Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Spooky's Desk

Spooky,
Sorry to hear about the water damage...

You sounded like you really like that desk, so I thought I would offer some advice. I do a good deal of woodworking and it sounds like (from your description) the desk is not a total loss. The roughness you described is normal for unsealed wood that gets wet.

Possible Easy Fix: Depending on how much of the grain has raised, you may be able to just run steel wool or an abrasive sponge over the wood and not even bother with re-finishing. Though you may want to put a sealer (polyurethane or shellac) to prevent damage in the future.

Little More Work: If that doesn't work (maybe the grain raised too much), you could run some very fine sandpaper over the desk (following the grain) and re-finish it.

You may not want to put that much work in to it, but thought I'd share anyway.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
This would only work if 1) the bitch has been to the Dr. recently and 2) she's not having regular periods.

So..... FAIL
While I have been to the doctor recently and I have PCOS so I don't have regular periods, I'm pretty sure it won't work.

My husband and I have both talked to her separatly about this. We have even told her that she broke one of our clocks and damaged one of my husband's paintings with her slamming the door. She just stares. Also my husband is allergic to dogs and he's asked her not to let the dog jump all over him. She just stares and continues to do it. I doubt that telling her I'm pregnant with all kinds of risks will do jack shit unfortunatly. My husband and I will probably just have to have loud sex since our apartment is right above hers, with the same floor plan. And the threatening letters of course. We have heard her talking to someone about how she hates it here and wants to leave. I hope to god its true...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Paint. Ball. Gun.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"I will kill your dog."
Old 08-22-2008, 02:56 AM   #25 (permalink)

Pfft

Tell the bitch to commit suicide.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyuujin View Post
Tell the bitch to commit suicide.

We have heard her crying at night...
Old 08-22-2008, 07:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

Jesse looks like yorick brown close up there

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
body for life thread

1. box full of art on the floor to the right of my desk, the top and bottom of which got wet

2. the water, caught in a glass, that fell from the ceiling

3. the laptop, draining water, now deceased

4. various things on my desk that got wet

5. the wacom pad, water logged

6. the guts of my ipod, drying out, now deceased

7. one of the couch coushins, draining in the shower stall

8. my apartment, soaked in water. the black garbage can is full of water, everythings shiny, that carpet is gross, my couch, gross, everything less than six feet high, covered in splashed water, gross. my shelves with all my DVDs, soaked, my desktop, soaked, both rough and fucked up now. sucks ass, in short.

/shrug

heres some art things that were discussed:

brolo

jesse joyce
Old 08-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

As hilarious as it is that me questioning your heroic efforts with the Asain dude gets you so amped up, you still haven't answered my question.

If you, Keith Malley, are not at all a pussy and you're all 100% man, why take on a killer with a hunting knife and NOT help an old man that's hit by a car and left for dead?

They are both scenarios brought up by you but there seems to be a contradiction to your heroic attitute.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 AM   #29 (permalink)

Physically Fit but a Fiscal Slob

Sorry to hear about the water damage. More sorry to hear you didn't own a tenant homeowners (renters) policy. Not only would it have covered the water damage, but it would pay to rent you a hotel room, eat out, etc., while the work was being done (and Keith's Dad would tell you these things are CHEAP)!

As far as this specific loss, there may be a remedy for you under your landlords general liability policy due to his apparent "negligent entrustment" of the property to his clearly irresponsible designee. Find out which company/agency carries his coverage and file a claim. You have one for sure.

Good luck (and go buy that stinking renters policy...TODAY)!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

update if anyone cares

Crazy lady has been calling the police on not only us, but one of our elderly neighbors claiming that we are stealing her planters...

She's never filed a report, saying that she'll wait till next time.

Funny thing is, when she said it happened, none of us were even there...plus the elderly lady has 3 sons, all of whom are sheriffs. They are currently waiting for her to fuck up. Especially since she's been tearing the elderly lady's plants out and stealing stuff off of her porch. Hopefully this bullshit will be over soon...