Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 05-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Ironman Bobby;399270]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
Are you also "Bobby in DC"?

QUOTE]

why yes i am
very interesting
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

splitting the shows

yesterday's shows will be uploaded in three parts: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday shows.

However, we will record Thursday and Friday shows on Wednesday (with Jesse Joyce) and Thursday (with Patrice).

Friday we should be heading out to go camping for Memorial Day Weekend (if we find a camp site that is not full yet).

And Monday we will be taking off for Memorial Day.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
yesterday's shows will be uploaded in three parts: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday shows.

However, we will record Thursday and Friday shows on Wednesday (with Jesse Joyce) and Thursday (with Patrice).

Friday we should be heading out to go camping for Memorial Day Weekend (if we find a camp site that is not full yet).

And Monday we will be taking off for Memorial Day.
While it is great that you are doing an extra show on Wednesday so that you can take Friday off, have you considered posting repeats when you take a day off? You could say on the previous show that you are taking the next day off but show XXX will be repost and then explain why you selected show XXX. I know all the old shows are still available so people can download any show when you take a day off, but if you actually select one I think it may be more interesting and people will get to discuss the same repeat. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
While it is great that you are doing an extra show on Wednesday so that you can take Friday off, have you considered posting repeats when you take a day off? You could say on the previous show that you are taking the next day off but show XXX will be repost and then explain why you selected show XXX. I know all the old shows are still available so people can download any show when you take a day off, but if you actually select one I think it may be more interesting and people will get to discuss the same repeat. Just a suggestion.
What would be the point in that? You can go back to the archives (they're all there) and listen to a back show if you want more. There are ocasionally recap shows put together by bjason, but those are usually only done when they go on a long vacation.

I admit, I was sad too when the show ended early today, but I have to ween myself a bit from my KATG addiction. But, I'm going to be "weening" myself on a bunch of backshows as I drive to Moab, Utah for my memorial day vacation. Wait, I guess I'm still gonna be hooked. Have a good holiday!

-joel
Old 05-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
i think most of us where just surprised that the show ended thats all, the fact that brolo rocks so hard that KATG had to split his show into three so that it would not distroy all our ipods as we tried to listen. shows that Keith and Chemda are really looking out for their listeners. :-P
Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

for the back seat drivers in this thread....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg baby 1.jpeg (22.9 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg baby 2.jpg (27.7 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg baby 3.jpg (32.9 KB, 232 views)
Old 05-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
for the back seat drivers in this thread....
QFT

Do we really have to go through this again, people?! Most shows put out an episode a week at best. KATG give them to you 5 times a week on most weeks. Perhaps take this time to either reflect on the sadness that is your life or perhaps try out some of the listener shows like Uncast or The Scream or find other things to do with your time. Either way, STFU and stop fuckin' crying.

Last edited by Uncast; 05-20-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncast View Post
QFT

Do we really have to go through this again, people?! Most shows put out an episode a week at best. KATG give them to you 5 times a week on most weeks. Perhaps take this time to either reflect on the sadness that is your life or perhaps try out some of the listener shows like Uncast or The Scream or find other things to do with your time. Either way, STFU and stop fuckin' crying.
I agree. I love if they still would give us an original show each day... wait we're still getting that!
So what if they record muliple shows in one day and take a holiday off!
Doing it this way is much more satisfying then missing days.
Come on people, we're listening to the best podcast. They take far less breaks then your favorate TV shows.
Suck it up.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

Ah, but some of us have the live show and now won't have anything to listen to for the next few days (TWiT and co don't measure up to KaTG!). At least we won't be missing a Patrice show!

BTW: If anyone wants a link to yesterday's live show, PM me!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

I like the way the show ended, it's like a cliff hanger. What happened at the strip club? Did keith get ripped off? Or just get off? And as long as I get my Patrice fix I'm a happy camper. Speaking of, will there be a KATG TV camping edition?