Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateComcast View Post
does anyone know why KATG is listed on MEVIO?
I think it's because they are sneaky pieces of shit bastards. Ok, not sneaky, because we all know they are "stealing" the KATG podcast. But, the rest is true.

Did you listen to the episode? It's podshow, reconfigured.

Last edited by kattywhompas; 04-28-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: additional comment
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

I am asian and I want to apologize. Please don't catergorize all asians down to his level.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

I really have to disagree with all that talk about how C-sections are so awesome and cool. They only sound good because it seems so painless and effortless, when in fact C-sections are incredibly dangerous, biologically stressful and for the most part unnecessary.

All my knowledge of this subject comes from a great documentary I saw: The Business of Being Born http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995061/

Of course I wouldn't know jack shit about birthing no babies, but from what I gather, child birthing is not meant to be painful. Having women lay on their backs, immobile and being pumped full of drugs makes things painful and complicated. Using a trained midwife to deliver a baby in your own home makes things less stressful. In the documentary they show several real home births of women delivering in bathtubs or kiddie pools in their living rooms, and if you only were listening to the audio, you'd only suspect the woman of having bad gas or constipation. Not a single scream out of them, just some low moaning.

C-sections can also fuck up the mother. It is mentioned in the documentary that when a pregnant monkey is C-sectioned, the mother will abandon the child once she awakens. This is because during birth, incredible amounts of hormones are flowing through the female and triggers all motherly instincts. Human females go through the same process, but obviously not to the degree of abandonment (though I'm sure it has happened... dumpster babies, anyone?).

I wouldn't ever want my future wife to have a C-section. Also after seeing that documentary, I also wouldn't want my future wife to even deliver in a hospital (they give plenty of reasons that hospitals are a bad place for delivery). Midwife and homebirth, all the way.

Last edited by Astigos; 04-28-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

I enjoyed this episode greatly. And loved the HUAR part at the very end.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
I really have to disagree with all that talk about how C-sections are so awesome and cool. They only sound good because it seems so painless and effortless, when in fact C-sections are incredibly dangerous, biologically stressful and for the most part unnecessary.

All my knowledge of this subject comes from a great documentary I saw: The Business of Being Born http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995061/

Of course I wouldn't know jack shit about birthing no babies, but from what I gather, child birthing is not meant to be painful. Having women lay on their backs, immobile and being pumped full of drugs makes things painful and complicated. Using a trained midwife to deliver a baby in your own home makes things less stressful. In the documentary they show several real home births of women delivering in bathtubs or kiddie pools in their living rooms, and if you only were listening to the audio, you'd only suspect the woman of having bad gas or constipation. Not a single scream out of them, just some low moaning.

C-sections can also fuck up the mother. It is mentioned in the documentary that when a pregnant monkey is C-sectioned, the mother will abandon the child once she awakens. This is because during birth, incredible amounts of hormones are flowing through the female and triggers all motherly instincts. Human females go through the same process, but obviously not to the degree of abandonment (though I'm sure it has happened... dumpster babies, anyone?).

I wouldn't ever want my future wife to have a C-section. Also after seeing that documentary, I also wouldn't want my future wife to even deliver in a hospital (they give plenty of reasons that hospitals are a bad place for delivery). Midwife and homebirth, all the way.
Yeah, but the vajayjay remains un-babied and all stretched out, and in the end, isn't that what it's all about?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #26 (permalink)

Recovering Best Buy/Geek Squad Employee
5 Months sober
I apologize on behalf of anyone who's ever been even associated with Best Buy.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

I despise being unable to sleep, rather than feeling as if I'll never sleep again I get bombarded by an endless stream of suicidal thoughts. It can become overwhelming at times, the most effective action I've found for myself is to exhaust myself physically. Luckily my weak white nerd physique ensures exhaustion takes about a minute of push ups.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatter View Post
I despise being unable to sleep, rather than feeling as if I'll never sleep again I get bombarded by an endless stream of suicidal thoughts. It can become overwhelming at times, the most effective action I've found for myself is to exhaust myself physically. Luckily my weak white nerd physique ensures exhaustion takes about a minute of push ups.
A doctor would tell you not to rile up your system before going to bed. Primitively speaking, you're triggering your fight or flight system, and in either case, sleeping would be an extremely low priority so your body won't allow you to do it.

You wouldn't exactly feel sleepy if you were being chased by a large cat of some kind now would you?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:06 AM   #29 (permalink)

I'm still stuck on the idea of McNally as Canada's greatest superhero, Consistent Body Heat Man.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 AM   #30 (permalink)

I'm not kidding about that in the slightest. I remember being about 7 years old and just obsessing over the idea of being able to put on a t-shirt and walk to school in the middle of winter.

Memoirs of an Invisible Man taught us that invisibility is all fucked up. Shotguns taught us that flying is gonna get you killed. Consistent temperature, that's the real power.