Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 07-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You're one of those people - the people that nothing you say can be argued against because you're so unique that no matter what you tell me there's no way I can ever know you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive Twit View Post

No one here even knows me so I call bullshit, sir. You MOST CERTAINLY do not know me. So please do not claim to make assumptions about my character.
So you can take your little jabs at me, but please do not claim you know anything at all about me.
New to the show?
Ever listen to Keith read any letter or comment before yours?
Keith has always known everything about everyone writing in.
Don't want him to know you and call you out, don't write in.

BTW, I'm for breast feeding, anywhere and any time.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You're one of those people - the people that nothing you say can be argued against because you're so unique that no matter what you tell me there's no way I can ever know you.
I take it all back. I am both unique and entitled. And very, VERY special. There, now you know me.

Last edited by Indecisive Twit; 07-12-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Why does Keith still keep trying to get back in touch with his dad? He was disowned. That was his dad's decision. That means dad can suck it when it comes to father's day and christmas gifts. If he does get the cancer then he's the one who is going to go through that without his son. That was his choice.

This is what happens to families who can't communicate. What are they going to do? go to therapy and stare at each other?
To me it’s not that people can’t communicate, it’s that some people are jerks and I’ve come to realize that at a certain age people just won’t change. I’m speaking here about my own situation with my step father. He was abusive, arrogant, and racist. My wife and I put up with visits from him and Mom. Many times we held our tongues and tolerated his tantrums because if we gave him shit back he would simply take it out on my mother later (verbally). I learned over the years it served no purpose to argue with the man or try to change his mind, he was simply an angry narrow minded old man.

So last year he finally died and the family breathed a sigh of relief. Now we have a great relationship with my mom (well it was laways OK, but now it's more "open") and she said she was very grateful that our house was always a refuge of sorts for her. My sister, brother and his wife would usually get into arguments with him and it always caused a lot of friction across the whole family. Anyway, my situation doesn’t parallel Keith’s, it’s how I choose to deal with an unpleasant family situation. Because I knew he was never going to change and I wanted peaceful visits, I didn’t want to create any situations that would cause grief, and I wanted to stay close with my mother.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjo View Post
Maybe you could listen to the show again. Keith said that he has seen women feed their babies discreetly and others that are clearly trying to make a point.
My boyfriend and I were at the park when a girl about my age (14-15) sat down on a bench across from me and my boyfriend with a baby. My boyfriend and I looked at her for a minute because the baby wouldnt shut the fuck up. She noticed my boyfriend staring and took out her tit, flopped it around for a good 30 seconds then began breastfeeding her baby, while staring my boyfriend in the eye with a "yeah, does that turn you on?" look on her face.
It was disgusting. She had stretch marks on her boobies.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

The letter from the woman who thinks her boyfriend likes kids is wack.

"You'll be picking up toilet paper all over your house" only made me think of how toddlers will run around with a roll, playing with it and it ends up all over the house.

Am I the only one that took it that way? Hasn't every parent cleaned up a roll of toilet paper that's been spread around the room(s) by a little kid?
Old 07-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

I live in a town full of hippies, so seeing public suckling is nothing new or out of the ordinary, and once it becomes commonplace no one raises an eyebrow. With that said, I have to relate an incident that I think might help define the line between taking care of your child's needs and being completely oblivious to the people and the public arena around you.

I frequent a restaurant/coffee place in a neighborhood with many young parents (mostly of the white, professional, neo-hippie "green" variety - let's just say there's lots of New Beetles and biodiesel bumper stickers lining the streets). This cafe is in a restored Victorian house, so the tables are spread out amongst several open, connected rooms. I was in a front room eating by myself and watching an unattended, hyper two-year-old boy pull toys out of a basket and fling them around the room. His parents were not with him, so I was looking around at the other diners to see who was responsible for bringing this undisciplined terror into the restaurant. I see a table full of women and make eye contact with them, like, "Is this YOUR doing?" The largest of the women sees my glare, and calls the boy back over to her table in a pathetic attempt to rein him in. Then, while chatting with her friends, she pulls up her sweatshirt to reveal two untethered breasts, which literally flop out, hit the table and fall to her lap. She then pushes her chair back, leans over and lets the TWO-YEAR-OLD breastfeed from her udders, from a STANDING POSITION at the side of the table, while she's leaning on her arms and carrying on her conversation like nothing was out of the ordinary. I swear to God I have never seen something less considerate in my life. I noticed everyone else in the restaurant staring in horror at her way-too-old child feeding like a calf from her distended milkbags. Tell me this is the same as a newborn under a blanket in the park, I fucking dare you. Have some common decency!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

When we needed the bottle warmed in the restaurant we'd ask for a bowl of hot water. Then we'd put the bottle in it for a few minutes. Not a big deal. And we'd never ask the restaurant to warm it for us.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
... seeing public suckling is nothing new or out of the ordinary, and once it becomes commonplace no one raises an eyebrow... lets the TWO-YEAR-OLD breastfeed from her udders, from a STANDING POSITION at the side of the table, while she's leaning on her arms and carrying on her conversation like nothing was out of the ordinary. I swear to God I have never seen something less considerate in my life. I noticed everyone else in the restaurant staring in horror at her way-too-old child feeding like a calf from her distended milkbags. Tell me this is the same as a newborn under a blanket in the park, I fucking dare you. Have some common decency!

It's not the same. I've got some ex-friends who belong to the local Nursing Nazi contingent that nurse their kids up to age seven. Sorry, that's stuff is just wrong, maybe bordering on child abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
When we needed the bottle warmed in the restaurant we'd ask for a bowl of hot water. Then we'd put the bottle in it for a few minutes. Not a big deal. And we'd never ask the restaurant to warm it for us.
Been there, done that, a little preplanning and it's no big deal.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
It's not the same. I've got some ex-friends who belong to the local Nursing Nazi contingent that nurse their kids up to age seven. Sorry, that's stuff is just wrong, maybe bordering on child abuse.
I am a strong believer that breast is best (obviously) if you can do it (some people just can't, & I have no problem with that at all either, do what you gotta do to keep that spawn alive) but I wholeheartedly agree with this.

You don't need to watch the video I'm linking below to know that there's a point where you really just need to stop, but I'll share it anyway. Having an almost 8-year-old myself, whom I breastfed for a little over a year, I was a little creeped out.

Breastfeeding...at age 8