Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 05-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully_04 View Post
This PSA was recorded in the basement of a parents house.

fucking hippies and your fucking weed
Actually, no... I am no hippie! Also, moved out of my parents house a couple of years ago (at 18).

fucking arse-holes and your fucking assumptions
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
Actually, no... I am no hippie! Also, moved out of my parents house a couple of years ago (at 18).

fucking arse-holes and your fucking assumptions
your moronic statements about weed make you a hippie.

them throwing you out for not getting off the couch or out of the basement and smoking weed all the time isnt the same as moving out.

how you like them arse-umptions?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
your moronic statements about weed make you a hippie.

them throwing you out for not getting off the couch or out of the basement and smoking weed all the time isnt the same as moving out.

how you like them arse-umptions?
I did not get thrown out, I went to University...

I do not smoke weed all the time, I haven't smoked for over two months. When I smoke it is very irregular, no more than once or twice a month, if not less.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

I agree with Keith, arguing about the addiction factor shouldn't be the focus when talking about decriminalization. The fact that cigarettes and alcohol are legal but marijuana is not is pretty arbitrary. Of course we tried the whole alcohol thing and it totally blew up in our faces.

And I'm speaking as one of those people whom Keith does not trust. I don't generally partake in anything stronger than caffeine but at the same time I think pot should at least be decriminalized. When non-violent drug users get as much prison time as rapists there's something seriously wrong. There are prescription painkillers that fuck you up way more than pot does. But Big Pharma obviously has way more political clout than pot smokers.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I did not get thrown out, I went to University...

I do not smoke weed all the time, I haven't smoked for over two months. When I smoke it is very irregular, no more than once or twice a month, if not less.
wait until you get through university before you go making unqualified statements to justify your habit.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I agree with Keith, arguing about the addiction factor shouldn't be the focus when talking about decriminalization. The fact that cigarettes and alcohol are legal but marijuana is not is pretty arbitrary. Of course we tried the whole alcohol thing and it totally blew up in our faces.

And I'm speaking as one of those people whom Keith does not trust. I don't generally partake in anything stronger than caffeine but at the same time I think pot should at least be decriminalized. When non-violent drug users get as much prison time as rapists there's something seriously wrong. There are prescription painkillers that fuck you up way more than pot does. But Big Pharma obviously has way more political clout than pot smokers.
I agree. Why should possession of any drug be illegal though? The government's job isn't to protect us from ourselves, it is to protect us from others infringing our freedoms.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
wait until you get through university before you go making unqualified statements to justify your habit.
What do you mean? I do not have a habit...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree. Why should possession of any drug be illegal though? The government's job isn't to protect us from ourselves, it is to protect us from others infringing our freedoms.

Well, it's true that the "drug war" simply creates a dangerous black market resulting in rampant violence, death, etc. The drugpins of today make the likes of Al Capone look like teddybears. But you also can't deny that there are health risks associated with drugs, too. I started watching that Intervention show after....crap, I'm blanking on his name. Help me out, Jeremy. Anyway, after he talked about it on the show I started watching it, and drugs ruin lives. Period. The meth and heroin addicts on that show scare the crap out of me. Alcoholism is scary enough (my grandfather was one).
Old 05-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
When I smoke it is very irregular, no more than once or twice a month, if not less.
is this is actually true, which is probably not ture. this is your habit, just embrace it, stop making up shit to justify it, you do drugs. they are illegeal is some way shape or form, even if you live in Amsterdam there are restrictions, stop trying to make it seem ok. Alcohol and ciggaretts are legal, weed is not. It is as bad as anything else for you, dont make excuses for your lifestyle choices, this makes you a hippie.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
WHOA WHOA whoa!

It's taking me a second to put together all that's wrong with that comment.

In the most general terms, I'm fairly certain that my rights are more likely to be infringed by somebody who's in possession of a drug than any other person. Like I stated earlier, I worked in a beer store while going through University and found time and time again you need to worry about the people on crack or meth or who the hell knows what WAY more than you need to worry about the drunks.

I believe it is the governments job to protect me and my freedoms from people who are in possession/under the influence of drugs and it trumps the druggies need for freedom. Does everybody who's taking drugs go on to do "bad things"? No, but the fact is drugs aren't something I want in my society. Yeah, yeah I know they're here to stay...And I do think that weed is slightly different, but I've seen people waste their lives on it and do nothing. I fully believe it's a self destructive habit in the long term. It all has to start somewhere.

I'm just fucking tired of the money and effort being put out to protect and coddle addicts.
Right now there's a huge issue about safe injection sites on the West Coast and it's seriously gotten me pissed off.