Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 05-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech007 View Post
O'Reilly clip - Hmm OK OK I'm gonna play devils advocate for a second - ( I have no love that guy or FOX news) I've just been in these situations before. Not saying he should blow up but just putting in some techy details... the floor director counting down is doing this at the producers orders - get the spot or else. Ignore the monkeys tantrums...

Did you see O'Reilly looking at his watch? He was either hurrying out of the building to do something else or about to get ready for LIVE TV show in 5-10 minutes and wanted to prep his material - production crew was probably sitting him down (against his will) to pre-record the ending for the show BECAUSE he can't read script off of (crappy) teleprompters LIVE. He wings a lot of his material - off the top of his head. So his prep is important. In his case the prompter would have bullet points - NOT pre-written script. Notice he said 'I'll write it' - he doesn't like saying other peoples words. I'll bet the text wasn't loaded in prompter fast enough for him - In-Studio TV time is sloooow time - hurry up and wait. Some anchors are good readers but couldn't hold an intelligent interview if they tried.

We've all spotted pre-recorded spots dropped into live TV - they just don't look/sound right. In this case you wouldn't have notice much because it would have been played to air right after the last ads before sign off to next show.

They were so rushed for time and unprepared that no one had explained what the fuck he was doing - I feel sorry for the bastard.

That's the problems with these clips getting out in the wild - out of context they look horrible?

Remember how Brolo used 'Bitch' and 'Motherfucker' to get the Cocoa Puffs ad right? They all knew it could get edited out. Happens all the time for pre-recorded shows. I hear the swearing version of the ad everytime. crack me up.
Tech007, I couldn't disagree more, and your point of view really angers me. So FUCK OFF!! FUCK YOU!! FUCK IT!!!

See? Not nice. No matter how angry someone is, you can't talk to people like that, especially at work. I've worked with lots of celebrities, I've seen lots of them frustrated with shit, or tired, or in a pissy mood. The decent human beings are still nice about shit, the douche bags act like O'Reilly.

I would NEVER let someone talk to me like that, I don't care if they're on TV or not. Nothing he's doing is against his will, I'm sure he was being well paid. There's no context where that's an OK way to talk to someone at work.

And just for shits...Biggest cunt of a celebrity I've ever worked with? Bebe Neuwirth, hands down. Nicest? Judy Gold.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranStagehand View Post
And just for shits...Biggest cunt of a celebrity I've ever worked with? Bebe Neuwirth, hands down. Nicest? Judy Gold.
info@. Why do you need prompted?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
info@. Why do you need prompted?
When did Keith learn how to use quotes? Is somebody using his account?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranStagehand View Post
Tech007, I couldn't disagree more, and your point of view really angers me. So FUCK OFF!! FUCK YOU!! FUCK IT!!!

See? Not nice. No matter how angry someone is, you can't talk to people like that, especially at work. I've worked with lots of celebrities, I've seen lots of them frustrated with shit, or tired, or in a pissy mood. The decent human beings are still nice about shit, the douche bags act like O'Reilly.

I would NEVER let someone talk to me like that, I don't care if they're on TV or not. Nothing he's doing is against his will, I'm sure he was being well paid. There's no context where that's an OK way to talk to someone at work.
OK Ok You and Keet have good points. No one should act like that ever. but they do blow up. And it's caught on tape.

Remember I said I was being Devil's Advocate for a minute. I've had my bad days + seen other people have bad days. In front of 20,000 people. Or nationwide on TV.

Stagehand makes a good point - what makes a real pro is how they handle glitches and problems. Because there will be bumps on the road. The longer I work and the better the gigs I get the more you notice the best acts have the best attitudes and people. On a good day you will work with people you would want to call family - other days you get the worst a**holes on the planet...

And yeah - cough up some stories. Keep it Hot. Keep it MOVING. No brand names, no last names, GO!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

someone has the audio-only version as well

http://www.myspace.com/revolucian
Old 05-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Bill O'Reilly's Producer

A first ever look at the man behind the camera that set off Bill O'Reilly's Inside Edition tirade.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1815979
Old 05-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Great now that there's a t-shirt I'll never stop hearing O'Reilly in my head... FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE....I even keep saying it.

'Hey Anil wanna grab a coffee?'
'FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE...'
'What?'
'Oh nothin.. sure'

http://www.bustedtees.com/welldoitlive
Old 05-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

After listening to this episode, I got a healthy dose of Keith Malley courage, tweaked in part by his eloquent and somewhat intriguing description of fettucini alfredo with seafood.

Last evening I visited a noted Italian eatery down here in Adelaide, Australia (yes, the town where Dad's can apparently fuck their daughters - legally) and I could not resist the opportunity to try this dish.

The young waitress passed around the table dutifully taking the orders and when she got to me I - as confidently as I could - closed the menu and said "I 'd like to order the fettucini alfredo...with seafood"

Honestly, the way she glared at me you'd think I asked her for a plate of used tampons in a bechamel sauce. My girlfriend and the others regarded me with similar looks of suspicion though one or two of them kind nodded and commented, "Hmmph - could be interesting"

The waitress stared down her long nose at me and said, rather condescendingly "Ummm, we don't serve that here", to which I responded, "But you have the ingredients available to prepare it, yes?"

"Well...yeah we do, but...it's not on the menu" (She was actually annoyed now and the others at my table were kinda looking away in embarrassment).

"But it's what I would like to eat Miss"

(Stare down between me and said young, Italian waitress)...

I held out both hands,

"Well, whadda we do now eh?" (Italian accent).

The waitress, literally, carved my order into her notpad with her pen and stormed off.

20 minutes later our orders arrived on the arms of the waitress who professionally - if a little annoyed - place them down in front of us. She place mine down last. I looked up at her, smiled and with wine glass in hand I said...

"Brumski" (Not the correct use of this maxim but I couldn't resist).

And do you know something...

I enjoyed every last morsel of that fucking meal.

I thank you Keith...