Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildEyes3 View Post
Are we really arguing about the screen name thing? Maybe it was just awkward to call people by the random names people tend to have on bulletins. I don't really see it as disrespect.
Yeah, I don't agree with his choice of career, but I don't think he was disrespectful for not wanting to call someone sexy potato. I'd feel odd pronouncing out loud a lot of the handles online.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtface View Post
Your logical path is anything but. Matter of factly, you're quite stretching. It's a free show, no matter how much you twist the existance of a fucking donate button. Grow up.
It isn't free. Someone (listeners and advertisers) is giving money to Keith and Chemda. I don't begrudge them that, it's better than my job and they are great at it. To say that it is free though is mis-representing the word free.

They get paid because we listen, we are their customers. If they stopped being interesting (which I don't imagine happening) and people stopped listening, they would eventually not get paid anymore and would have to get other less meaningful jobs.

Quote:
It's fun. You may not think its fun, and thats fine, but that just means that YOU are the one being fooled by what is purely entertainment, simply because while the rest of us are enjoying the magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, you're standing up and screaming "MAGIC ISN'T REAL!"

Thank you, Darwin. We hadn't heard.
There is a difference between David Copperfield and this guy. Real people aren't calling up David Copperfield with real life-changing issues. It's fun for you to listen to, but it probably isn't much fun for folks who make a shitty life choice because they believe this guys act.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #63 (permalink)
blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile_E_Peyote View Post
It isn't free. Someone (listeners and advertisers) is giving money to Keith and Chemda. I don't begrudge them that, it's better than my job and they are great at it. To say that it is free though is mis-representing the word free.
I feel like this is splitting hairs. Perhaps it would be a more solid argument if Robert became a weekly occurance. In 1 year, he has been on 3 times.
The show is free. Free in the sense that you aren't forced to listen to it. You could've not listened to that portion of the 74 hours and still felt like you contributed. You couldn't pay me to listen to Deuce (not to mention his wife) but 1 a year I can handle. It's also free because well you don't have to pay for it. Of course the community is supporting them, but that isn't blind support, as if they are sitting around doing nothing to deserve our support.

Quote:
There is a difference between David Copperfield and this guy. Real people aren't calling up David Copperfield with real life-changing issues. It's fun for you to listen to, but it probably isn't much fun for folks who make a shitty life choice because they believe this guys act.
I would like to imagine that the majority of people wouldn't put the full weight of 'real life-changing issues' on a guy who calls himself a 'psychic witch'... He interprets what he sees.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #64 (permalink)

Robert Alvarez is a crazy. It's sorta weird how Keith and Chemda shit on religion all the time (rightfully so), but love fucking Robert Alvarez and his stupid little cards. "Okay the penis card came out. The penis is generally depicted as the god of cum. I would recommend consulting my ass and shit cuz I'm a big gay fag woohoo!" No, that didn't make sense... I don't care. Basically, Robert Alvarez is an asshat.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #65 (permalink)

hmm... I can't say i necessarily believe in Alvarazes' (shit spelling) tarot card stuff and spiritual guide and whatever, but I have less trouble listening to him than I do listening to Keith's "we don't need other countries, get rid of them" theory. No offense to Keith, but that bothers me more than Zodiac predictions and fortune telling which I sort of just accept as entertainment... like a magic 8 ball.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 AM   #66 (permalink)
Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrusso View Post
Robert Alvarez is a crazy. It's sorta weird how Keith and Chemda shit on religion all the time (rightfully so), but love fucking Robert Alvarez and his stupid little cards. "Okay the penis card came out. The penis is generally depicted as the god of cum. I would recommend consulting my ass and shit cuz I'm a big gay fag woohoo!" No, that didn't make sense... I don't care. Basically, Robert Alvarez is an asshat.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck you. Yadda, yadda...
Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 AM   #67 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
... The show is free. Free in the sense that you aren't forced to listen to it ...
This genius really is confusing you with his bullshit isn't he. It's not free because of being forced to listen or not. It's free because you can have it without paying for it for fuck's sake.

Fuggin Wile Peyote, Marina may miss the point but you talk as much shit as the fruity witch with all your KATG-ain't-free bollocks.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:58 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:

They get paid because we listen, we are their customers. If they stopped being interesting (which I don't imagine happening) and people stopped listening, they would eventually not get paid anymore and would have to get other less meaningful jobs.

You can stop now.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #69 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I personally really enjoyed this episode. I'm not exactly sure what I believe, but I didn't think that Robert was full of shit. I try to view those as more of an heightened insight thing and to take it with a grain of salt.

Also, the sexy potatoe thing, he didn't do that just to her, he wanted to know EVERYONE's name that they went by in real life. I actually went back to the previous episode that he was on and listened. I was pretty surprised that Keith and Chemda had him on the show. But it was interesting and I didn't feel that Keith or Chemda held themselves back at all. Keith even said that he didn't believe in it. I felt that Robert had a pretty healthy sense of humor and was only shushing them so that he could answer the callers answers, not out of disrespect to them. And if Keith or Chemda felt that he was being disrespectful, they would have been all over it.

That being said, I also really enjoyed F-Mos. I need to find the other shows he's been on and listen to those. I especially enjoyed the Hot or Not segment.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck you. Yadda, yadda...
Tanks.