Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
I'm new here, started watching since 688.
But is it abnormal that there hasn't been a guest on for 4 episodes?
Does that happen often?
Used to be more frequent in the early days. If you find the episode where Chemda talks about how they 'book' guests, you'll see how a few guestless days could happen.

I think they pull off either format really well, but if you're hankering for a guest, you're in luck tonight.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

First minute of the show:

Jesus, Chemda, get well soon.

and at 14:42 it becomes obvious that while sick, she sympathizes with the robots.

Last edited by thepetek; 05-15-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

On my way to the post office today I walked right by it and stood at the corner waiting for the lights to change before I realized what I was doing. Thanks to KATG I was able to look at my watch thoughtfully and turn around and walk into the post office.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Letters from the Calgary Herald

Ripe for disaster
Calgary Herald
Published: Thursday, May 15, 2008

Swimming with rays in the open ocean is one thing. Allowing these animals to be manhandled in a petting zoo pool with people I would never consider even shaking hands with, is just asking for trouble.

Jake McArthur,

Calgary
Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Humans United Against Rays?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

You'd think we could combine wave-punching and ray eradication SOMEHOW.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Yet another Letter

Reader wonders if lack of respect
led to cownose ray deaths
Christina Ambrock, Calgary
Re: “Zoo baffled by ray deaths,” May 13.

I am deeply saddened by the cownose ray deaths at the Calgary Zoo; however, I am not shocked. My three-year-old daughter and I frequently go to the zoo and take in their exhibit. I am careful to teach her the rules before putting our hands into the water — washing up to our elbows, placing our hands at the bottom of the tank and not touching them, but letting them touch us. Unfortunately, every time we are there, we see children doing everything they are not supposed to while their parents stand by and watch. I am disgusted by the lack of respect for nature. Parents should teach their children to respect these precious animals and ensure they are not abusing them.

Now, instead of being able to enjoy and interact with these beautiful creatures, my daughter and I will have to settle for other animals we can only see.

However, I will continue to teach my daughter to love nature and respect what we have been given.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

The Wrath continues...

Zoo loses another cownose ray
CALGARY HERALD
Another cownose ray has died as the Calgary Zoo tries to discover what is wiping out its ray exhibit.

“We lost another ray Tuesday afternoon, unfortunately,” said zoo spokeswoman Laurie Herron. “The other eight are holding on.” The death toll is now at 35. The zoo is awaiting results from further water testing.

The sudden deaths of the cownose rays since Sunday has forced closure of the aquatic exhibit.

Zookeepers found the first 26 dead on Sunday, just hours after they showed signs of illness. Eight more died Monday morning.

The remaining rays have been moved to a holding tank with oxygenated water, where they are being monitored, according to zoo officials.

There was no mechanical failure in the life-support system, said Cathy Gaviller, the zoo’s director of conservation, research and education.

Numerous water tests are conducted daily since the exhibit opened in February, and readings have been consistently within normal range, she said.

A vet examining the dead rays found severe irritation on their gills, but the rays were otherwise healthy. Tissue samples were sent for analysis.