Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   735: Innocence Lost (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/735-innocence-lost-10226/)

Keith 05-23-2008 12:00 AM

735: Innocence Lost

"If we were in jail, your mouth would be first."

spooky 05-23-2008 02:36 AM

i thought the movie was obvious, but just not spelled out. the coin used by the character to open the vent, later, another open vent, missing money,and the coin left behind. the "bad guy" watching his feet for blood after a murder, later, walking out from the wife, looking at his feet for blood. the mexicans were drug dealers, i really didnt think they needed to be anything more than a stereotype, the story starts off with the narration of the MAIN character, ed tom bell, and ends with him...etc etc

but enough people couldnt follow, i suppose a movie cant be so close to real life, and things need to be spoon fed to the audience, this is the good guy, this is the bad guy, so, yeah, i do concede the coen brothers failed to please a wide audience, if that was their goal.

Borri Hotchuk 05-23-2008 03:57 AM

NCFOM - The killer is a metaphor for Violence.

The whole movie is a commentary on violence, each character is a different take on the nature of violence. Loved it... Violence is a force of nature just like the killer, it doesn't have an arc or an ending.

blounty 05-23-2008 04:01 AM

Can i just say i love the quote from this episode.

Keith: Patrice i am having your asshole!

Absolutley classic!

darksun3173 05-23-2008 10:34 AM

No County

I've downloaded No County a few a weeks ago, and I still haven't watched it yet. After listening to Keith talk about it I don't think I want to watch it now.

Edit: I am not saying that the show spoiled it. It just sounds like a crap movie.

Bebe 05-23-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksun3173 (Post 400611)
I've downloaded No County a few a weeks ago, and I still haven't watched it yet. After listening to Keith talk about it I don't think I want to watch it now.

Edit: I am not saying that the show spoiled it. It just sounds like a crap movie.

If you watch it with this expectation you will probably enjoy it more. Movies are rooned for me all the time by my own expectations and hype from others. Go into the viewing thinking it's average at best and you might like it.

Keith 05-23-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooky (Post 400522)
i thought the movie was obvious, but just not spelled out. the coin used by the character to open the vent, later, another open vent, missing money,and the coin left behind. the "bad guy" watching his feet for blood after a murder, later, walking out from the wife, looking at his feet for blood.

Maybe I was in a coma during the explanation part.

darksun3173 05-23-2008 11:22 AM

Crap movies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebe (Post 400633)
If you watch it with this expectation you will probably enjoy it more. Movies are rooned for me all the time by my own expectations and hype from others. Go into the viewing thinking it's average at best and you might like it.

I know what you mean. I watched First Sunday before the live show started last night. I thought it would be crap at first, but it wasn't that bad.

Thataboy 05-23-2008 11:28 AM

Fucking awful movie.

On the other hand, I loved There Will Be Blood.

pallbnkz 05-23-2008 11:54 AM

isn't being quirky and artsy these days, POP CULTURE?

keith stick to watching movies like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, JAMES BOND...