Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

693: Holidays for Everyone

"I have heart. I got the broomstick now."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELej21D_cgw
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kat

Yeah, coming back from the deathbed is some bullshit.

I thought I had made peace with my father's side of the family. Hadn't seen or spoken to any of them in at least 10 years. Then I get a call from my mother saying my father's dad is in the hospital and isn't going to make it through the night. I was 5 months pregnant at the time (they didn't even know I was married), so imagine his surprise when I show up. There's my father's brother (who scared the shit out of me because he looks exactly like I last remember my father) and my grandfather. The cunt who calls herself my grandmother had left to get a coffee or some shit.

I'm bawling, whispering in my grandfather's ear that I've always loved him and wish things could have been different. Then I leave before the cunt and her spawn come back.

Three days later I get a call that he's back at home and going to be alright.

Fuck that. I've said my goodbyes. They're all dead to me now.

Last edited by Kat; 03-21-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

You know what? If you guys want to take a day off, then fine, go for it. I in fact encourage you to do so when you feel you need it. However, don't act like there's a a reason you're taking off. I work a bullshit office job and we basically only close on federal holidays (though I do work in DC and good amount of our business is dependent on on the Federal Government), unless it's completely retarded to be open like this year when Christmas and New Year's were on Tuesdays so being open on Monday was really just a waste of time.

While there's a slight chance I might get to go home early today depending on how busy we are, I'm still working today and Monday. Which is stupid because we're celebrating when Jesus died then came back to life. Come to think of it, this is way more important than Christmas and I should have a fucking day off. I was born, it wasn't that hard for me, but there's no way when I die that I'm coming back a few days later. Hell even if I could I wouldn't, I'd probably enjoy the resting and alone time too much to ever come back.

My bad, I guess I thought things out while writing. Enjoy the day off, but still it's not like you work some assed out job like the rest. Though that clowning shit you did sounds like hell so I guess you get a few more years to be "regular" working people. Then I'll tell you to shut the fuck up, but til then Happy Easter.

PS-I once gave my atheist/formerly muslim(til she moved to america and realized that was alls ome bullshit) gf some Jesus to try. She thought it was gross, I think it's gross, God's a fuckin asshole for making his son taste so disgusting.

Last edited by King of Assholes; 03-21-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Here's a good video explaining why the amuptee phantom pain thing works: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/184

Also, it's just a great video on how our brains work.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
You know what? If you guys want to take a day off, then fine, go for it. I in fact encourage you to do so when you feel you need it. However, don't act like there's a a reason you're taking off. I work a bullshit office job bla bla fuckin' bla...

I'm still working today and Monday. Which is stupid because we're celebrating when Jesus died then came back to life. Come to think of it, this is way more important than Christmas and I should have a fucking day off. Bla bla bla...
So if YOU had the day off, which you should, it would be fine that I had the day off. But since you don't, who are we to possibly deserve one?

Get a job that respects you, and quit crying to me. I'm not the one that short-changed your life.

It's Jesus' death-day, there's less downloads on these days, and yes, I do deserve it, quite frankly.

In the meantime, send me a list of your days off so we can coordinate our days off better.

I won't get your list right away though, cause right now I'm on vacation.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamS View Post
Here's a good video explaining why the amuptee phantom pain thing works: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/184

Also, it's just a great video on how our brains work.
That was a badass lecture, thanks for sharing it.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The phantom pains are briefly discussed in Psych 101, I thought Chemda took that.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I work a bullshit office job
End of story. You sound like a waste of carbon.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

thumbs up on the video from me as well.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

God almighty.

There's not a show.

We should run to the hills, we should take our first borns and offer them up to the higher powers, burn a bush, etc., etc.

Why anyone would EXPECT to have a show on a "holiday" stat or otherwise, needs a head checkup. This type of inane bullshit happens all the time on podcasts.

First, no matter what you say - they're FREE. We're lucky we hear anything at all.

Second, other than the "holidays" I don't think I've seen Keith or Chemda taking off any time unless they're on their deathbed. They do a show FIVE DAYS A WEEK. No 15 minute shows padded with 15 minutes of calls 3 times a week, no hour long shows a few times a week and over-hyped live shows.

Five days a week.

Respect or stfu and gtfo.

Have a good whatever day. I'm off to pee on a cross.