Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
if you where their parent, would you not feel guilty
I'm not sure... never been involved with child birth. Is it like waking up with a massive hangover and stressing about what you might (or might not) have said the night before?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petri dish View Post
I'm not sure... never been involved with child birth. Is it like waking up with a massive hangover and stressing about what you might (or might not) have said the night before?
The closest I have got so far was my baby brother, and I was chilling elsewhere for that... I just think that I'd feel guilty if I had a kid and it turned out to be socially retarded. Not knowing what was said the night before is good fun!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I haven't listened back to this episode yet, but if it seems like I'm being unfairly critical of Chemda, you're absolutely right and I apologize. I let myself fall into a weird pattern of isolation out here in New York, and I feel like I've been slowly going wild. I swear that I haven't always been this weird and insensitive, but Chemda and I are working it out and the re-domestication process has begun. I'm confident that I'll soon learn how to be a civil and relatively normal human being. And if it fails, I can always live out my days in the Canadian wilderness. Casually insulting the moose and beaver and such.

As I was listening to the show, I realized how mcnally is feeling... i used to have a girlfriend that was from Colombia, and most of her friends spoke several languages including spanish and when we all got together, they would speak spanish(even thought all of them also spoke english) leaving me out in the cold, clueless as to what was going on.. they felt like it was up to me to learn spanish if I wanted to know what was going on. But, whenever one of her spanish speaking only friends was around, like when we visited Colombia, I tried very hard to speak spanish or at least to stop to have her translate what I was saying.

I know it's not really the same, but I get the feeling, that is how you feel McNally...when chemda and rellek are together, they have their own secret code laughing language, and of course, just about everyone there knows everyone better than you do... so, sometimes everyone else seems to be speaking in s another language and it's hard to join in. you may think that it is rude, but it's not, it just takes some time to learn spanish
Old 03-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petri dish View Post
McNally and Spooky are such social retards.

If I were their parents, I'd distance myself from them. They wouldn't be welcome in my house.

(ps. Rellek needs to shut the fuck up... "blah blah blah"... sheesh)
Wow they're right. It really does take one to know one.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

Thumbs down

@Uncast: (different topic)

Mate, you totally butchered 69!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #36 (permalink)

I was the one who called in : D

Arg the sound of my voice burns I was so scared to call in. >_<

Signs and symptoms of asperger's SHOULD be diagnosis by 2 months to one years old at the oldest, anyone who says just found out "I'm different I'm such a snowflake I got the aspies" at 40 is lieing. But if you did have these signs when you were a child and all threw adulthood you may have it but who cares you did good but it's always nice to know.

p.s. That mom with the autism kid is retarded and a bad parent. You could do more as a parent and shut your face you're making asperger's/auitsm look stupid we can take care of our own.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #37 (permalink)

(I just read this thing back, and I'm suddenly not so sure I'm reading the situation correctly at all. So take it with a... larger grain of salt than you would normally, I guess. Do salt grains come in different sizes?)

I get the same way as McNally sometimes, as far as feeling left out with people that obviously like me and getting weirdly insecure about it. I think HiddenSecret absolutely nailed it with the crush comments. It's almost always about some weird sort of infatuation (not necessarily sexual) that feels unreciprocated or uneven.

I most identified with the "I have come to terms with the fact that we will not be good friends" line. I said that, verbatim, probably more than once, and it was a lie every single time. at least partially. really liking the person is a prerequisite for even being insecure about all of this, and thus acting weird. If you're actually okay with not being good friends, then you wouldn't give a fuck about weather or not you're left out of the conversation or not. Also, people that are actually over stuff rarely feel the need to state that fact out loud. They come to terms, and they're over it. I think it's more about control.

I'm pretty sure everything will turn out fine, though, since you all seem to like each other and get where the other person is coming from.

Ah, and great show (What can I say? I enjoy the sappiness every once in a while. and also the uncomfortable awkward honesty thing. That's also fun)

Last edited by Bokonon; 03-30-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #38 (permalink)

I was to drunk to hit record or remeber exactly what was said...

anyone have the audio from the after show?
Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #39 (permalink)

Talking assbergerssssssss

Hey did that assbergers quiz url work? I NEED TO KNOW.
Am i an asshole or not?

Maybe we theres no such thing as an asshole, except for Max. Maybe we ALL have assbergers.

Hey All You Asperger's syndrome sufferers Come And Listen to US
It's the Keith and The Girl SHOW!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully_04 View Post
anyone have the audio from the after show?

I was to drunk to hit record or remeber exactly what was said...
You may be shocked to learn that we are friends now. No take-backs!