Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #51 (permalink)

That's wrong. You shouldn't be allowed to tell people if they're offending you! What have our society come to?

Damn liberals
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenViking View Post
That's wrong. You shouldn't be allowed to tell people if they're offending you! What have our society come to?

Damn liberals
your funny for a viking... lolz
Old 08-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #53 (permalink)

I was the one who said "less Robert Alvarez please" and I stand by it. Its my personal opinion and feelings about him. I was very bored during his stuff, and just didn't think it made for a good show.

The beauty of an opinion is that even though I have one it can be ignored, and I fully expect it to be.

Whats "fucking dumb" is people getting worked up over people expressing their feelings and opinions in a forum that was designed for that exact purpose.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I'm referring to whomever it was that said "less Robert Alvarez please" I don't remember who it was, but thats fucking dumb. It's basically saying "although I appreciate the free thing you've given me, I'd rather you changed it to suit me"
I also said that I hope there's less of him in the future. More or less the same thing as what the other person said. They're both feedback, though I had other things to say as well. Can't speak for him. Free or not, I don't think it's out of line to say that I hope he doesn't make a return. I would think Keith and Chemda would want to know if listeners like the guests or not.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pala View Post
The beauty of an opinion is that even though I have one it can be ignored, and I fully expect it to be.

Whats "fucking dumb" is people getting worked up over people expressing their feelings and opinions in a forum that was designed for that exact purpose.
I know. What the fuck? If you mention you don't like a particular show or guest, people start to get offended and start talking about you personally. I don't recall ever telling anyone on here that their opinion was meaningless or they had a personal issue.

This is the level of discourse of the world lately, "If you don't believe as I believe or like what I like you are a jack-ass". I appreciate and prefer that other people have an opinion all their own, wish they felt the same way.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokkratez View Post
Agreed. "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHemda, or however you say your name", then he's so god damn anal retentive about everything else.
He is a whinny ass drama queen who has no respect for females. He is one of those who actually give off a vibe of being threatened by females in general. Notice how he couldn't even bring himself to call SPWE "Sexy Potatoe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I'm referring to whomever it was that said "less Robert Alvarez please" I don't remember who it was, but thats fucking dumb. It's basically saying "although I appreciate the free thing you've given me, I'd rather you changed it to suit me"

Let's talk about this whole "free" thing for a bit shall we? I am also not a fan of this so called "Psychic witch" and thought his segment did bring down the show. I'm entitled to feel that way, I am also entitled to voice my opinion. Also bare in mind that this was a marathon to raise money and for something that was free Chemda sure did spend a lot of time telling people how and giving formulas to determine how much to donate. Don't get me wrong that was the point of the weekend and it worked, but don't be down on anyone who voices an opinion on show material based on the misleading concept of it being "free". It was never intended to be a free telethon. And even during the regular shows, you still buy stuff from the store, you can still donate. They aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts (so much) They are wanting to make a living (as well they should). Basically to sum it up, I don't like Robert Alverez as a guest or as a "psychic", his answers to people's questions were really more common sense then prediction. When people ask questions like "Will the person I am with now be the one that works out?" the answer is no, and you already know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pala View Post
I was the one who said "less Robert Alvarez please" and I stand by it. Its my personal opinion and feelings about him. I was very bored during his stuff, and just didn't think it made for a good show.

/applauds

Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I just think its ironic that one of the last times Josh the Jew was on the show, he got (inecplicably to me- a non religioud person) frustrated and offended at Spooky's line of questioning. I could hear Robert getting offended by someone in the room, but in the crowd, I didn't know it was Josh.
Came here to type exactly this.

Josh: you're pompous, annoying and condescending.

Quote:
It was never intended to be a free telethon.
Your logical path is anything but. Matter of factly, you're quite stretching. It's a free show, no matter how much you twist the existance of a fucking donate button. Grow up.

Quote:
When people ask questions like "Will the person I am with now be the one that works out?" the answer is no, and you already know it.
Thats not what he does. He interprets Tarot Cards. Frankly, I think the whole thing is bullshit, but the segment isn't "Ask a question and get knocked in the face with common sense." It's Tarot reading. The random selection of a card that contains a representation of a particular explanation or answer. It's fun. You may not think its fun, and thats fine, but that just means that YOU are the one being fooled by what is purely entertainment, simply because while the rest of us are enjoying the magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, you're standing up and screaming "MAGIC ISN'T REAL!"

Thank you, Darwin. We hadn't heard.

Last edited by Dirtface; 08-12-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
He is a whinny ass drama queen who has no respect for females. He is one of those who actually give off a vibe of being threatened by females in general. Notice how he couldn't even bring himself to call SPWE "Sexy Potatoe".
Forgot about that. There was somebody else that he wouldn't call by their screenname too. I can't remember who though.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #59 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Re-hearing it now. He's going by what in someone's life they're most called. You have to say if you believe or don't, but that's a silly thing to point out. He didn't have a problem with 'sexy', he had a problem with calling a girl a potato. If anything it's the opposite of disrespect to women.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #60 (permalink)

Are we really arguing about the screen name thing? Maybe it was just awkward to call people by the random names people tend to have on bulletins. I don't really see it as disrespect.