Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-02-2008, 02:05 AM   #71 (permalink)

You know how you made a post saying that you didn't want McNally to be reminiscent of Vancouverites?

Yeah - Go fuck an outlet. I hope no one judges all Vancouverites on you.

Please - not all people from Vancouver are ginormous douchefucks like catPee.

Okay - so a LOT are, but I'm not, nor are those who carry any importance. And that's all that matters at this point and time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catPee View Post
hmmm...

McNally sucking up to Chemda. ( why? you don't have to get along with everyone? If she bugs you, fuck it.)

Other dude ( the fat sounding guy ) with fake loud laugh sucking up to KATG...dude, I hope you're not counting on some kinda career coming out of this with all the ass kissing. "Keith is so this and that..." truly gayin the unicorn way.

everyone copying eachother's lame mannerisms... "wow..WOW...wow" , "hmm hurr hee hurr hmph..." , " HMMMMM!!!" , " wha happeh? " etc. Isn't that some kinda sign of retardation?

gaylords

show was funny when you guys were assholes being clowns, not lame friendship counselors to hangers on who think they're going to be sidekicks on a sitcom in 10 years.

( see, that shit's funny )

CATPEE
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:02 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I am the only one so far who's gotten the "You share both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits" message, or did I miss somebody?
I got that too. I think it's a social anxiety thing, for instance I answered that I like meeting new people (which is true) but elsewhere said I sometimes felt uncomfortable in social situations. Social anxiety showed up second on my list after OCD (I got 126 for that, which wasn't a surprise) but I suspect it throws the aspie stuff somehow...
Old 04-02-2008, 06:40 AM   #73 (permalink)

OK, I finally broke down and took the test; here's my result. Anyone care to diagnose me on this?
Dominic Aspie Quiz.JPG

Way, way too much time on my hands on a Wednesday morning.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #74 (permalink)

Looks like my brain is only slightly broken.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #75 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I can totally relate to Keith about floors. That's why I just wear slippers and socks so I don't have to deal with the dirt and diseases. Keith should just get some slippers.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #76 (permalink)

Wow, my result was a bit surprising.
Wonder what that means?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poly12b.jpg (56.6 KB, 144 views)
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #77 (permalink)

I wonder what an all Aspie prom would be like?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
hmmm...
Agree or disagree, this is the only interesting post in this entire thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
It is called "memes". I learned about it on Quirks and Quarks.
I wouldn't call what he's stating a meme, rather - there's a word here that escapes me - something akin to an adaptation of manarisms.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
I would call it a meme.
And I should know. After all, I am the expert.
Isn't a meme, though, a repetition of a concept, phase, or idea that is socialized but not done so intentionally but because the idea falls into the zeitgeist? Kind of like a way of explaining internet synchronicity: You and I email each other the same link on the same date (having seen it on different sources) because we both find it amusing.

The link/idea/object then grows on and on, not intentionally but because the spirit of the time makes us all find it equally amusing. The "William Hung/She Bangs" phemomina we saw here in the U.S. a few years ago.

But as with many concepts, they pervert and now we have psudo-memes, ("April 20th", for example) where ideas are spread for the implied coolness the propagator assigns to them. They come around and around, not true memes, but rather rediscovered to those who wern't previously innitiated. High School and early College students are most susceptible to this.

The aspegers thing I see in this thread isn't a meme, but rather people sharing a common interest. A synchronistic meme would be more like you hearing Keith mention the aspegers test when that very morning beforehand you stumbled on the link, and at the same time you receive an email from a freind mentioning it. The concept/idea. Kind of like a bang! Everyone's talking about it at once.

A regular meme would be one spread not simultaneously but adopted/shared casually and not intentionally.

'Here - look at this!" and we all click on the link isn't a meme. We all are receiving the link from the same source at the same time. Rather, an example of a meme would be when I refer to a link, and you take it and refer to it elsewhere and soon everyone within a week happens to be looking at the same site. The site becomes a meme.

What I read CATPEE to refer to was picking up mannerisms.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #80 (permalink)

CatPee writes:
Quote:
...everyone copying eachother's lame mannerisms... "wow..WOW...wow" , "hmm hurr hee hurr hmph..." , " HMMMMM!!!" , " wha happeh? " etc. Isn't that some kinda sign of retardation?
The adaptation mannerisms, not the repetition of a concept. Borrowing from the wiki link you provided:
A meme (pronounced /miːm or mɛm/) consists of any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity. Memes propagate themselves and can move through a "culture" in a manner similar to the behavior of a virus.
key to the definition is "unit of cultural information" - not behavioral trait.

Were CatPee to have written, "Matt, McNally just said the same thing. Can't you guys come up with something new to say?" - that could be taken to referring to meme-like behavior.

N'es pas?