Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosaka View Post
I then finally met her at the register where she had 3 packs of AAA's.
She's a robit!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

From http://www.herpes.com/

The picture on this page:

Don't they look happy?

Quote:
Oral herpes, an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus, is estimated to be present in 50 to 80 percent of the American adult population. 20 percent, over 50 million people, are infected with genital herpes, also caused by the herpes simplex virus, and the majority of these cases may be unaware they even have it. Studies show that more than 500,000 Americans are diagnosed with genital herpes each year, and the largest increase is occurring in young teens.

There is no cure for herpes to date. Supporting your immune system should be your first goal. A weakened immune system is more prone to outbreaks. Efforts to develop a herpes vaccine by biotechnology companies are ongoing. Until an effective herpes vaccine or cure for HSV infection is found, the prevailing approach to treatment continues to be suppressive antiviral therapy. Links, on this page, go to products and services which can help you cope with herpes in your life.
So, 50-80% have oral herpes. 20% have genital herpes. Big difference between the two? I'd say so.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
So, 50-80% have oral herpes. 20% have genital herpes. Big difference between the two? I'd say so.
Do you know that oral herpies doesn't mean you only get sores on your mouth?

Anyway Brian, which one do you have?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Which one do you have?
Both, of course!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyminerva View Post
My daughter has Asperger's and it's not like herpies. Here's a short little list of signs and symptoms:

*Engaging in one-sided, long-winded conversations, without noticing if the listener is listening or trying to change the subject
*Displaying unusual nonverbal communication, such as lack of eye contact, few facial expressions, or awkward body postures and gestures
*Showing an intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects, such as baseball statistics, train schedules, weather or snakes
*Appearing not to understand, empathize with, or be sensitive to others' feelings
*Having a hard time "reading" other people or understanding humor
*Speaking in a voice that is monotonous, rigid or unusually fast
*Moving clumsily, with poor coordination
*Having an odd posture or a rigid gait

You silly silly people To say my 10 year old has something like herpies! that cracks me up! so wrong!
I don't know... that doesn't sound right, I'll check what Chemda has to say, she's the expert on Asperger's. She saw it on TV.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyminerva View Post
My daughter has Asperger's and it's not like herpies. Here's a short little list of signs and symptoms:

*Engaging in one-sided, long-winded conversations, without noticing if the listener is listening or trying to change the subject
*Displaying unusual nonverbal communication, such as lack of eye contact, few facial expressions, or awkward body postures and gestures
*Showing an intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects, such as baseball statistics, train schedules, weather or snakes
*Appearing not to understand, empathize with, or be sensitive to others' feelings
*Having a hard time "reading" other people or understanding humor
*Speaking in a voice that is monotonous, rigid or unusually fast
*Moving clumsily, with poor coordination
*Having an odd posture or a rigid gait

You silly silly people To say my 10 year old has something like herpies! that cracks me up! so wrong!
Good I 'm glad someone posted this. Typically Dina's advice is on the money bt this was ridiculous. Being honest with someone you want to date does not mean divulging every single bit of seen or unseen information about yourself over the first date.

The CORRECT advice for Robotparker is to not worry about it until she asks about something you do or a quirk you may exhibit that may be a result of the Asperger's then explain to her what it is from and move on. By this time you have known each other enough to where it can become a confortable topic of conversation. It will never be a confortable conversation (for the other person on the first date).

Old 02-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

thanks for readin' my letter. I said somewhere else on the forum that I'd be stoked to be made fun of on the show and sure enough I was!

I think keith has the right idea. I've spent so long observing and emulating other people and developing strategies on my own that it's almost not even a big deal anymore. I might even come off to some as "extra normal" even though I guess that's a bit of an oxymoron. but when most people hear things like, "high-functioning autism" they probably imagine some retarded dude playing beautiful piano music with his drawers full of shit (which is in no way conducive to my goal of laying more pipe than mario brothers). so for that reason, I kept it a secret from virtually everyone I knew until about 2-3 years ago when I felt secure enough to tell people. and to this day I don't bother telling employers or my university even though I guess wikipedia says math is harder for me. I figure I'll never be a totally normal dude if people have to keep making concessions for me.

and as for me lookin' retarded, well, it probably doesn't help that I wear this sweet Dora The Explorer safety helmet every time I go out:

Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

the difference between oral and anal herpes... taste

it depends on the strain of the herp. the simplex if you will.

I had to read the pamphlet, in a word

Gross.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotparker View Post
so for that reason, I kept it a secret from virtually everyone I knew until about 2-3 years ago when I felt secure enough to tell people. and to this day I don't bother telling employers or my university even
Why did you ask the question then? Seems you answered it yourself. If you don't tell people immediately, and they can't tell immediately, why would you discuss it on a first date? A first date is the same as meeting someone for the first time.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

you infected people are fooling yourselves that its ok and if someone likes or cares about you they should be willing to look past your lifelong highly contagious infection and put themselves at risk.

yea, i see how that makes sense