Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

741: Partay!

"I've always been a fat person. My whole family are fat people."

www.BrotherLoveRocks.com/store
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"I've always been a fat person. My whole family are fat people."

www.BrotherLoveRocks.com/store
uh oh.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Talking about sex on a school bus...

Growing up in very rural Tennessee, they'd bus the country folk from the elementary/middle school to the high school in "town". They ended up having to separate those high school buses into a girls bus & a boys bus, because of all the sex. I (unfortunately) remember this one couple in particular, I guess they just felt like they were having sex at home, as when the school bus would drop them off, they'd walk up the steps to their home, which was their VERY OWN school bus, parked in the front yard of the shack their family lived in.

Last edited by Indecisive Twit; 06-04-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

When you grow up fat you do get comfortable with it. I understand where Chemda is coming from as a girl who has never been obese. I was fat since I was around 10 years old. It was a way of life. You ignore the stares of people, you don't realize what is going on around you or you don't want to. People around you don't want to be rude and say god you need to lose weight or you need to do something etc. I went for years trying different things to lose weight. I used to be huge. I thought that even if I lost weight I was still destined to be heavier than most. I had no idea that your thighs could not rub together. You go to fat girl stores and buy fat girl clothes that try to make you think you're sexy when you're not. I thought I felt fine when I was fat but obviously there was something in me that didn't that made me lose weight. When you lose the amount of weight that I have you start to realize there is a whole world out there. I was amazed after I lost weight how people were all of a sudden nicer. For example, usually I'd go into a clothes store and be ignored, now people want to help and ask me if I want to try things on. Who in the world would ask a fatty if they wanted to try something on that is in no way in hell going to fit them and then what do you do ask if they're shopping for someone else?
So I don't think Chemda was being obnoxious by asking the questions that she did I think they are valid questions and just goes to point out that each person has a different perception of their reality.
Oh and I know someone will ask so I've lost 172 pounds & have gone from a size 22 to a size 2

"It's never too late to become the
person you might have been."
- George Elliot
Old 06-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Wink Fat Girl

I also have been fat for most of my life. I guess I never really cared what people thought about me, until now. I used to have the attitude if you don't like me that's your problem, not mine. I wish I had understood the importance of exercise and eating right when I was younger. Now I do, and I try to eat the right things and get out there and exercise, but I have to force myself to do it.

Chemda was right when she said a fat person doesn't know when to stop eating from a bag of chips. I admit that I've eaten a bag of Doritos before, because whatever it is in my brain that tells me to stop, never switches on. Now, when I eat, I am conscientious of everything I put in my mouth. I have to tell myself if it doesn't taste good to stop eating it, or if I think I've had enough even though it's yummy I make myself stop.

Ever since I booked my trip for the KATG cruise I've been watching what I eat and exercising more. It is getting easier. For the last two months I have been going to Curves and making an effort to eat more healthy foods and I have lost 20 pounds. I feel better, I look better, and I have more confidence.

I know I won't be Brother Love worthy by the time the cruise rolls around. I do hope to be well on my way to it though.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtygrrl View Post
When you grow up fat you do get comfortable with it.
Dats very true. As I got heavier, I did get more comfortable with it. It's only in the summer time when it gets really humid that I get really uncomfortable with my fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattywhompas View Post
I also have been fat for most of my life. I guess I never really cared what people thought about me, until now. I used to have the attitude if you don't like me that's your problem.
Dat too. I learn at a very young age, for various reasons, not to care what anybody thinks about yourself. Just be who you are, own up and don't let anyone tell you different or feel different no matter what. That and the fact that I have a self-deprecating sense of humor makes it hard to use negative comments to motivate me unless I push myself. Being lazy doesn't help things either.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i just don't get it. we're not born fat. it's easy to say we don't want to care what everyone thinks about you - but exercise and eating right is important. And most people really do care how we're viewed by other people - otherwise we'd be hermits in a cave. most of the time being overweight is a symptom of other problems - low self-esteem, poor self-image, etc..

on-on
Team Spooky Diet
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

London!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys .....

Sure you don't want to catch the Saints Chargers game at Wembley on the 26th October?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbintheboywanker View Post
i just don't get it. we're not born fat. it's easy to say we don't want to care what everyone thinks about you - but exercise and eating right is important. And most people really do care how we're viewed by other people - otherwise we'd be hermits in a cave. most of the time being overweight is a symptom of other problems - low self-esteem, poor self-image, etc..

on-on
Team Spooky Diet
I agree with this too, I do eat to comfort myself. I had a great childhood with some horrible moments which I would like to blame the eating on. I take responsibility for my eating though, If I am going to "blame" my weight on something I stop and think about it and just go forward, making changes now. I don't think I have a low self-esteem or poor self image, I am comfortable with my body, but I'm not proud of my body. The I don't care what other people think theory only seems to be a self protection mechanism, not a real attitude.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

I think that theres an idea out there that unless you look a normal weight (and for women, there's really no such thing, because you could always be thinner), that you're not worth as much as other people. I certainly got that growing up. I got the impression that it was okay to hate myself because it was somehow going to motivate me to excercise or eat right. How does it make sense that self-hatred could motivate a person to take care of themselves?

If I am too fat, people will mock me, refuse to acknowledge me, and generally fuck with me for no godly reason. How does this help anyone? I don't understand the idea that I should only be happy and confidant if I look right to other people. Why can't I be fat and happy?

The only time I ever ate a whole bag of anything was when I was crash dieting, when I would eat nothing but celery and apples all day, then come home, eat an entire bag of something because I was fucking starving and then puke it up and spend hours doing cardio in my room as a punishment. The self-hatred that fueled that shitty behavior isn't an attractive motivator for me anymore.

Why does a person have to think of life giving, healthy foods and invigorating exorcise as punishments for being unattractive? I like to exorcise, I like to eat good foods, if I'm not doing it it's because I'm neglecting myself.

Last edited by marina; 06-04-2008 at 11:19 AM.