Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

743: Million Dollar Baby

"I want a baby."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Any particular one or any will do??
Old 06-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

My father is a Southern Baptist preacher and we had a conversation 8 years ago where I said to him, "You're talking to me like I'm a member of your church and you're my pastor. I haven't been a member of your church for 20 years and don't believe the same things you do. If you want to talk to me like my father, I'll listen, but you are not my spiritual leader / authority." He said, "I've been a preacher longer than I've been your father, I don't know if I can do that." I said, "Well, call me when you want to try."

We haven't talked since. In that period of time one of my brothers died, two other brothers and my sister got married, and my wife and I had a second child. We have been at those major family events and not spoken and he has never been any closer to my wife and children than across a room.

Here's the thing, it was hard to draw that line. But I don't miss our relationship at all.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
My father is a Southern Baptist preacher and we had a conversation 8 years ago where I said to him, "You're talking to me like I'm a member of your church and you're my pastor. I haven't been a member of your church for 20 years and don't believe the same things you do. If you want to talk to me like my father, I'll listen, but you are not my spiritual leader / authority." He said, "I've been a preacher longer than I've been your father, I don't know if I can do that." I said, "Well, call me when you want to try."

We haven't talked since. In that period of time one of my brothers died, two other brothers and my sister got married, and my wife and I had a second child. We have been at those major family events and not spoken and he has never been any closer to my wife and children than across a room.

Here's the thing, it was hard to draw that line. But I don't miss our relationship at all.
Thats really sad, I would hat to think as a father that i could let my relationship go like that with my child. Respect to you though for doing what you believe in.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hmmm. Are we starting to see some of those cracks that Chemda's brother Michael is always looking for developing around the baby issue?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Right, I have two daughters and I can't imagine anything that would make me not want to have a relationship with them. I'm not, however, going to keep after my father to make up. I think I was pretty clear, if he ever wants to try it again I'll give it a shot. I just refuse to deal with him as a religious authority figure and he evidently doesn't want to deal with me without that mantle.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzel View Post
Kids are for parents, shut up you don't want kids. It would change the whole show, boo. Besides, you aint even beat Halo 3 yet.

It is impossible to beat games with kids!!! they drool on your controllers and you cant let them hear nico saying Fuck and cunt! On the other side of the coin kids are cool! Once ya have one nothing can take the place of them! Unless you are called Tatum O'Neil then crack takes their place.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blounty View Post
It is impossible to beat games with kids!!! they drool on your controllers and you cant let them hear nico saying Fuck and cunt! On the other side of the coin kids are cool! Once ya have one nothing can take the place of them! Unless you are called Tatum O'Neil then crack takes their place.
I have three.

They suck the life out of you and break all your shit and spend all your money.

But they fucking rule.

keith jr? I think not.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, you obviously want to learn how to swim. So do it. Yes, many people learn how to swim when they are children, but many people don't learn until they are adults. Your discomfort will be entirely in your head.

My comment about not knowing how to dump was retarded, so here's a revision:

Every person gets over the stigma of being a student driver, and having their car labeled as such in Driver's Ed. Chemda's Mom*, and I, went back to college as the only adults in the classroom, to no small social discomfort. You need to man the fuck up, and get your ass in the pool. In only a few lessons you won't be doing anything visibly embarrassing.

*Granted, I'm assuming about Chemda's mom, but I am absolutely the oldest guy in nearly every one of my classes.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Eh, I know lots of fathers who are into their kids. Maybe it's a cultural thing. I completely understand what Chemda is saying, but...a lot of parents don't necessarily "like" being a parent right away. So many things change, of course, but that doesn't mean they all regret having kids.