Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

While I do find it amusing that an atheist and a VERY non-practicing Jew are taking off Good Friday (WTF is good about it?) but I have no problem with it. There is no other podcast that delivers as much bang for the buck as KATG, and some of my other favorites (like Common Sense) come out once every 8 or 9 days! Holy shit, Keet and Chemda, take as many days off as you need to play "pin jesus on the cross"! Just keep the good stuff coming.....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Floyd View Post
While I do find it amusing that an atheist and a VERY non-practicing Jew are taking off Good Friday (WTF is good about it?) but I have no problem with it. There is no other podcast that delivers as much bang for the buck as KATG, and some of my other favorites (like Common Sense) come out once every 8 or 9 days! Holy shit, Keet and Chemda, take as many days off as you need to play "pin jesus on the cross"! Just keep the good stuff coming.....
Keith never said he was an Athiest, he said he was Agnostic.. Chemda said she was an Athiest... anyways....

I appreciate the time off... I had family in town and would have missed the live show on Friday night, and I hate missing live shows, especially on Friday Night.

just makes next friday even better.

I do think that it is funny that anyone would ever get upset that Keith or Chemda need a day off for whatever reason, I think there are days where we all struggle through our job, even thought we don't want to be there, but I can't imagine how it is when maybe Keith or Chemda feel like shit or just don't really feel like talking and still get up and do the show, they are totally dedicated and deserve to take a day or two off.. even a week off for spring break or spring cleaning ( Ihave the paltalk and see the piles, piling up in teh background)

Hope you guys had a great weekend!

oh, and while I am here commenting, I do have something to say... it came up in this show... Chemda mentioned that maybe all the people saying make peace with Keet's father have lost someone and maybe that they will understand when they do lose someone close... I think that is true, I have lost more than my fair share of close family members... a sister, my grand parents an Aunt, and 2 cousins...all long before their time and when it happens to you... things do change a little bit, but I never wanted to be preachy to anyone, but the bitter and angry feelings that you may have now, seem sort of small after someone is gone. Here is what I know.. especially about Keith's father... If he didn't care about Keith if he didn't love him, he would not be upset about anything, he wouldn't even write Keith a letter.. in his own freaky way, Keith's father is trying to say to Keith that he does love him...

oh fuck me, I know that I will get flamed for that.. but I still say.. Keith.. write back.. and maybe we'll find out that you did call on Easter, not out of guilt but because you know.. your mom and your dad, may be weird, but deep down they care for you ... oh fuck me... shit I get all emotional.

hell, my father threw things at me at the easter dinner table, he smacked me around, thought it was funny to hold me under water until I thought I was going to die..would wrestle with me and stick his thumb under my arm so that it hit a nerve that hurt like hell but made you laugh anyway..he would never go to a football game that I played and when he did, told me that I did'n't deserve to go to .. mcdonalds becuase I played so bad... my father was abusive, not just making me dig holes.. but somehow I found a way to forgive him and realized that over time, he changed... and we talk on a regular basis now... while keith's dad may never forgive keith, it would be good for keith to forgive his dad... the strange thing is.. my father also made me go to church, made me go to caticism, but now, stays far away from church

oh shit.. I should just delete this post.. it's too effing long and too preachy

but I won't... I am going to hit submit...
Old 03-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
So if YOU had the day off, which you should, it would be fine that I had the day off. But since you don't, who are we to possibly deserve one?

Get a job that respects you, and quit crying to me. I'm not the one that short-changed your life.

It's Jesus' death-day, there's less downloads on these days, and yes, I do deserve it, quite frankly.

In the meantime, send me a list of your days off so we can coordinate our days off better.

I won't get your list right away though, cause right now I'm on vacation.
I chose to relax on the weekend, I should have that list for ya tonight.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
First, no matter what you say - they're FREE. We're lucky we hear anything at all.
amen brother... the whining is fairly obnoxious
Old 03-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

Requesting extra stitching for an episiotomy is not a joke and is done on request. My friend told me over the weekend that her friend requested it and it was the "best decision she ever made".
Old 03-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

I love that when talking about the Real World awards show, patrice said "Flavorite". So many definitions jumped in my head.