Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #21 (permalink)

In McNally's defense.....it takes a bit of time to learn how to deal with social settings, tipping and be generous. When I was first getting into the bar scene I was very spend-thrift...and wouldn't buy drinks (for myself or for others)...or tip well. And then I had an epiphany and I realized that being generous would have rewards for me....in making others happy, feeling good about being generous and giving, and repeating the good karma of it from the generosity of others in return.

Don't be too hard on McNally for not getting this. You can't just learn that kinda stuff overnight. Plus if you just do it cause someone tells you too...it isn't the same as figuring it out and doing it on your own. Which I think is a very valuable as a life lesson.

Given that both Brolo and Keith have been in the service industry and have gregarious personalities they have a very different perspective on generosity and tipping (like all servers they tip in the >20% range I'd guess, cause they know what it means to the server). But McNally (and me too) don't have the same awareness. I'm sure McNally never got tipped at the XXX Vid shop....at least never monitarily...jiz mopping perhaps...

And he may have taken your comments (which were gooded nature ribbing/and comedy fodder....but fremember, rom the "crazy angry faced" Keith, and also on a very personal and prideful issue).

I hope McNally relaxes and doesn't allow his pride to take this too seriously. It was just comedy....and someone else's perspective. Certainly there will be follow-up ribbing on this. But it's not worth it too take it seriously. This is a valuable friendship for both of you (in terms of fun, and projects).

Being inflexible and prideful about this will mean that all his documentary work will be shot/and no cruise....all the time and energy and fun he reaps from friendships with KATG are worth sucking this one up for.

Admittedly, this could have been dealt with a lot more tactfully then coming out on a show....but I can completely understand that Keith takes in all experiences with the objective of using it as material on the show....

However, it might have been better to speak to McNally personnaly and help/guide him...then crucify him on the podcast...

I forgive Keith...and McNally...

Now come back to the sandbox and have fun....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #22 (permalink)

I'm almost certain Keith was just fucking around. Mainly because he wasn't angry and mentioned it for less than a minute. Now compare that to the angry rant he had for Soccer Girl for not giving him a tape, I'm quite sure he'd breathe fire if McNally really split and the documentary wasn't going to get done.

Edit: Meant documentary, not DVD.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

I know what you are saying kiki2006 but I went to New York for a five day holiday when I was a student with my class, and we knew how to tip it is in all the guide books. However I think McNally is big enough a man not to have a problem with a bit of fun at his expense.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #24 (permalink)

/just saw the "All Episode" pics of the 2 kids attempting to rob the police station.

/holds back racist remarks.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Whoa... what happened to the sound at 36:40?
Oh wow! That is strange I just got to that part. It's like the output mode got switched by accident.

/acting as if he knows what he's talking about
Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Oh wow! That is strange I just got to that part. It's like the output mode got switched by accident.

/acting as if he knows what he's talking about
It's the new tricked out amp with four quads per channel.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
It's the new tricked out amp with four quads per channel.
/cowers from lack of knowledge.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora
Whoa... what happened to the sound at 36:40?
in listening to the live feed last night, a bit into the show, they took an intermission. in coming back, keith started back in on the show & after he'd already gone on a bit, he realized he'd forgottten to start recording. so i may be mistaken, but i believe the little chunk that sounds differently is someone else's recording of that part of the show.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Just to add new news about the Spitzer whore...

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/19/ashley...l-or-jailbait/

TMZ has learned that Ashley "Spitzer-Girl" Dupre may have been underage when she was filmed nekkid on the "Girls Gone Wild" bus. Her lawyer, Don Buchwald, tells TMZ Ashley's birthday was April 30, 1985, and the footage was shot between March 13 and March 20, 2003, making her 17.

But "Girls Gone Wild" chieftain Joe Francis says even if she was 17, Florida and Federal law -- and Joe knows a thing or two about that -- permits her to be filmed in any state of undress ... as long as she consents and there is no "sexual contact." (And there was none, Joe says.)
Old 03-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe View Post
Just to add new news about the Spitzer whore...

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/19/ashley...l-or-jailbait/

TMZ has learned that Ashley "Spitzer-Girl" Dupre may have been underage when she was filmed nekkid on the "Girls Gone Wild" bus. Her lawyer, Don Buchwald, tells TMZ Ashley's birthday was April 30, 1985, and the footage was shot between March 13 and March 20, 2003, making her 17.

But "Girls Gone Wild" chieftain Joe Francis says even if she was 17, Florida and Federal law -- and Joe knows a thing or two about that -- permits her to be filmed in any state of undress ... as long as she consents and there is no "sexual contact." (And there was none, Joe says.)
If she wasn't a hooooer, I'd feel more guilty about trying to hunt down the fucking video.

Since she is, I'm going to find it. And I will promptly post it here.

As for McNally - fuck him. He defected from Canada to NYC, he lost all ties of sympathy then.

One less person I need to deal with come the 15th - SHRUG.