Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

I totally identified with Chemda talking about the "guilt" thing when she was being raised. I was also never corporally punished as a child, and would often consider how disappointed my mother would be before I even considered doing something wrong.

I don't know if this style of parenting would work for everyone, as Keith pointed out, but I do think that it is a very strong form of parenting and one that should be tried for. When I have children, I plan on trying to raise my kids in this way, since it allows for showing a child from right and wrong in a more loving manner.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Angel Torres Hit And Run: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=35699590

It didn't look like he came into the street with an "I'm the cock of the walk" attitude. He seemed to be looking to the left (where traffic would be coming from in the near lane) as he crossed the street just as the two cars that were racing crossed the double yellow line to get around traffic. A patrol car rolls up at the end of the video 67 seconds after he was hit. I'm sure there were a dozen calls to 911. Nearly everyone carries a cell phone these days.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john le fucker View Post
i read once about a thing called "Genovese syndrome" (The Bystander effect). A psychological phenomenon in which someone is less likely to intervene in an emergency situation when other people are present. It is named after Kitty Genovese, a NY woman who was stalked, stabbed, raped over 30 minutes period while her neighbors witnessed. One man, supposedly, turned up his radio so that he would not hear her screams.

i suppose they thought someone may have called but someone could of stood there to redirect cars around the guy. i have seen a few accidents in London and seen that people are helping and gone on my way, i can not help anyone by just gawking at them.
What a coincidence...I was just re-reading this the other day. Very fascinating. It's sickening too though. I completely understand people walking away or not noticing things, but when someone is actually bleeding or you actually see the crime happening, it's slightly different. You do not need to get involved physically or even get close to the scene, but calling for help is not difficult.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

The problem isn't in it being difficult to call for help, it's that people tend to think that someone else is always going to call for help even if they don't. As long as your anonymous it doesn't seem like it can effect you. It works best if you single someone out and ask them specifically for help. So in case anyone here ever gets hit by a car/assualted for half an hour, now you know what to do...
Old 06-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I agree with Chemda about guilt. My parents never hit us, but they sure laid a good guilt trip on us. When I was 16 I got a speeding ticket after having my licence for about a month or two and I remember waiting for my dad to come home to yell at me. He came home, I told him and he just shook his head and walked away. The silence freaked me out... I would have rather have had him yell at me for it. I was "grounded" for the night and I was devastated. We were never grounded or hit or anything like that.

Also, I believed my mom had radar as well. Where I live the legal drinking age is 18. The only time I drank before I was 18 was a month before my 18th birthday for fear of my mother finding out and her being disappointed in me.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

I was starting to get on board with Keith's Justice before, but after this show, I've gotta say: quit being so pissed you live in a dirty fucking city, Keith. You aren't going to make the world a better place, you're just trying to shoot people in the face because you're angry that an area with such a high density of people might have some loose trash.

By admonishing everyone for living in a "shit world," you meant, "trash-filled city," because a shit world has people who pay for hitmen, then become a burden for the taxpayer through the legal system, then likely go out to employ the services of a real hitman once they are back in society. Keith's Justice has no intention of intervening there, there are litterers to shoot.

I remember a show where Keith talked about what the hell someone who smacks a random woman's ass could possibly contribute to society, so shoot him in the face. Well then, what could someone who considers hiring a hitman, then finds a hitman, then pays said hitman for his services possibly contribute to society? Shoot him in the face!

And you can't say there is a black and white when viewing crime because Keith's Justice says so. There are degrees of crime, and I'd rather turn a blind eye to litterers and shoot someone who pays for a hitman than vice versa.

The entire basis of Keith's Justice was to make the world not a shit one, but if the only thing the world is going to be is cleaner, that promise is not fulfilled.

Also, I like how Keith tried to undermine Chemda's defense of her parents' method of raising their kids by trying to claim Chemda and her brothers were just born better than everyone else. Yeah, the fact that they were afraid of disappointing their parents is totally unrelated to the parenting imposed on them, yet when a kid that gets hit turns out okay the kid was arbitrarily born an asshole and knocking him around straightened him out. Hell, I don't see how Keith can criticize Chemda's parents whatsoever when even at 30-fucking-something Keith can't get over the fact that he dug some holes. Chemda was raised better simply because she could move past what her parents did to her.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Keep smokin'.
Your justice is ridiculous. You always say that you cannot argue / debate / talk to people that change the subject when they run out of arguments. I do not smoke, haven't since February. Why are you bringing up totally irrelevant points? To be honest, your idea sounds like that of someone that is stoned.

Who cares if the person could change his mind, now that he has been caught, how can you prove that? The guy that let his dog shit on the sidewalk may change his mind. Would you accept a "I did not have a bag, was going to the shop to get one and come back" excuse for him? Littering is not that big of a problem. Personally I do not litter because I respect the area that I live in, we pay tax for it to be cleaned up regularly though. Yes it is a waste of money, but fines can be used to pay for it.

Shooting someone for littering or other petty crime, that does not hurt another individual, is ridiculous. As you can legally own a gun in America, if you get caught littering, you may as well shoot the police officer and try to make a run for it, your punishment would be the same. It would not create a better world.

The time and money that you are planning to waste on catching people that litter could be used much more effectively to battle gang (and other organised) crime, things that are actually threatening people's livelihood or existence.

Creating a police state does not make for a better world.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

regarding the art story and parenting

My wife and I got totally different experiences out of that news story. For her, she saw that the artist was just showing what the media keeps doing which is "assassinating the character" of political figures by focusing on mundane things like age and race instead of their respective platforms; whereas I kept focusing on the fact that these art critics made these stupid reviews when they didn't even see an exhibit (which just goes to show how fake these artistic circles are). Oh and I also thought the artist's explanation of his piece was complete bullshit (Keith and Chemda broke it down perfectly).

As for parenting, my mom would use a combination. For punishment she would beat the shit out of me with wet belts, broomsticks, basically anything that wouldn't break after the first swing. She would use guilt on me whenever I got a 96% on a test instead of a 100% (one time when I got 100% on a test she complained why I didn't get the extra credit right to get 108%).

My wife on the other hand got the "Khalili magic eyes" and it seemed to be as effective on her as it was on Chemda.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #29 (permalink)

Location: Southampton, United Kingdom. Bremen, Germany. And once a year, in Miami, Florida, USA.
The thing is that, regardless of what the law is, or the rules, there will always be a group of people who are against it, and who want to break the law and who will find ways to break it and get their way.
A law or justice can be good, even excellent, and receive a majority of acceptance but, because each person thinks differently, there's always that one group that wants to change the way things are...
And its not as if 'Keith's Justice' is something new. Its been implemented before and in different cultures...'an eye for an eye'.
People today don't realise how much shit they've been getting away with.

And, gum does polute...so do cigarette butts, so does anything that is chemically based...like plastic candy wrappers. All that littering, and hence forth pollution, accumulated, causes pollution. Pollution causes the World to become unbalanced. And do you know what happens when the World becomes unbalanced? We all die.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaumff View Post
And, gum does polute...so do cigarette butts, so does anything that is chemically based...like plastic candy wrappers. All that littering, and hence forth pollution, accumulated, causes pollution. Pollution causes the World to become unbalanced. And do you know what happens when the World becomes unbalanced? We all die.
Who is disputing that it causes pollution? Everything we do causes it too though. It does not warrant death. Building huge skyscrapers causes the world to become unbalanced, sending missions to the ISS or Mars does too.

In a properly managed place littering will not cause everyone to die, under no circumstances.

PS: I am not referring to the dumping of appliances etc., I am talking about wrappers etc. (and as I said before, I do not litter).