Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-13-2008, 07:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I never had anyone wake me up that way but one of my biggest pet peeves is when people feel the need to touch my upper arm to drive home a point. There is a specific way that it has to be done to annoy me, like lingering just a moment too long, applying a little too much pressure. It creeps me the fuck out! A coworker does it to me all the time and I want to punch him in the face every time he does it. I always pull away and have an aggravated look on my face whenever he does it, but he doesn't take the hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt7 View Post
Did anyone else's parents wake them up by rubbing their arms? My mum did for awhile. I had to talk to her about it, it was just so weird. I had to tell her that I'd rather her yelling at me. I can still feel her waking me up like that, too. It was so creepy...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
I like Jesse, but his delivery seems a bit more I don't know..... Like "Hey I'm a professional comic, here is a joke, wakka wakka".
Is that a result of being a comic for so long, or do you think that's just how he talks? I remember being surprised in that KATGTV episode because he wasn't making a joke but he was still talking like that.

Anyway, they may not have the same delivery, but it seems like it's clear they are around each other a lot and have influenced each other's speech patterns. Dan as much as admits that, I guess, in saying he's being constantly corrected.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Is that a result of being a comic for so long, or do you think that's just how he talks? I remember being surprised in that KATGTV episode because he wasn't making a joke but he was still talking like that.

Anyway, they may not have the same delivery, but it seems like it's clear they are around each other a lot and have influenced each other's speech patterns. Dan as much as admits that, I guess, in saying he's being constantly corrected.
I think it might be a result from being a comic so long.... But I hope not.... I don't want Keith to sound like that some day... Or any of the other comics that seem to have a more natural delivery.... So hopefully it's just his Jesse way of talking that has been influenced by being a comic for so long.... Out of all the comics that have come on the show, he makes the most point of being a "professional" comic....

As for the corrections, that's one of the reasons I want them on the show together!! I want to see what their dynamic with a bit of Keith and Chemda sprinkled in will cook up... Will it be all funnies, or will somebody end up going off on the other one.... Will they play nice, or try to out funny each other?

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

Waaaaaa, Keith, Waaaaaaaa.
You had such a traumatic upbringing--what with your dad waking you up all gently and stuff.

That's way creepier than how my girlfriend's dad would wake her up by sneaking to her bed in the middle of the night and fingering her when she was 10. But, yeah, poor Keith.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

Waaaaaa, douche's girlfriend, Waaaaaaaa.
You had such a traumatic upbringing--what with your dad waking you up with fingering and stuff.

No one gives a fuck about your gay girlfriend. So be nice.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Part of the reason our Adult Age is 25.
Point in Case:
I'm a loser that lives with the parentals. 24 years old, college degree, but instead of using my degree, I ended up doing childcare for a neighbor of my parents. It won't be until June that I find a new job, location, and life free of their "what is best" for me bullshit. It will be like when I went away for college, had my own place, paid bills and bought groceries/gas, but without that control my parents maintained over me as they were the ones paying my tuition and textbook fees. In August, I will be 25. And, voila! 25 is going to be my Adult Age. Quite an equation, but it works in most cases. And if all else fails, you can still be an adult if you end up living with your brother, right?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

Fuck you mcnally.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
I totally agree!! He is in my top 3 of the non regular guests (crazy mike, jesse joyce & Dan). Emily Epstein was also very good (would love to hear her on the show again), but please bring Dan back.... Very funny and smart and was keeping up nicely with Keith and Chemda. Would love for him and Jesse Joyce to be on a show together.
agree totally

well except for the JJ part -- for some reason - I do not like him. Well, I do know the reason - he comes off very pompous.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3101 View Post
I really think Dan was one of the better comedian guests. He actually seemed that he knew what he was getting himself into and every statement wasn't a joke. Great show.
Dan was interesting, but he was so full of shit it. One minute he is from Texas, than from a small town in NY, than he is from Florida and so on.....
I guess as a comedian he has to invent a lot of life episodes to come up with interesting stories.
It is funny that no matter what the topic, Chemda makes it about her. She needs to invent some life stories, because her sheltered JAP life and clown job experience, are just getting old and boring. The funniest line - "I bought this house from my father". Did she - or did daddy set her up?
This show was good and I hope Dan is a regular. Much more interesting than some of the other comedians.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #30 (permalink)

I was re-listening to 686: that one percent and I had to have a laugh about the way everyone mispronounces her name... Kemda, hemda, cemda.

When I was working at at one of the news agencies based here in the UK, the boss of our department was a man with the name of Heinie Fuehrer.

No one who worked there had a problem with his name, but one day, a man from higher up in the company came to praise our department for the good work, an American.

And he could not say Heinie's first name... although he did try... he said Heinrick, Hendricks, Henry, Harvey... anything but Heinie..

Everyone working in the office, except me, was either British, German or French, I was the lonely American.

It puzzled the office so much that I had to explain, even to Heinie, why this man couldn't say his name... that in the US, since WW1, Heinie was a derogatory term used for the butt, and I had read that it was a term invented and spread by the US government during the war, much like Freedom Fries during the Iraq War.

Oh how we laughed afterwards. Sometimes people can't say a name, because it bothers them.