Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

744: The Justice Game

"If you can do me a favor and not sniff your own pussy too much in my bathroom, I'd appreciate it."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

I picked the BEST night to tune back in.

I'm hooked again. I missed KATG. Probably the best thing now that I finally have a running computer again to get back to.

Any of you guys in the Carolinas, I will be seeing you in fucking August. Moving from Chicago out to the east coast is going to be interesting.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Keith, that is BS! I understand that if I said that I'd pay you $500 to litter then I'd go through the court, this guy actually paid a deposit to the "hitman" though!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I switched to Mac last summer. It's awesome. There are some issues I had with things, such as Tiger vs. Leopard and not having a cut/paste feature on Mac, which I feel should be a very simple addition to the system. However, there are many other things that make the Mac a better system for me.

I also use Windows through VMWare Fusion, but I only use it for programs that I need for school. I use an actual PC with Windows at work, so I do use both systems frequently. Either system is fine if used properly (I haven't had a blue screen on Windows for years, despite Mac fanboys always claiming that). The Mac does look better and is far more customizable, I find. This is important to me but may not be important for others.

I do agree with Chemda about the guilt and disappointment thing when it comes to parents. The words are worse. Maybe it's a cultural thing. As for the spanking issue, I'm not totally against it (if it's done by a hand and nothing else), at least up until a certain age. I do believe that you will lose some respect for your parents if they continue to mistreat you (which spanking does become after a while), but I think parents are "good" parents if they kept their children afraid, while rewarding them occasionally (and realistically) for good behaviour. Whatever method you choose, it has to be consistent and the child must know what to expect. If you're not into spanking, you have to find something that works, without getting into dangerous territory. I find that many parents are too easy on their kids now. Spanking or certain punishments do not work after a certain age, and parents must treat their child like an adult after that or at least give them some respect. This respect or appreciation usually does not happen until you move out of the house, and even then it's not "guaranteed". I don't completely discount Keith's theory about "good kids" either. There could be something to that.

Last edited by thirteen; 06-07-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
...not having a cut/paste feature on Mac, which I feel should be a very simple addition to the system...
WTF?!?!? There is Copy, Cut and Paste?!?!

+x = Cut
+c = Copy
+v = Paster

Or through the Edit menu.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
WTF?!?!? There is Copy, Cut and Paste?!?!

+x = Cut
+c = Copy
+v = Paster

Or through the Edit menu.
No, it does not exist within folders, where it would be extremely useful.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Jeremy!

I must have missed the shows where some financial institution was scamming customers ... which ones, please?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
Keith, that is BS! I understand that if I said that I'd pay you $500 to litter then I'd go through the court, this guy actually paid a deposit to the "hitman" though!
You don't get shot through entrapment or being tricked. There's your thought police for you. Shame on you.

You think in a better world people should go to court for telling someone you'd pay them money to litter? What if it was said as a joke?

You're insane.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

parents: the next time your angel is acting up in public, instead of poppin' them on the ass or givin' them the stink eye, why not spritz'em in the face like you would a dog or cat? it may not be as effective, but it'd certainly be more entertaining.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You don't get shot through entrapment or being tricked. There's your thought police for you. Shame on you.

You think in a better world people should go to court for telling someone you'd pay them money to litter? What if it was said as a joke?

You're insane.
What has entrapment to do with thought police?

His crime was hiring a hit-man, he even paid a deposit. Had he found a real hit-man, the girl would be dead. My point about littering was not in littering as such but the distinction between saying something and actually creating a contract to commit a crime. I do not think people should be brought to court (or punished otherwise) for enticing someone to litter, that stupid.

Why is littering a more serious crime than hiring a (fake) hit-man?

PS: What could the guy's defence possibly be?

Last edited by hypercrypt; 06-07-2008 at 12:50 PM.