Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaMacFarlane View Post
Josh the Jew kicked ass and he was nothing else but his funny self.
One day you may realize that you're entirely wrong, but I won't bet on it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
Well if you're a dick then... I didn't know therapist had their own system of beliefs that should be respected?

And clearly his beliefs lie in the mysticism and spiritual what-have-yous and if you spoke to him outside of the show then it would be clear that he is not simply putting up a front. I mean, unless I am just extremely gullible. He wouldn't be the first or the last person I have met who believes in these things and it certainly isn't so far removed from Hispanic culture.
It only bothers me that psychics tend to give people advice on just the smallest amount of personal background. For money. Giving readings on the side for free would fit in more with the spiritual thingy. Do you honestly believe that David is not only real, but speaking to Robert? i don't really see where the hispanic thing fits in since most phychics aren't hispanic. (Thats a total bullshit guess)
Old 08-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think he isn't just putting up a front and going home and to the bank and practices scientology.
Even if he isn't, he is promoting a scam that takes billions of dollars from suckers every year. From his time on the show, I get a vibe that he is a complete fake, but I didn't meet him in person *shrug*.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if I believe or if you believe he is talking to David it only matters that he believes.
My Mother takes pills for that; it's called a delusion.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kie

Quote:
I meant a big part of hispanic culture lies in mysticism and spirituality, (my aunt practices a form of santuria). When someone said he is merely an entertainer that was my response. He clearly believes in what he is doing, in and outside of doing readings for pay. I don't think he isn't just putting up a front and going home and to the bank and practices scientology.

It doesn't matter if I believe or if you believe he is talking to David it only matters that he believes.

Moreover the only reason people ever go to psychics is to get advice. Would you prefer him to just tell you what you already know?

"You have a brother. A sister. A daughter. Your favorite color is blue."

That's more of a test to see if he is psychic as opposed to a reading.
He probably believes he has psychic powers. You also got all the questions about me right on. Are you psychic? Robert would probably say you are. As far as the test thing goes yes it is a test. A test no phychic has ever passed. If one ever did and could consistantly repeat it I would be all on board. Not only on board but fucking excited about. I cant spell psychic to save my fucking life.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

People regard mysticism with all sort of thresholds of belief, from ultimate cynicism to ultimate devotion, like any religion or form of guided spiritualism. Some people will follow this line of thought in every aspect of their lives, and others are bullshit artists. I do believe Robert Alvarez follows his mysticism earnestly, and if he has this to offer as a service to people he deserves to be compensated for it. If it didn't help people he'd be out of a job.

I got a palm reading with my friend from a place in Providence once on a lark. I was ushered into a house with two morbidly obese women sitting on a couch in front of a 60" tv. Each one got up and took us to a separate room, where they told us both that we would live to be 83 and have three children. The woman who "read" me barely looked at me the entire time. I knew it was going to be crap and I wasn't surprised. However, I've always been open to the idea that there might be unseen things (forces) in the world that I'll accept without needing proof - in fact, the lack of proof is what kept things sort of hidden and interesting. Magical, even. And there was quite a bit of insight in what Robert was saying to the people he read.

Most people who are uncanny at "psychic ability" at least have a certain insight into people's behaviors, and can pick up cues not only from what people tell them but how they tell it. I also think there is a sense of emotional recognition, a sort of transferred sympathetic reaction that some people have developed more than others. A psychic sponge, you could say. They're tuned into wavelengths.

I think it's kind of neat.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #26 (permalink)

Regardless of my beliefs in the Mystics I think this is one of the worst shows I've listened too.

If it weren't for Keith and Chemda making some light of the subject and keeping the show moving I so would have been asleep.

Less of Robert Alvarez please.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thank fuck for Keith's hilariousness in this section of the 74hr job 'cause this show was drag a lot of the time. It doesn't matter to me whether psychics are for realz or not, Robert Alvarez is just flat out boring.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Thank fuck for Keith's hilariousness in this section of the 74hr job 'cause this show was drag a lot of the time. It doesn't matter to me whether psychics are for realz or not, Robert Alvarez is just flat out boring.
can't forget F/MOS keeping it real.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitho View Post
can't forget F/MOS keeping it real.
Yeah, props to F-MOS. He's an excellent guest, and keeps shit interesting.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not a scam, no one is being tricked. You know what you're gettin'.
I know what I would be getting (parlor tricks), not everyone does. Some people give a lot of money to their spiritual advisors; more than they can afford. It's much worse than the religious scam. At least most the people running that scam actually believe in it.

Believe what you like, but don't expect me to buy in to bullshit or to not call out a scam when I see it.

Quote:
I read your posts. Why are you such a negative nellie all the time? Is this what I sound like when I'm on my period?
I don't know what you sound like on your period, but this forum is about 5% of my interactions (online and off), so I dont think I'm a negative nellie all the time.