Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbintheboywanker View Post
i just don't get it. we're not born fat. it's easy to say we don't want to care what everyone thinks about you - but exercise and eating right is important. And most people really do care how we're viewed by other people - otherwise we'd be hermits in a cave. most of the time being overweight is a symptom of other problems - low self-esteem, poor self-image, etc..
on-on
Team Spooky Diet
For me it was pretty gradual. I went from an urban setting (where everything is within walking distance) to college in a rural setting (Westchester County). Worked campus jobs when I wasn't in class(when you're poor you need money) and most of my free time was for homework. When I had nothing to do and I wanted to play some bball, all my friends were either in classes or working as well so I would just read or watch tv. And that trend pretty much continued to now. Only now I'm in CT, all my friends are in NY and so instead of playing sports with anyone I continue to watch tv, surf the web or read. Sports was the thing that kept me fit when I was younger, not exercise (at least in the basic sense).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbintheboywanker View Post
i just don't get it. we're not born fat. it's easy to say we don't want to care what everyone thinks about you - but exercise and eating right is important. And most people really do care how we're viewed by other people - otherwise we'd be hermits in a cave. most of the time being overweight is a symptom of other problems - low self-esteem, poor self-image, etc..

on-on
Team Spooky Diet
While I don't think that anyone is born to be 300+ lbs, I do think that genetics play a big part in your weight. I have always been thin. I drink pepsi every lunch and dinner. I eat lots of junk food. I eat lots of greasy take out. I sometimes binge on chips and chocolate. But I never gain more than 10 lbs. A lot (if not most) people will never be more than 30 lbs overweight because their body won't let them. So Keith can try to lose some weight to look and feel better, but he also could probably eat as much as he wants and wouldn't get much heavier. In fact, instead of going on a diet, maybe Keith, Brolo and Spooky should go on a reverse diet and see just how much weight they can gain in 3 months. If they do demonstrate that weight gain (or non-gain) is genetic it might even make the news.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
While I don't think that anyone is born to be 300+ lbs, I do think that genetics play a big part in your weight. I have always been thin. I drink pepsi every lunch and dinner. I eat lots of junk food. I eat lots of greasy take out. I sometimes binge on chips and chocolate. But I never gain more than 10 lbs. A lot (if not most) people will never be more than 30 lbs overweight because their body won't let them. So Keith can try to lose some weight to look and feel better, but he also could probably eat as much as he wants and wouldn't get much heavier. In fact, instead of going on a diet, maybe Keith, Brolo and Spooky should go on a reverse diet and see just how much weight they can gain in 3 months. If they do demonstrate that weight gain (or non-gain) is genetic it might even make the news.
I'm the same way, but I think age may play a part as well. I'm 26, and when I get older I don't expect to have the same metabolism, especially if I keep working desk jobs. Shit.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rear view mirror for bike

Rear view mirrors on bikes are gay. Go with a rear view mirror on your bike helmet.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

I wear a helmet with a rear-view mirror at all times. I'm kinda like a superhero.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

...i'm learning something from this thread:

Fat people write fat posts.

Thin up those posts you Insecure Blobs. And eat less. And get those buts from the chair.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leixes View Post
...i'm learning something from this thread:

Fat people write fat posts.

Thin up those posts you Insecure Blobs. And eat less. And get those buts from the chair.
I learned something too, fat people spell better....get your butt a dictionary.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattywhompas View Post
I learned something too, fat people spell better....get your butt a dictionary.
ohhh, sorry..
maybe we can compare grammar skills in portuguese, care to try it?!
Podes começar por traduzir: vou comer mais uma salsicha!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

If everyone were insulting other people in Portuguese I guess I would make a fucking effort.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattywhompas View Post
If everyone were insulting other people in Portuguese I guess I would make a fucking effort.

desembarace de magro português