Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

I agree with Keith with the whole Dancing with the Stars Lance issue. IT should have been offered to him to dance with a dude but however it is considered a 'family show' and i imagine the broadcaster just didn't want to deal with the crazy left-wing church -goers angrily protesting the show.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean View Post
I agree with Keith with the whole Dancing with the Stars Lance issue. IT should have been offered to him to dance with a dude but however it is considered a 'family show' and i imagine the broadcaster just didn't want to deal with the crazy left-wing church -goers angrily protesting the show.
Yeah, it's the left-wing Christians you gotta watch out for.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Some restaurants even add corking fees when you purchase a bottle of wine; my basic understanding is that they are charging you for the service of opening the bottle, pouring the wine etc. Now that is asshole.

I love spooky!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
That is probably why they don't want to send him there....
That's some catch, that catch 22. The best one there is.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Re: Trading kids for a Hog

During a vacation to Tunisia, an arab offered my Mum 17 camels for my brother. My Dad always said that he would have gone for it but the excess baggage would have been a killer.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

War is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl12 View Post
That's some catch, that catch 22. The best one there is.
I bet he's not wrapped too tight. He's probably a friendly fire accident waiting to happen. I was gonna join the army, but I failed the drug test accidently on purpose. I was gonna get to fire off scud missiles. I regret not going sometimes.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

When I joined the Reserves we had some sub General talk to us (us being the new recruits). He asked us how many people want to go overseas and everyone except me (everyone being about 200 people) said they would all want to go overseas.

For some reason the army recruits all these people that are war hungry
Old 08-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

I love these shows where Chemda and Patrice gang up on Keith. They're funny.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sorry.... but how can you be "completely normal" and be hoping to go to war? It just doesn't make sense to me.... but I guess that is why I'm not in the armed forces....

I can kinda get the idea of wanting to serve your country, but to be solely focused on the "goal" of going straight into war.... It just seems a bit off in the noggin...

Oh, and tons of people that aren't all together in the head graduate high school every year....
If you join the military during a war, I can't imagine thinking that you wouldn't wind up there. Realistically, only a small percentage of people in the service actually see combat but you have to figure there is a good chance of it going in.

... and tear gas will eliminate a cold in about 1.2 seconds. You'll miss the cold afterwards though, remembering it fondly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Yeah you can get wine by the glass here for $8-10 as well. It isn't uncommon. I typically won't buy wine at a bar/restaurant unless I am with others who want to go in on a whole bottle. Typically more reasonable that way. Even then depending on the wine the markup can be outrageous. To my understanding %150 markup is standard for most alcoholic beverages, but I have seen some wines that I can buy in the grocery store for 13 bucks sold for $50 at a dining establishment.
You can easily pay that much for a glass of wine around here, particularly at a nice place.

Chemda, if you can pre-screen those networking events for one that have marketing or ad people in attendance you won't be buying a drink all night. Those people will swarm you if your nametag says "talk show host" or "radio personality."

Old 08-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I can kinda get the idea of wanting to serve your country, but to be solely focused on the "goal" of going straight into war.... It just seems a bit off in the noggin...
They're one and the same. Your country wants you to go to war, you want to serve your country thus you want to go to war.

Plus, either you join the army to go to war or because you don't know what else to do.