Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 05-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3173 View Post
I am a big Iron Man fan. I have a copy one of the original comics that deal with Stark's alcoholism, and that was almost not approved by the Comic's code. I think that the movie was awesome. But that the ending did fall a little flat. Besides in the comics didn't Stark keep the Iron Man as a Stark's bodyguard cover story for a while?

Congrats, Chemda on the bike ting. Keep on truckin, BURBURRRR.
yes the ironman as body guard was kept for a long time along with the fact that it was a robot not a guy in a suite that leads to several other storylines of him getting attacked because people wanted the robotic technology. also the black guys suite is suppose to become the war machine or if you follow ultimate ironman the blackguy helped build the suite after the fact when he was a kid.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I liked Iron Man. It's probably my favourite comic book film after X-Men and Batman Begins. I went in not knowing anything about the comic book, story, and not having high expectations.

The items Keith noted did not bother me, except how Tony Stark didn't make another heart mechanism for backup. I loved Stark's personality (which was obviously infused with Downey's own personality).

What did bother me, however, was the cheesiness, particularly during the final fight scene. I do also agree that some of the technology could've been explained, but then the film would be 10 hours long. There is some expectation that a large part of the audience will be comic book fans, are those people are more likely to know about the history of the character.

Overall, the film is much better compared to most of the other comic book films out there.

Last edited by thirteen; 05-06-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
My new favorite hobby is fact-checking MattB to see how much of his information is incorrect.

For the record, the Wachowski Brother never had a sex change. It was a rumor. Wikipedia, ya'll.

My new favorite hobby is fact-checking MattB to see how much of his information is incorrect.

The Verrazano narrows is the longest not second longest suspension bridge in the US, 60ft longer than the golden gate bridge...no wikipedia ya'll...my brother informed me...

and if you want to correct everyone you hear even if you dont like them...then you may have a personal problem..well if you revel in it anyway..

.if you jsut want to get closer to the truth then more power to you...we should all not be too proud to be wrong..i'm not...
Old 05-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshnobobo2.0 View Post
FUCK Matt B is a terrible guest, every time he is on i have to debate with myself whether or not i want to listen. he has such a holier then thow attitude and i HATE how he just repeats what the last person said 2 or 3 different ways and ties to take credit for some deep thought, and seriously whether the movie was good or not, you shouldn't tear into it so much until you see it.
I tuned in live a little, then just walked away. Then on my commute I turned it off 16mins in. This is the first show in a long time that I just have no desire to listen to.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
My new favorite hobby is fact-checking
[...]
Wikipedia, ya'll.

I LOVED the Iron Man film, they got his character exactly right and it looked great.

As for explaining everything 'like The Matrix' - I remember that line explaining the machines using humans as batteries, it went something like '...combined with a form of fusion, they had all the power they'd ever need'.
That's like saying 'this elastic band, combined with a form of jet engine, gave the plane all the propulsion it would ever need'. Did I hate the movie for that? Of course not.

It's not their job to explain everything so it makes sense in the real world and can be done in real life, their job is to establish thier own coherent universe, which Iron Man did.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post

It's not their job to explain everything so it makes sense in the real world and can be done in real life, their job is to establish thier own coherent universe, which Iron Man did.

exactly!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshnobobo2.0 View Post
FUCK Matt B is a terrible guest, every time he is on i have to debate with myself whether or not i want to listen. he has such a holier then thow attitude and i HATE how he just repeats what the last person said 2 or 3 different ways and ties to take credit for some deep thought, and seriously whether the movie was good or not, you shouldn't tear into it so much until you see it.
FUCK hoshnobobo2.0 he is a terrible forums member, every time he posts i have to debate with myself (ps i usually win) as to whether or not i want to read. Actually i think it is funny that you have such a strong reaction and its really mostly inconsequential as to whether or not i enjoy my forums experience. and then i HATE how he as to feel as if he will be taken seriously when he remarks about how you shouldnt judge or comment on something until you see it.

Hows THAT for holier than thou or repeating shit and taking credit...
Old 05-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt B View Post
Hows THAT for holier than thou or repeating shit and taking credit...
Expected?

btw, did you ban me from Livevideo? I was trying to get Bruno to read stupid things out loud, 14 year-old Bruno says "Somebody ban Brad", I GET banned, and Keith seems confused about it. He says, "unban Brad," and it never happens. Wtf.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

oh no, i pulled a clovefield. i forgot to stay after the credits to see the hidden message thing. it reminds me of those cracker jack prizes. get through the whole movie just to see the ending.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious orange View Post
oh no, i pulled a clovefield. i forgot to stay after the credits to see the hidden message thing. it reminds me of those cracker jack prizes. get through the whole movie just to see the ending.
FUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU and welcome to the forums.

SPOILERS for Cloverfield:

Quote:
At the end of the closing credits there is a garbled radio transmission which some say sounds like "Help us!", when played backward it says "It's still alive!"
That's cool.