Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
desembarace de magro português
Well, thank you!
I wish you the same, and double it!
I don't know what «untangle of thin Portuguese» means, but the effort is welcomed.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leixes View Post
Well, thank you!
I wish you the same, and double it!
I don't know what «untangle of thin Portuguese» means, but the effort is welcomed.
A grammatically poor insult ... I'm illiterate in many languages!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

je parle le français trés mal.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Here's the Keith's Justice mp3 if anyone wants it.
http://www.deproductive.com/Keith's%20Justice.mp3
Old 06-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poingjam View Post
downloaded it. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poingjam View Post
Thanks, I was looking for that one
Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

I think most of the folks that got to this before me expressed this sentiment fairly well, but I feel the need to make my feelings on this known.

People like Chemda, skinny little petite Chemda, don't understand what it is to deal with being fat because they've never BEEN fat. I've been that chubby little fat kid since I was about 6 years old. I know what its like to grow up having your parents scream at you because they have to buy you yet another new pair of jeans because you've worn out the inner thighs on yet another pair. It happens, and its something that as a fat ass kid you just deal with. Human beings have an extreme capacity for perseverance in the face of all odds, even when everyone in your school pokes fun of you for being fat... eventually you just gloss over it all and it ceases to bother you. I never let being the fat kid stop me from doing anything that I wanted to do. I was a football player, I was in the band, I was a fairly popular kid within most of my circles. Being fat was just part of who I was and I never seriously considered losing weight.

Now, that being said... everyone has their limit. I have reached mine. After several years of desk jobs and eating lunches out of vending machines I have reached my breaking point. I can no longer easily walk from my car to my desk without being winded, or even stand still for longer than a few minutes without getting weak in the knees. I can't deal with that, I refuse to deal with that. So after 30 years I've finally started doing something about it and it's a long and slow process and I know it will be difficult but I've reached that limit and I've broken.

Just like all the smokers out there that know that smoking is killing them, and the drinkers who know that they are destroying their livers, so are the fatties that know that the next burger is going to clog their arteries. We all have our vices folks.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I think that theres an idea out there that unless you look a normal weight (and for women, there's really no such thing, because you could always be thinner), that you're not worth as much as other people. I certainly got that growing up. I got the impression that it was okay to hate myself because it was somehow going to motivate me to excercise or eat right. How does it make sense that self-hatred could motivate a person to take care of themselves?

If I am too fat, people will mock me, refuse to acknowledge me, and generally fuck with me for no godly reason. How does this help anyone? I don't understand the idea that I should only be happy and confidant if I look right to other people. Why can't I be fat and happy?

Why does a person have to think of life giving, healthy foods and invigorating exercise as punishments for being unattractive? I like to exercise, I like to eat good foods, if I'm not doing it it's because I'm neglecting myself.
I love you Marina. I've been fighting the "fat does not equal unhealthy" fight for a long long time. As an active person who eats a healthy diet (as healthy as a poor-ass recent college grad can afford) and am still (and always have been) fat, your sentiments are more than echoed in my own life. Fat and happy is where it's at.

I love KATG, but their attitude toward fatties is pretty silly.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #29 (permalink)

man all this talk about food is making me hungry
Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

My high school, in Farmington Hills, MI, the marching band members all changed together on the busses, guys and girls.

Not really all that uncommon.