Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 07-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
(God dammit, I hate ever getting involved with forums bullshit because every minute or so I remember that this is the fucking internet and I feel like a tool for wasting so much energy on it. Fuck you guys.)
Man, I feel you. I gotta get out of this damn house.

But first!

I really don't ascribe very strongly to the idea that I have aspie-like social problems, but I will grant that I just noticed something weird about myself. Everything PotatoE wrote in her "ideal resolution" dialog felt, to me, like it had been said. Or if not said, then understood. I remember when Brolo's phone first came up on the show, I was sure I had apologized, even though thinking harder, I realized I hadn't. To me, a lot of what remains unsaid seems like it has been said. Maybe I'm like a social hemophiliac who has to constantly check to see if I'm bleeding, except in this case I have to check to be sure I actually have said the things that I only assumed were understood.

And to beat a dead horse a little, I also think it's very important to note that the actual details of me messing with Brolo's phone were literally almost completely misunderstood, to the point where people were unclear about the week in which it happened, let alone the day, let alone the venue. That was a large reason it upset me not to have been talked to earlier and more directly. Not only did I feel like I was being unfairly judged, but I was being judged by information that was largely made up. The actual details of the event weren't laid out until Chemda sent me that email, because it had enough factual errors in it (Derby vs April 15th) that I realized she or Brolo didn't really know what had happened. Meanwhile, the imaginary version had been sitting in their minds for ages.

I'm sure me bringing that up is more fuel to say that I'm being self-serving and that I only care about myself, but I think drawing conclusions about somebody based on vague second hand information is a really shitty way to treat somebody. I know, oh poor me. But that definitely contributed to my desire to do some fucking battling.

Last edited by McNally; 07-17-2008 at 05:01 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

To me that's what a kid says to not deal with the main issue. They latch onto one piece of misinformation and try to distract you from the rest. Okay, it was a different day. Is everything void now?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Have you been drinking today, Sajizzle? Coincidentally?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #24 (permalink)

McNally FTW

I’m taking McNally’s POV. I see a phone and I think it’s just more or less just a phone and not so much for the more advanced functions. I received my Sony Ericson W580i for free for selling my soul to AT&T for two years. It can get do all these cool features even count the calories you’re burning, music and counting steps, but I don’t really use much of the features.

If someone tried to find some dirt on me they wouldn’t find much if any. If someone’s phone has email and internet is it possible to put a pin on the important features, and not the whole phone? My PSP has the ability to put a password pin on the internet browser, and anything that needs to access the internet.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Is it a coincidence that you don't have a smart phone either?

People need to have PIN numbers on private stuff because you can't help yourself from looking? And if you thought the phone was just a phone, then what are you even looking at?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

I *SO* gotta get to this episode!

But I hate all the psychoanalyzing bullshit sessions w/ Spooky or McNally or anyone. More humor, less drama, please.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Is it a coincidence that you don't have a smart phone either?
I don't understand what you're referencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
need to have PIN numbers on private stuff because you can't help yourself from looking? And if you thought the phone was just a phone, then what are you even looking at?
You're making the assumption that I look threw peoples phones.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loe_Mars View Post
I don't understand what you're referencing.

You're making the assumption that I look threw peoples phones.
Look through my phone, I don't care, but don't throw it, please.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
McNally - Just a quick note, but all those books about psychology are written by psychologists and in my experience they are the most consistently fucked up group of people I have ever know in my life. \
For me, the most consistently neurotic have been, in order: engineers, architects, attorneys, realtors, chiropractors.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Taters, you're fucking amazing. Nothing you said reeks of psychobabble - you just close-read the comments at hand and extracted the meaning. Well done; I'm always impressed with your eloquence and conciseness. /fawning praise

I too felt this episode hit a little close to home due to a certain someone sharing private information about me, and then coming back with, "what's the big deal? No one cares." The fact is, no one cares BUT ME, and yes - the first time you get an explanation, not a condemnation. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying, "I don't like this. Please don't do it again. And if this happens again, I might not associate with you."

No man is an island. Empathy and consideration are things that if they don't come naturally, need to be learned. NEED. And if you can't take criticism that comes from a positive place - WANTING you to avoid further embarrassing and awkward situations so you can remain friends in the future - then jeez, you're sort of fucked.