposite tack: Hillary, that cold-hearted, emotionless bitch ... the woman who'd rather be a man, who isn't all pink and warm and fuzzy like a good woman should be.

Sheesh, talk about your rock and your hard place.
__________________
After your audience gave me the pictures of the whales, it really ruined it for me in my mind. Like, I can't tell it anymore because I seen a whale penis. -Deuce Deuce
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SkeleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 172
KATG's hatred of Hillary is so irrational that it's pushed me into defending her and throwing my support behind her.

Not that any of it matters because I'm north of the boarder.

There's plenty of other weird things that are going on politicians why are you taking the easy way out and focusing on the easiest target? The media is spoon feeding you ignorant things to say about her. Come on, try a different target this is just low blow humor.

Should the guy have been suspended? No.

Great Commentary in the New York Times on how ridiculous the sensation of Hillary Hating has became.http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...hillary&st=nyt
__________________
Side Pony Mafia
There's a fine line between derby and dirty. I like to straddle it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer
 
starscream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 965
Congratulations on finding the Irish Robin Williams. He even did a "so-an-so is spinning in his grave going..." joke. Amazing.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by germuhknee View Post
You had me till the end ...

First, what is this "logical, reasonable decision" that was blocked by her emotions? From the point of view of trying to win a literally, dreadfully fierce political campaign, it is perfectly logical to make noise and try to get yourself air time -- especially when your opponent is having it (air time) spoon-fed to him because he is the flavor of the day.
The "correct" way to handle it is to accept the fact that you are in the public eye and that you will come across both positive and negative feedback about you and your family members who may put themselves in the public eye to support you. Whining about it and taking offense to it is bad enough, but to expect "apropriate action" to be taken is an example of her reacting badly to her emotions. Their positions publicly allow for things like this to be said about them. Even if he would have meant the comment in a negative way, too damn bad, she needs to put her personal feelings aside and not react in the way she did. It goes back to the saying, "I might not agree or even like what you have said, but I will defend your right to say it". That is, or at least was the saying that encompasses the idea of free speech and press. No, she was wrong in what she did, but MSNBC was even more wrong for catering to her request.

As far as Obama having air time "spoon fed" to him, that isn't an accurate depiction of the political system here. If one candidate speaks in a public venue or has a public audience to talk about their platform all other candidates are able to have the same air time, audience etc to talk about theirs. It's a concept called "equal time". Hillary gets just as much air/media time as Obama does. Well at least here she does.


Quote:


Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be implying that emotions should be off-limits for politicians. But emotions are driving the whole process! For example, Obama is stoking the fires of emotion. Hope! Change! Obama's whole campaign is based on emotions.
You are wrong, I never implied that. She made the statement herself, "I am a mother first and a candidate second". That line of reasoning is wrong here. She chose to pursue this candidacy and with her claims of "experience over her opponents" should have known and have been prepared to deal with these types of situations more professionally. Hell this guy didn't even attack her negatively, I can't wait to see what happens when the mudslinging starts.
Quote:

And yet, to be taken seriously, Hillary must behave like a robot? Ironically, her social conservative opponents would probably take the opposite tack: Hillary, that cold-hearted, emotionless bitch ... the woman who'd rather be a man, who isn't all pink and warm and fuzzy like a good woman should be.

Sheesh, talk about your rock and your hard place.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhian
I don't know what I just put in my mouth but it's delicious.


(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggety View Post
Also "bugger" is the least irish phrase you could say, it is an english phrase like "tophole", "pip-pip", "oh my I'm a faggot!" and "exuberance!".


That was the point... He was making fun of Hugh Grant... since they said he looked like him.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeleGirl View Post
KATG's hatred of Hillary is so irrational that it's pushed me into defending her and throwing my support behind her.

So you would base your support for a candidate on KaTG's hatred of them? You wouldn't support a candidate because you believed in their politics? But you would instead allow the opinions and views of others to influence who you support?

And you call the hatred of Hillary Clinton by KaTG irrational?

Thank GOD you are north of the border. Tanks for not being eligible to vote here.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 11,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeleGirl View Post
KATG's hatred of Hillary is so irrational that it's pushed me into defending her and throwing my support behind her.

Not that any of it matters because I'm north of the boarder.

There's plenty of other weird things that are going on politicians why are you taking the easy way out and focusing on the easiest target?
Why pick on the easiest target? Because it's the most disgusting. Obama's the iPod now? We have to root for the underdog? It's too easy if we like what other people seem to like? We like him better for a reason.

Tell me the disgusting things Obama's doing. Let me know how McCain's getting people fired for criticizing him. Preferably in .mp3 form please.

It's her job to fire someone if that's what it takes to get attention? Disgusting.

And yes I'm lumping you and germuhknee together. Both you women appall me.

Black Power!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SkeleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 172
Oh Grapist

Thank GOD I know you're just an asshole from prior exchanges and I don't have to take you seriously.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm doing, being like "KATG are SOOOO mean. I'm going to profess my love for Hillary to make her feel better!!! "

Because I'm definitely not intelligent enough to have a thought process that goes something like "This is starting to sound ridiculous, and is essentially hate mongering. I've been torn between Obama and Hillary (not that any of this actually matters - I totally get that. But since the coverage is inescapable in Canada and that we have a vested interest in what happens it's good to stay informed) based almost entirely on the media, and never really took the time to think about what they're representing. However, the media is appealing towards a popular public slant so blatantly outrageous that even I find myself wanting to defend Hillary. Maybe I should look into this a little further and make an informed decision."

Because you know, thinking is hard and stuff and tings. And I'm a girl.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
So you would base your support for a candidate on KaTG's hatred of them? You wouldn't support a candidate because you believed in their politics? But you would instead allow the opinions and views of others to influence who you support?

And you call the hatred of Hillary Clinton by KaTG irrational?

Thank GOD you are north of the border. Tanks for not being eligible to vote here.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger