Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 07-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

762: Halfsies

"How sad your life is, Keith... to not know love..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

So a Catholic priest has to consecrate the communion before Keith can desecrate it by giving it to a jew? Seems cumbersome.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think Keith's mom should have waited until they knew for sure whether it was malignant or benign. I'm sure she didn't mean to, but it was, even if a subconscious thing, trying to get an emotional response out of Keith and Chemda. It was kinda inconsiderate of her IMO.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

They totally sole the idea for that Eddie Murphey film from an old Beano comic.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had jury duty in Queens a few weeks ago. I took my laptop and, since I never got called in, all I did was get online and play games ... I even caught up on some work. Not a very interesting experience ...
Old 07-11-2008, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I hate to jump up on my La Leche League soap box in this forum, but you rant about these things to purposely stir shit up Keith, so here I go. *shrugs*

When there wasn't a designated area provided (A LOT of public places provide nursing rooms now) & I needed to breastfeed my children in public, of course I used my cover-up to cover myself, but I can't honestly say I was thinking about what anyone was thinking or if anyone cared, just like you or I don't think or care when we we're hungry & have to eat in public. I didn't enjoy breastfeeding in public, it's awkward & thanks to some ugly looks by people making you feel badly for doing it, i was sometimes a little embarrassed, but it had to be done. When my babies cried that they were hungry, I had to feed them, & that's the only way I fed them, so that's what I had to do. And I honestly don't see why it's such a big deal. People have to watch other people shoving food into their mouths like fucking animals while eating in public & I'm sorry, but to me, that's 10 times more disgusting than someone breastfeeding their infant.

What do you suggest we do? Where do you suggest we go, when we have to feed our child at a restaurant? The toilet? Would you want to eat your meal on a nasty fucking restaurant toilet? That makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

And do we, meaning mothers with children who are nursing, not because we shot something out of our vaginas & feel entitled, but because we are human beings, not have the same rights as others to be in public? Should we just sit at home until our children are ready to eat solid foods? To some, that's an entire year. Not that you care, but I can't sit at home for an entire year, & I don't know many people who could...except maybe that girl who got stuck to her toilet seat. YUCK.

XOXO

Last edited by Indecisive Twit; 07-11-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Therapists

Chemda,

I understand your distaste for therapists based on your experience. The ones who listen to you talk and just nod their heads and say "and how does that make you feel" are a useless waste of money.

But, that is not the only style of therapy. I have had some good results working with one who actually gives feedback and interacts with you. She really gave me some useful ways to react to my and my husbands dysfunctional families when I have to spend time with them. I don't know what the names of the different styles of therapy are, Jungian vs. Freudian or something, but please be aware that the good ones who actually work with you are not just fictional.

Stay classy, San Diego!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive Twit View Post
What do you suggest we do?
Didn't they actually make a device, several years ago, to solve this problem. It's called a bottle, formula or a breast pump. Don't act like you don't have options.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Didn't they actually make a device, several years ago, to solve this problem. It's called a bottle, formula or a breast pump. Don't act like you don't have options.
My stupid child would not drink from any kind of bottle. He would scream for hours until I showed up with the tit. Do not speak of what you know nothing about.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive Twit View Post
I hate to jump up on my La Leche League soap box in this forum, but you rant about these things to purposely stir shit up Keith, so here I go. *shrugs*
Maybe you could listen to the show again. Keith said that he has seen women feed their babies discreetly and others that are clearly trying to make a point. I've seen the same thing. As you said - you covered up - so he wasn't talking about you. Plus, as Keith also mentioned - it's not a surprise that you're going to have to feed your baby - plan for it, and don't do it in a way you know is likely to cause offence or discomfort to anyone who sees you. A little bit of discretion is all that is required, no-one is asking you to feed your baby on a toilet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Don't be silly - breast milk is already in a great container, is stored at the perfect temperature and is far superior to formula. Breast pumps are hideous contraptions and using formula while breastfeeding is counter-productive.